Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Why Remove the choice of Asymmetric Battles?

29 comments in this topic

Players
2,447 posts

Why take away a structure of Gameplay that actually made the game interesting and challenging; for those still up for the challenge...

Surely I am not the only one who loved pitching my Tier V and Tier VI ships against Tier VIII's....

Would it really be so difficult to leave this as a permanent feature for people who are tired with Ranked or Random?

If you are keeping the Battles of the Week (Which many people have played so many times before so as to know how the Bots play) why not add Asymmetric.. at least with Asymmetric each game will be different and need individual skill and cunning to win.

@Crysantos and @MrConway come on and allow those who want challenges to have them... return Asymmetric to the list of battle.

• Cool 8

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

TBH the XP gain in ops is so pathetic nowadays they can just as well remove them and put in what you ask, not like they count for many mission chains either...

• Cool 1

Players
2,447 posts

@Yedwy I loved playing the under dog... You play a Tier V DD and you have to play smart against a Tier VIII opponent... Loved it.

• Cool 6

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts

I'd like these battles back too, they were very welcome variety. Especially if you were grinding ships of those tiers.

I loved playing the under dog too that way even if we lost I could always live up to the expectations. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 6

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts
7 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

@Yedwy I loved playing the under dog... You play a Tier V DD and you have to play smart against a Tier VIII opponent... Loved it.

I all honesty they were meh for me, still better then current Ops though...

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I all honesty they were meh for me, still better then current Ops though...

The really fun part was when the lower tier team won the battle. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts
4 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

The really fun part was when the lower tier team won the battle. :Smile_medal:

The really unfun part was when you got 6 low tier bots on your side and a human high tier CV... :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
Just now, Yedwy said:

The really unfun part was when you got 6 low tier bots on your side and a human high tier CV... :Smile_sceptic:

Was at least quick and relatively painless? :Smile_unsure:

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Why take away a structure of Gameplay that actually made the game interesting and challenging; for those still up for the challenge...

• the battles were temporary as announced
  • with enough positive feedback they will be back
  • but WG has to change them as they did not work the way they were implemented (remove mixed bot/player teams, fine tune the numerical difference)
  • Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • the battles were temporary as announced
  • with enough positive feedback they will be back
  • but WG has do change them as they did not work the way they were implemented (remove mixed bot/player teams, fine tune the numerical difference)

Positive feedback as in what where how?

• Cool 3

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,956 battles

As with our other time limited modes, there is a good chance that they will be back if they were successful and well-received. :)

Unfortunately we cannot leave all of these modes active, this would have a negative impact on the matchmaker and queue times.

I also think that by changing the modes up, they stay fresh and interesting - just wait for the madness in the Halloween mode!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
2,447 posts
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

As with our other time limited modes, there is a good chance that they will be back if they were successful and well-received. :)

Unfortunately we cannot leave all of these modes active, this would have a negative impact on the matchmaker and queue times.

I also think that by changing the modes up, they stay fresh and interesting - just wait for the madness in the Halloween mode!

But the games always remain fresh do they not? Whether you're Tier V or Tier VIII your opponents, your Allies, will never be the same...

OPs and Halloween are predictable are they not?

As others have said the Bots were the problem and as to the MM Queue times, do you really mean that the other choices may become less popular (Maybe)..

Whilst Asymmetric was on offer I never touched a Random game because I had no need to... the games were a challenge and nobody camped.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

But the games always remain fresh do they not? Whether you're Tier V or Tier VIII your opponents, your Allies, will never be the same...

OPs and Halloween are predictable are they not?

As others have said the Bots were the problem and as to the MM Queue times, do you really mean that the other choices may become less popular (Maybe)..

Whilst Asymmetric was on offer I never touched a Random game because I had no need to... the games were a challenge and nobody camped.

Unless I'm mistaken, the maps were modified Operations maps. Which also made them interesting in another way.

Players
1,996 posts
19,759 battles

Hopefully the mode will return, it's important to remember WG do not like to provide a lot of diversity in game modes, so all these alternatives to random battles are temporary.

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
11 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Hopefully the mode will return, it's important to remember WG do not like to provide a lot of diversity in game modes, so all these alternatives to random battles are temporary.

I know, I still miss that bath tub mode, it so let me get in touch with my inner duck. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
35 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Well....

In world of tanks you can enable/disable specific battle types in the settings. 

This could be an option to allow other battle modes (arms race, assymetric etc) while not drawing away the players that have this enabled from the global pool, unless they actually go into battle.

In separate game modes this is a clear problem since the people waiting for operations for instance will never go into a normal random match

Players
1,996 posts
19,759 battles
44 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I know, I still miss that bath tub mode, it so let me get in touch with my inner duck. :Smile_Default:

That mode was the most fun it was utterly nuts and I loved it. 

• Cool 4

Players
387 posts
5,222 battles

would prefer savage mode back

or Halloween mode, couldn't really call it predictable as you never could exactly pinpoint when the betrayal would happen 

asymmetric was kindof fun, but too similar to just random 

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
4,884 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

We will notice the difference in madness levels though 😂🙃

Players
165 posts
3,917 battles

I really enjoyed asymmetric but I get why they want to keep the number of modes available at one time restricted.

[LUZ1]
Players
1,004 posts
13,293 battles

I liked asymmetric a lot, so yes, please, let it return if poss as a permanent mode :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[LA_FR]
Players
207 posts
2,420 battles
Il y a 4 heures, Migantium_Mashum a dit :

Surely I am not the only one who loved pitching my Tier V and Tier VI ships against Tier VIII's....

Would it really be so difficult to leave this as a permanent feature for people who are tired with Ranked or Random?

If you are keeping the Battles of the Week (Which many people have played so many times before so as to know how the Bots play) why not add Asymmetric.. at least with Asymmetric each game will be different and need individual skill and cunning to win.

@Crysantos and @MrConway come on and allow those who want challenges to have them... return Asymmetric to the list of battle.

Nobody really play this mode, plus you didn't win more EXP and more then a good FFA game with boost flags.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this