Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ajg12345

Bot AI

8 comments in this topic

[17AF]
Players
1 post
688 battles

Is it me or is BOT AI is lower than a pencil eraser, i fired some torpedoes at a target and the nearest allied destroyer was over 8km away and then the destroyer suddenly started steaming towards the target i had fired at and he could surely see the torpedos in the water due to the warnings, and he had plenty of space to maneuver around the torpedoes, but no it activated the engine overload as he had flames coming out of his funnels and speed right into the path of my torpedoes. didn't even bother trying to maneuver away from them, then i get a disciplinary for hitting him. Come on world of warships my old zx spectrum had more intelligence then the bots in the game.

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles

Bots usually go for the nearest targets....

Flames are not an engine overload, but a sign that his engine was hit...

Pay attention where you throw your torps, otherwise you will not have much fun with human teammates!

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

To be honest mate, If you hit an ally with torpedo's, bot or human, its always your own fault. 

32 minutes ago, ajg12345 said:

the destroyer suddenly started steaming towards the target i had fired at and he could surely see the torpedos in the water due to the warnings

Bots are too stupid to do anything other than steam headfirst towards the enemy and ram them and human players literally never expect to get to torpedo'd from their own team. Ships are constantly turning and changing course in this game, If you've launched torps in a way where its possible for an ally to change his course into them, its fully on you, again, noone constantly checks behind them to make sure their own team aren't trying to kill them. they're too busy focusing on red team. 

• Cool 2

[1701]
Players
134 posts
13,858 battles

I think the bots are actually programmed to try to take friendly torpedoes whenever possible to discourage second line torpedoing. I have seen enough strange and unmotivated turns by bots that it looks like it may be a thing. 

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,887 battles
1 hour ago, Steel_duck_1 said:

I think the bots are actually programmed to try to take friendly torpedoes whenever possible to discourage second line torpedoing. I have seen enough strange and unmotivated turns by bots that it looks like it may be a thing. 

You're wrong... the bots are just programmed to very closely resemble the average WoWs player... :cap_cool:

• Funny 5

Players
1 post
2,393 battles
3 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

You're wrong... the bots are just programmed to very closely resemble the average WoWs player... :cap_cool:

would explain the full broadside of torps heading your way at close range (2km) when the closes enemy ship is 15km away and not on your side of the offending BOT

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this