You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Whats your Controls for Consumables now ? ^^

26 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,818 posts
9,018 battles

I just completely Reworked my Consumables to Match my Wishes. (Only came around to it now cause I wasnt very Active since the Update they Finally Implemented that Option)

So Currently.

T-Key gets Heal and Smoke. (If a Ship has Heal and Smoke the Smoke moves to Y)

Y-Key gets Aircraft and Engine Boost. (Gladly most Ships that have Heal and Smoke dont come with Aircraft and Ships with Aircraft usually dont come with Engine Boost ^^)

U-Key gets Hydro, Radar, Reload Boosters. (If a Ship has Radar and Hydro the Radar moves to I. Albeit it rarely happens that any Ships have 2 of these Special Consumables.)

I-Key gets Def-AA. (As I said. Not many Ships have a Second Consumable for U Key. So I is rarely placed with other things than Def-AA)

That way I always have my Heal on T which prevents me from Accidently Triggering it when I dont need it. And also makes sure I dont trigger other Stuff when needing the Heal.

As the only Ships that have Engine Boost, Heal and Smoke the Y Key is almost always the same Too. Because there is just a few Odd cases that have all 3 of these.

The U-Key is usually the Special Ability Key for the Ship. Getting Radar, Hydro and Reload Boosters etc. So I can remember "Special Ability of this Ship" always Y.

And the I-Key is basicly the Leftover gathering which is usually Def AA. Or Second Special Ability like Radar when the Cruiser has Hydro too.

So I find this the best Setup for me.

In Majority of cases it requires little Changes. And only Switches out Single Items.

For Example. I have no Idea why BBs usually got Heal on T and Hydro on U while Cruisers then get Hydro on T and Heal on U.

This is something I would have Expected WG to change Years ago cause its basicly a Simple Switch that would Prevent alot of Misclicks....

Now I am just missing the Option of actually having this Set as Priority Setup from the Start so I dont need to Set it Seperately for each Ship.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,887 battles

I have them all on the number keypad, along with the keys for HE/AP/Torps, alternate display, target ship the cursor on...

I played probably each PC game / online game with a setup with "move with the arrow keys and have the numbers pad for all else" for the last 20 years... works for me... kinda... :cap_old:

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,956 posts
14,710 battles

I honestly haven't changed any at all and have no desire to.

But having the option is nice. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles

I dont change any, unless theyre very confusing. 

One thing is that im moving torp & gun reloaders to I by default, even on ships with less than 5 consumables. 

Im happy with how the feature was implemented, the free choice is much better than the idiotic idea of set keybinds for each consumable (which for some reason many ppl wanted, youd have 10-15 keys for consumables)

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I just completely Reworked my Consumables to Match my Wishes. (Only came around to it now cause I wasnt very Active since the Update they Finally Implemented that Option)

So Currently.

Y-Key gets Aircraft and Engine Boost. (Gladly most Ships that have Heal and Smoke dont come with Aircraft and Ships with Aircraft usually dont come with Engine Boost ^^)

U-Key gets Hydro, Radar, Reload Boosters. (If a Ship has Radar and Hydro the Radar moves to I. Albeit it rarely happens that any Ships have 2 of these Special Consumables.)

I-Key gets Def-AA. (As I said. Not many Ships have a Second Consumable for U Key. So I is rarely placed with other things than Def-AA)

That way I always have my Heal on T which prevents me from Accidently Triggering it when I dont need it. And also makes sure I dont trigger other Stuff when needing the Heal.

As the only Ships that have Engine Boost, Heal and Smoke the Y Key is almost always the same Too. Because there is just a few Odd cases that have all 3 of these.

The U-Key is usually the Special Ability Key for the Ship. Getting Radar, Hydro and Reload Boosters etc. So I can remember "Special Ability of this Ship" always Y.

And the I-Key is basicly the Leftover gathering which is usually Def AA. Or Second Special Ability like Radar when the Cruiser has Hydro too.

In Majority of cases it requires little Changes. And only Switches out Single Items.

For Example. I have no Idea why BBs usually got Heal on T and Hydro on U while Cruisers then get Hydro on T and Heal on U.

This is something I would have Expected WG to change Years ago cause its basicly a Simple Switch that would Prevent alot of Misclicks....

Now I am just missing the Option of actually having this Set as Priority Setup from the Start so I dont need to Set it Seperately for each Ship.

The origin of consumable order is mostly in which ships get what consumables at what tier.

Im still looking into makng a "perfect" system for myself lol.

But T for heal on bbs is the first thing you get, then Y aircraft, and in rare cases U hydeo. In cruisers you get hydro first on T, then aircraft, then heals only at tier 9

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

See, I've always wanted this feature; for years I was like "wish WG would let us define keys for consumables".

Now we got it. And there's no point in only setting it up for some ships, it has to be all of them to eliminate the possibility of wrong consumables being triggered.

Then I look at the amount of ships in my port and... I'm just too lazy to even begin :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Like others above wrote: Didn't change anything. Plus I never really called for it in the first place. It's a nice addition, but that's it.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,760 posts
17,365 battles

Hi all,

I am still at "default" settings... never seem to find time to finally sort it out... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,300 posts
11,665 battles

I've asked for this change for years, 

but after all those years I guess I'm used to having them default, 

so I can't find the motivation to change them.. :) 

• Cool 1

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles
2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Like others above wrote: Didn't change anything. Plus I never really called for it in the first place. It's a nice addition, but that's it.

^^

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,863 posts
17,947 battles

Almost the same as OP did, e.g. mapped all heals to T for consistency, especially on high level cruisers (or specials like Graf Spee/ARP Takao/Prinz Eugen).

[LA_FR]
Players
207 posts
2,420 battles
Il y a 16 heures, Sunleader a dit :

So Currently.

I use the default too. l already thinking of the option but finally nothing change.

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

I furiously bash all the buttons until something happens (fire goes out, lots of smoke appears,  nice HP bar goes green, guns start firing quicker, etc.)

I did this before you could bind the consumable buttons. 

I still do it now. 

(Sad thing is - half the time I'm not joking).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
3,487 posts
5 hours ago, Gvozdika said:

I furiously bash all the buttons until something happens (fire goes out, lots of smoke appears,  nice HP bar goes green, guns start firing quicker, etc.)

I did this before you could bind the consumable buttons. 

I still do it now. 

(Sad thing is - half the time I'm not joking).

Lol me too nothing more frustrating, and puzzling to everyone when on your DD you smoke up in spawn, oh where was that speed boost again?

Glad it isn't just me then:Smile_veryhappy:

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

I moved the heal to T and "bailout" (smoke) or "agression" (mbrb, radar) consumables  on Y (its on Z position on my layout) on most ships so to have all 3 near most used keys (wasd) an that I need to engage without looking other ones dont matter all that much to me tbh

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles

No change. Option came about 4 years too late despite numerous requests for it, so the default layout has become habit now.

• Cool 1

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles
11 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

No change. Option came about 4 years too late despite numerous requests for it, so the default layout has become habit now.

Makes you wonder how such a basic feature wasn't coded into the games very first UI builds (between builds 5-25). Or at all really.

Shows the lack of standards in the gaming industry really when basic features such as remapping controls aren't even in from the get go nevermind 5 bloody years later.

No wonder some arses thought having save files behind a paywall would be a good idea.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

Have I missed something? Can you now make it so you always have a consumable on the same key? I just checked and for me the consumables are still numbered rather than nominal.

Or is that what this is about?

• Funny 1

[CORNG]
Players
2,096 posts
16,734 battles
6 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

Have I missed something? Can you now make it so you always have a consumable on the same key? I just checked and for me the consumables are still numbered rather than nominal.

Or is that what this is about?

Since 0.9.7 you can change the order of consumables and change the key this way.

[TTT]
1,625 posts
14,901 battles
3 minutes ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

there is a toggle 

reorder.png

thanks!

I never thought I'd see the day when this happened so it must have totally slipped under my radar.

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles

Haven't messed around with it yet.

The one thing I'm thinking of changing is moving smoke to "T" on all ships that have it, simply for quick access when I need a get-out-of-jail-free card. Other consumables aren't necessarily that time critical (although I guess heal can be, in the right circumstances), so I have time to check before triggering them.