Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiveWire___

Atlanta: best setup?

6 comments in this topic

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
693 posts
4,424 battles

So, I got this ship, which always caught my imagination ever since, as a kid, I learned all about the Naval battle at Guadalcanal.

I've seen a few guides as to how best to set this thing up, but they seem contradictory. So I did some homework.

But, question is: how have you set YOURS up?

I'm particularly interested in whether IFHE is worth having, or not. I have a captain, which I plan on keeping with this ship, with 13 skill points so far.

Thanks

[SM0KE]
Players
6,403 posts
14,934 battles
10 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

I've seen a few guides as to how best to set this thing up, but they seem contradictory.

I'm not a cruiser meister, but a lot of the variation - I'm guessing - may date from when the guide was produced; what to do with Atlanta changed dramatically after the reework (not for the better, alas)...

[CAIN]
Players
4,823 posts
20,074 battles

With the upcoming commander skill rework, chances are that AFT will get removed (if it stays as it currently is), and rhis ship completely murdered. So you might wanna ignore that skill and go for concealment and IFHE, and then specc Demo expert.

It might help getting accustomed to the to-be shafted Atlanta right now. But then, a ship her size with 11km range might not be worth playing after the rework. Especially since you see tier 9 quite often.

Atm, IFHE is not mandatory, as you can compensate by setting tons of fires.

Concealment and range are however,  also demo expert. AR, preventive maintenance, last stand should also be fairly standard.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,350 posts
18,216 battles

IFHE on Atlanta only buffs your pen damage against equal or lower Tier ships. If you're facing Tier VIII and IX opponents then you'll wish you'd preserved your fire chance. 

Buff Concealment, Range, RoF, fire chance first. And as @jethro_grey said, expect this ship - like all the outliers - to get hit badly by the captain skill rework. 

[NOWH]
Players
873 posts
6,026 battles

to me, atlanta these days is pretty much a t7 omaha.

im quite happy to go hunting it with most mid tier ships. that includes some of the newer dd. while you have twice the hp of the majority of dd you will face, they dont have a citadel.

most cl outrage you and have newer gimmicks.

many ca's citadel you through your bow and stern if you arent really precise with your angling.

any bb that sees you, and was close enough for you to shoot, is going to make you feel like the prettiest belle as the ball.

127s on a t7 ship arent going to see much benefit from ifhe. especially when you end up in a t9 match.

you might as well not bother shooting russian bb

you want stealth to be able to stop shooting, and find another island to move to and try and burn things.

[THESO]
Players
4,578 posts

I just use my Worchester captain on her.

Most people say and will say, that you should go AFT on her.

Since I only play her in Narai I have no need for another captain build. 

After the captain skills rework I will probably use Gearing captain for alternate cruiser build that will fit Atlanta / Flint.

Sign in to follow this