You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Montrala

Ammo type change bug(?)

8 comments in this topic

[WDG]
Players
49 posts
6,467 battles

Recently I noticed strange behaviour when changing ammo from HE to AP. In several instances when I change to AP first salvo looks like HE (yellow projectiles) and indeed works like HE (even sets fire), while ammo indicator sows AP. All later salvos are AP. It just happened to me again and I went back to replay to get some screenshots. However, to my huge confusion, replay do not shows moment I change ammo. It shows I have HE loaded all the time. After I made salvo that I wanted to be AP replay shows instant switch to AP - much faster that I would be able to manually select AP after firing HE salvo. It also doesn't show my attempt to change ammo at all. I never had similar experience when going from AP to HE.

Anyone else noticed similar behavior?

Look at my replay. Around 5min into battle, after I finished shooting at Benson I switched to AP to shoot at broadsiding Monarch (but no trace of that in replay) and after HE salvo goes game instantly switches to AP. I could not swith to AP that fast after salvo even if I planned to do so, not to mention when I'm surprised by seeing HE salvo.

BTW I will try to catch it on instant replay next time.

20201014_152841_PASC510-Alaska_45_Zigzag.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,804 posts
9,751 battles

Maybe you only pressed once, while you need to press 2 times to switch ammo.

Like as you said, you shot HE at the Benson, and you only click once. You will continue to load HE, but the game knows you want to switch to AP. After you fired your next HE salvo, it will switch to AP. Thats why it switched faster than you could do it manually. Its already set to load AP afterwards.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
301 posts
5,360 battles

You have to press twice to unload the HE and load AP, one press means you have to clear the guns first and the crew in the turret then loads up AP.

[WDG]
Players
49 posts
6,467 battles

Guys, I have a few battles behind my belt and I know how to force ammo change. I even use "Expert Loader" skill on some of my captains. Also I noticed this more than once: ALWAYS HE->AP and NEVER AP->HE. It looks like game front end takes double press and shows AP loaded, while backend only registers one press.

ETA: Anyway, I will look more closely. It is possible that I just made fool out of myself ;)

[TACHA]
Players
301 posts
5,360 battles
1 hour ago, Montrala said:

Guys, I have a few battles behind my belt and I know how to force ammo change. I even use "Expert Loader" skill on some of my captains. Also I noticed this more than once: ALWAYS HE->AP and NEVER AP->HE. It looks like game front end takes double press and shows AP loaded, while backend only registers one press.

ETA: Anyway, I will look more closely. It is possible that I just made fool out of myself ;)

Fair enough, will see if I get the same, is it after a change with Expert Loader or without?

[WDG]
Players
49 posts
6,467 battles
14.10.2020 o 17:37, HansRoaming napisał:

Fair enough, will see if I get the same, is it after a change with Expert Loader or without?

Both. On Alaska I have EL, but I noticed this earlier playing DDs.

23 godziny temu, Itwastuesday napisał:

I've been getting this today a lot too. I get the cooldown for changing ammo type but still shoot the wrong ammo.

Exactly what I think happens. So maybe I'm not seeing things or missing keys... :/

• Cool 1