You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Malhadras

Why WoWS is not fun anymore

251 comments in this topic

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts

Well, the epicenter and the regular caps are an artificial mechanism attempting to represent missing realism and real concepts of determining who wins and who loses the battle. Sinking enemy ships is the other way of winning the battle, the more realistic one of the two. However, both of these mechanisms fail to achieve the desired effect of forcing the two teams to clash against each other.

• Cool 2

Players
3,029 posts

CCs were always looking after their channels and pockets man, totally untrustworthy. The rare protests after the dmg is done means nothing. Remember what happened with the bureau and Moskva and the nerfing of ships after I have bought camo for them (Ryu, Shoka, Haku) etc. Too many stuff to recount here, well known by all. 

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

To me the most unfun part is the escalating amount of grind that is expected you do ON TOP of paying up a bundle...

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
1 hour ago, Malhadras said:

CV is broken... but - I try to live with it... there is a lot of Russian Bias in the ships -

CV are broken, according to you, but there is supposed to be a lot of Russian Bias, while none of the CV is russian... :cap_wander:

What do broken CV mean for russian ships in the game?

• Funny 2
  • Boring 25
  • Bad 10

Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,512 battles
2 hours ago, Malhadras said:

there is a lot of Russian Bias in the ships

If only all ships came with a brain cell to use it corectly, the ship can be good or bad, but it doesnt help if youre a BOT. And i do agree on the MM part, it tends to drop all trash on one side and somewhat capable on the other, 10 min games are equivalent to a full fledge massacre where both teams actually did move from spawn, i gave up on the playerbase long a go and joined the masses of those BOTS we hate so much, there are more of us, less frustrating, and less cares are given to a loss than ever.

• Cool 1

Players
460 posts
3,920 battles

It's gone the extact same route as WOT and I knew it would, it's why I've never been invested in the game because I knew they'ed introduce powercreep and OP premiums to induce spending.

Doubt I'll ever play a wargaming game seriously again.

• Cool 11

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
9 minutes ago, Ryuuteimaru said:

It's gone the extact same route as WOT and I knew it would, it's why I've never been invested in the game because I knew they'ed introduce powercreep and OP premiums to induce spending.

What premium is OP?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 1

[MUMMY]
Players
598 posts
10,167 battles

Mostly agree with you OP.  I am taking a break from WoWs for a week or so; thats the plan anyway.

Similar reasons to you, getting sick of being put with a bunch of window lickers - on my team or the enemy - whereby the game is effectively over within the first 6 minutes.

I am not sat in an ivory tower here, I can and do screw things up; sometimes hilariously hard - sometimes I am the window licker.

The level of gameplay has dropped considerably (or atleast feels this way) over the past year.  The past 10 days or so have been horrible to play.

I wont be spending any further money on this game until I start to see improvements, in my opinion it has been dying for some time and I have a feeling that will accelerate over the next 6-12 months. Yay subs!

This however:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Malhadras said:

P.S. Btw - there is a reason why a) WG does NEVER publish the results of the different surveys and b) that they will never survey peoples opinion in more detailed ways and most definitely NOT about the topics that people are most vocal about... because why would they - it would mean that they would have to admit being wrong and would FORCE them to do something... and since every gamehouse like WG is run by businessmen, that have little understanding and NO-LOVE for GAMING, only greed and money... they wan't to hide those kind of things so they will be able to keep pushing their crappy lootboxes and other trash as WG has been doing... 

A clan mate of mine had a WG survey today who is in a similar frame of mind as myself. 

First question:  0-10 how likely would you recommend WoWs to a friend?

Answer: 0

Thank you for taking part in this survey.

No further questions to answer, no option to extrapolate on why he gave the game a 0. 

End of survey.

If you are not singing their praise they simply do not want to know as WG seem content in their own little bubble. 

• Cool 21

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
21 minutes ago, Ryuuteimaru said:

Powercreep is a problem in WoT, but IMO not so much OP premiums. The biggest issues are class imbalance, poor maps and gold ammo (which defeats the point of game balance). WoWS gameplay is still leagues above that of WoT.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,091 battles

Well, i found my fun again...in MWO, SW Squadrons and Subnautica.

• Cool 9

[MUMMY]
Players
598 posts
10,167 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

What premium is OP?

Generally the ones that you can only get in Christmas loot boxes.

Enterprise, Belfast, Giulio Cesare, Kamikaze (Fujin/Kamikaze R).

Other ships are strong and could arguably be OP in the right hands, most former OP have simply been powercrept. 

Call BS if you want but if you recall even WG considered Giulio Cesare OP at its tier, remember the storm they created when there was open talk of uptiering her in early 2019.

Changes to Giulio Cesare was to be the "first in line" of changes to premium ships IIRC indicating WG viewed more than one ship as being OP.

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
746 posts
5,667 battles

It seems to me like what has happened for the time I have been playing : you have CV, Radar -> nobody plays DD, more camping -> introduce 20km sonicspeed torp DD -> DD played, but everybody camp more -> introduce cancerous sniper battleships for players to camp in -> camp more -> more radar in ships designed to camp -> more camp -> introduce busted carrier to kill campers -> busted carrier is busted but more camping ensues -> make a weird american battleship split nobody likes -> ? -> soviet carriers of more camping probably or perhaps submarines to permaspot DD with no counterplay so more camping?

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
1 hour ago, rage1750 said:

First question:  0-10 how likely would you recommend WoWs to a friend?

Answer: 0

Thank you for taking part in this survey. 

Heard the same thing from someone else.

Actually there might be a reason for that - lack of new players? They are only interested, how likely players will recommend the game to others. If its overwhelmingly bad, maybe they change their strategy to even more money milking (basicly what we are already seeing imo)

While watching KOTS, i thought its quite interesting that we basicly had 10-15k people watching. I dont think we had those amount of people watching twitch a couple of years ago. Why dont we have much more players ingame? Its the usual 10-30k depending on time and day. Why do we get more and more bots on lowtiers?

Everything is pointing towards a lack of players. While they clearly seem to be interested, atleast they are following twitch :cap_fainting:

4 hours ago, Malhadras said:

1. The matchmaking...  

While i agree, that the matches are horrible, its not the fault of the MM. Its because players are so abysmal nowadays, who are the fault for roflstomps left and right. You cant just put 8 40%ers equally in both teams, as some of them will be suiciders and others campers. If you get too many suiciders, game is over in 5 mins. Thats the issue. You can try to tweak MM as much as you like, game will be crap as long as people with 200 battles are allowed to whale their way to TX, ruining those games because they are picking their nose along the way.

Also the reason why games dont last so long, is because more people will suicide when their team lost a few ships. They are just "not gonna waste my time, NEXT". Again, tweaking MM will do nothing in that regard.

• Cool 12

[BK]
Players
171 posts
8,741 battles

Playing with bot is more fun. Bot don't camp, they tried to play together by pushing. Good job bot!!!

• Cool 9
  • Funny 5

[U69]
[U69]
Players
207 posts
5 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

SW Squadrons looked like fun... until I saw that ramming and ISD with a tiny starfighter at full speed does roughly the same damage to you (cracked windshield, oh my gosh) as ramming an ally in WoWs. That's when I said "njet, not gonna buy this sh't".

• Funny 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,016 battles

`#1 reason this game is now wreaked - the farce CV rework.

#2 reason this game is becoming more wreaked - almost everything that has been added since the farce CV rework.

• Cool 17

[SFT]
Players
253 posts
Vor 9 Stunden, Malhadras sagte:

1. The matchmaking... 

The MM is growingly being so unbalanced, that the matches are not fun for ANYONE... not the losing side, but not even the winners. Match is over in 5 minutes with one side being completely steamrolled and the other not being able to anything.. even on winning side, it feels a waste of time and not at all fun... I mean - the "fun" is equal to Co-Op experience, or actually less, as you have higher expections about the match. I want to emphasize that it is NOT FUN for the WINNERs as it is naturally even less fun for the losing side... but if even the winning side feels bored, underwhelmed and just generally unsatisfied... then something is really really wrong.

Of course you get bad teams from time to time, and you will lose... and while it's not fun to lose ever - at least there is a fight... but lately the amount of matches that are completely one-sided has grown increasingly so - that in a night it is NOT UNCOMMON to have OVER HALF the matches (roughly 10-20 matches in a evening) that are one-sided steamrolls... and - once more underlining - it is extremely unsatisfying as a WINNING team as well.

Not expecting WG to make any changes to it - but just saying that soon this will be as interesting to play as World of Warplanes (that still a thing??)

+1! This is absolutely true. 

• Cool 4

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles

the one major tactical dimension available to solo players in this game is avoiding detection. 

the second one is armor and using cover.

proliferation of CV and radars take away the first dimension, and eat away at the second. what remains of the game is boring.

• Cool 13

[LEOND]
Players
58 posts
5,878 battles
7 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Is MWO still alive? Been wasting my time there for years (shortly after Clan Wave1 till 3rd Mechcon) before I switched to WoWs. Last time i checked there were roughly players (EU) and long waiting times for PUG queue. Not mentioning FW...

Players
222 posts
3,843 battles
7 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

rdr2 and a few others for me the other not including wows 

• Cool 1

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles

There could be more reasons but two main ones are having no-AA vs. continuous CV spotting and farming, in which spotting is worse because it kills all the surprise elements of the game. Can't develop and implement any strategy when enemy knows where you are and heading to. The second one is one sided or landslide games which comes down to MM. 5-6-7-8 minute games are definitely not fun. 

I don't agree with Russian bias as everyone has access to Russian ships where balans could be Russian ships vs Russian ships but don't even need that when you have ships like Hindenburg, Henri, etc. that can balance them just as well and while there are many other op/strong ships in the game that are non-Russian.

• Cool 5

[-CC-]
Players
75 posts
605 battles
Před 9 hodinami ColonelPete řekl/a:

CV are broken, according to you, but there is supposed to be a lot of Russian Bias, while none of the CV is russian... :cap_wander:

What do broken CV mean for russian ships in the game?

Před 8 hodinami ColonelPete řekl/a:

What premium is OP?

Did you hit your head this morning?

1. You can have two things which are OP coexist in the game.

2. Belfast, Kamikaze, Enterprise, Kutuzov, Nikolai (they weren't removed because WG thought to themselves: "Alright we got enough money out of these, let's just randomly remove them").

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2