Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ShamanT

Why can't I disable Direct Messages?

49 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,345 battles

I have tried this game several times since beta.

It is an exceptional achievement, a truly phenomenal piece of work that is really fun to play.

But the community is very toxic and it only takes a few games before you start getting very unpleasant direct messages from other players.

Why can I not disable direct messages?

It is such a simple thing in the larger scheme of things.

In WoT I can not only disable DM's but I can also disable in game chat - I would not play WoT if I couldn't do this.

Why would anyone play a game where you are forced to endure unbelievably disgusting abuse with no recourse?

I just don't get it.

If you ever add the ability to disable DM's then please announce it so that it might catch my attention.

Until then, good luck Captains o7

• Bad 1

[WG]
WG Staff
5,135 posts
4,445 battles

Hello,

Sorry, that you have to face toxic players. Usually those, who keep being toxic are being banned almost all the time and those bans can be applied to Direct Messages too. In case something like this happens, don't be affraid to make a screenshot from this Direct Message and report that to Customer Support who will further deal with those players.

Atleast you can disable battlechat, which is sometimes the source of initial chat toxicity, that can lead into further toxic behaviour in Direct Messages.

In any case, stay calm, try to ignore those players and enjoy the game, no matter what toxic players are saying...

• Bad 1

[WTFNO]
Players
639 posts
11,380 battles

You can disable battle chat (it's buried somewhere in the controls options I think)

For direct messages I guess you have to manually blacklist.

[LUZ1]
Players
1,004 posts
13,293 battles
21 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

there is simple reason why people are toxic, they not like lose the battle

No, sorry, people are toxic because they feel entitled and lack self control.

• Boring 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,264 posts
13,991 battles
Zitat

To disable port-chat, stay invisible and turn off insults, simply block port 5222 & 5333 (in and out) in your firewall.

Also blocks all direct messages.

Furthermore you can disable the battle-chat directly in battle.

To disable Karma & karma-notifications:

• Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,602 posts
13,884 battles

That not really is a justification to post something to them in port after the match. And it really is that season of the year again where you get a lot of this stuff and epicly toxic comments in battlechat as well

Had a genius in a Charles Martel that claimed he got torpedoed by a Friedrich der Große.... 75% Health taken of his ship yet our FdG Friend wasn't even pink... BUT i quote he was a dumb idiot.

[LSCA]
Players
1,514 posts
12,280 battles
Just now, Camperdown said:

No, sorry, people are toxic because they feel entitled and lack self control.

you get toxic commends when you win battle? now there is different type peoples some who are calm can also take teams down as they not care if they win or lose

[LUZ1]
Players
1,004 posts
13,293 battles
1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

you get toxic commends when you win battle? now there is different type peoples some who are calm can also take teams down as they not care if they win or lose

Oh, I do get salty every once in a while, but toxic is something else. So imo the difference is not between toxic and calm, but between people who think they have the right to be obnoxious when they feel wronged and those who keep in mind even a window licker is a human being. 

A mentally challenged human being, but still :cap_haloween:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles

Toxic behavior in chat is typically a result of toxic gameplay. Unfortunately the latter doesn't get punished.

• Cool 7

[LUZ1]
Players
1,004 posts
13,293 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Toxic behavior in chat is typically a result of toxic gameplay. Unfortunately the latter doesn't get punished.

Says the master griefer of playing toxic ships :cap_cool::Smile_trollface:

Genuine question: do you think toxic play is usually intentional, or lack of skill? I have the impression it's usually the latter.

[LSCA]
Players
1,514 posts
12,280 battles
12 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Genuine question: do you think toxic play is usually intentional, or lack of skill?

both. but seriously if you not have skills at all then that may piss toxic players off even more.

note: toxic player is human too

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,514 posts
12,280 battles

also if you get karma point from toxic player, then that is biggest compliment at game what you ever can get from this game , as toxic players are very critic by default

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 minute ago, U69_2020 said:

You can blacklist people, but then your game will get laggy like hell. So it's hell either way.

I think they fixed that. I have a long blacklist, I don't wait for someone to be toxic towards me specifically, if I find the person's behavior bad in general I just blacklist them. The list is like a mile long and no problems here.

Also, and I'm not defending toxicity here, but I can count on the fingers of one hand how often I was contacted after a battle by a toxic person. I checked your stats OP, you're no unicum but also not a 42%-er so I'm not really sure what's going on here, you shouldn't be getting these every few battles. Are you sure you're not doing something to provoke the speshuls? You can avoid a lot of these if you don't use the chat for anything but basic info when absolutely necessary.

Players
192 posts

amazing world - more and more people get hurt by words of people they dont know and probably never meet ...

i could not care less what some nobody will write to me ... unless occasionally they tell the truth which i suppose has happened here ... but even then i tell them .i..

about toxicicty - how we could report toxic behaviour in battle so that lesta will do smthg about it - i mean top tier full hp bb snipining from behind island when everything is collapsing and then running away all but him are dead. later checked that dude (or dudette) has some ~20k battles with 41% wr.

but to report smbdy to cutomer support - never. even if i have 100% proof that one hacks. i have no desire to get one of those automatic answeres that you have automatic systems to catch them.

i could not care less ...

[TUICH]
Players
230 posts
3,835 battles
1 hora antes, gabberworld dijo:

there is simple reason why people are toxic, they not like lose the battle

They are toxic because are hidden behind a keyboard. Face to face, toxicity level decreases 99%

Alpha Tester
3,094 posts
12,188 battles
2 hours ago, ShamanT said:

I have tried this game several times since beta.

It is an exceptional achievement, a truly phenomenal piece of work that is really fun to play.

But the community is very toxic.......

How about we begin by defining what being 'toxic' is....? This word is used a lot around here and sometimes may refer to a situation where someone doesn't like what was said to them and because it was not a reality (whether true or not) they want to come to terms with they very quickly label the person criticising them as toxic. Cognitive dissonance is probably the best explanation for this.

So lets ask again what being toxic is. Is being toxic swearing? Calling names? Wishing someone dead or to get cancer? Asking why a person may have been afk? Asking why someone didn't help the team? Soft or even blunt criticism of someones failing on a game? What exactly are we talking about when we call someone toxic? Competitive criticism will happen, it's not all toxic, even swearing is not toxic nowadays.

Anyone? Toxic to me may not be toxic to you and vice versa.....what worries me is how I'm meeting more and more people of 'lesser' toughness...with such low resilience levels it frightens me to think they need to survive in this world on their own one day....if someone is so struck down by words then what on earth will they do in the 'physical' world?

My solution for you? THIS: Disabling chat is running away from things, why not face it and seriously, how often does this happen to you? If incredibly frequently have you even looked at any possible underlying problem to rule out it's not you doing something wrong in this team-based game (though it does not excuse bad behaviour from anyone).....you have the ability to close the chat without reading, ignore what is being said and not engaging and realising that its some disgruntled person trying to have a a go (sure we all do it), reporting the person, screenshotting or even blacklisting. Above all this they're only words....and can't do any damage to you unless you believe them, and let them....so was it really worth it coming to the forum? You can quickly disarm people by ignoring them or being nice. When they don't get the response they want they eventually move on....and you win. So take the power back from them....all of the above is how you beat them every time......don't run away, develop resliience and confidence in dealing with people like this.

• Cool 3

[LSCA]
Players
1,514 posts
12,280 battles
2 minutes ago, Bender76048k said:

They are toxic because are hidden behind a keyboard. Face to face, toxicity level decreases 99%

that is true, but for this kind stuff may end also that one side can go jail for rest off his life if it goes off too far

[LEEUW]
Players
2,748 posts
10,363 battles
2 hours ago, ShamanT said:

Why would anyone play a game where you are forced to endure unbelievably disgusting abuse with no recourse?

I just don't get it.

Because its fun. Its a fun game to play and its fun dealing with raging people on the internet.

What can they do to you? Nothing. Someone taking time to write you a loving message means you made them rage. I love that.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Because its fun. Its a fun game to play and its fun dealing with raging people on the internet.

What can they do to you? Nothing. Someone taking time to write you a loving message means you made them rage. I love that.

You should play more CV then. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TUICH]
Players
230 posts
3,835 battles
8 minutos antes, gabberworld dijo:

that is true, but for this kind stuff may end also that one side can go jail for rest off his life if it goes off too far

Only in countries with weapons in the streets

[LSCA]
Players
1,514 posts
12,280 battles
6 minutes ago, Bender76048k said:

Only in countries with weapons in the streets

if user see that he life is in danger he can make any object as weapon dependents off user tho

[LEEUW]
Players
2,748 posts
10,363 battles
24 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

You should play more CV then. 

Wow wow wow, calm down.

I am not THAT toxic...... yet :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Sign in to follow this