You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
WarDax

Any issues with Modstation installed on diff drive than game?

4 comments in this topic

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts

So I have been having a number of game crashes on and off and while I am currently able to run the game - with no mods - I wonder if there could be a potential issue having the game and modstation installed on separate drives?

I have WOWS installed on a separate NVME drive under F:\Games while ModStation is in the default installation path. Both drives are NVME, so I don't think there is any I/O lag, if even possible.

The most typical crash error I get is related to not being able to load System Resources. I do not know how the mod coding works but all I can do is ask.

image.png.6bdde16c2f819b68f632198472b51085.png

More info here: 

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
13,129 battles
11 minutes ago, WarDax said:

I wonder if there could be a potential issue having the game and modstation installed on separate drives?

Modstation itself "installs" mods into your game-directory from which they are loaded when game starts, so I don't see a link if you have Modstation on a separate drive. But ofc a combination of Mods can cause your client-crashs and problems, yes. 

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts

Yeah, I got that impression to since when you do a WGCheck it will point out mod related files and have you delete them, at least it looks that way.

I am currently only interested in using two mods... a Nomogram Crosshair and BadoBest Panel.  

Administrator
367 posts
12 battles
1 hour ago, WarDax said:

I wonder if there could be a potential issue having the game and modstation installed on separate drives?

Hi, this is definitely not connected with the fact that the ModStation and the game are installed on different disks.

• Cool 2