Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HansRoaming

Thanks for improving the environment visuals

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[TACHA]
Players
301 posts
5,360 battles

Just wanted to say that with the recent visual improvements WOWS is looking really good and thought I'd say thanks for putting the effort in.

I like weather impacting games too, just adds variety. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,482 posts
245 battles

yeah, the lighting, modelling and visual effects are very on point.

sound design (especially for guns) needs a bit more work, especially with variety as well (something all weegee titles suffer from sadly).

 

dynamic weather systems are always nice too have, help with immersion too.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
10,568 battles

Anything which improves immersion is great with me.  Unfortunately I'm having to run the game on the lowest graphics level to prevent it from freezing and costing me pink points to escape, so much of the improved graphics are wasted on me. :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,482 posts
245 battles
Just now, Tatsfield said:

Anything which improves immersion is great with me.  Unfortunately I'm having to run the game on the lowest graphics level to prevent it from freezing and costing me pink points to escape, so much of the improved graphics are wasted on me. :Smile_sad:

Yeah, that used to be a major problem for me as well. Reminds me of playing with a usb dongole for internet lol. For about 7-8 years lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
1,970 posts
14,749 battles
13 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

yeah, the lighting, modelling and visual effects are very on point.

sound design (especially for guns) needs a bit more work, especially with variety as well (something all weegee titles suffer from sadly).

 

Yes, although if you look closely the lighting isn't so great sometimes. You have certain small objects on ships for example which exist but do not generate any shadows even on max settings. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

 

And yeah sound as well(I play on ultra) could use some updating. Most guns in general could be improved and sounds given more variety. AA gun sounds in particular imo. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,482 posts
245 battles
7 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

 

Yes, although if you look closely the lighting isn't so great sometimes. You have certain small objects on ships for example which exist but do not generate any shadows even on max settings. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If they flicker or are black, probs means they are flipped normals or 'Z fighting' which can cause lighting issues, bad geometry causes that as well. I've looked at weegee shipfu models on sketchfab and there seems to be some bad topology on some of the smoll models as well. Also very time consuming to make all of those lil things (you can see my dreadnought for reference lol).

7 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

 

And yeah sound as well(I play on ultra) could use some updating. Most guns in general could be improved and sounds given more variety. AA gun sounds in particular imo. 

Yeah, vast majority of the sounds are quite flat and also sound very samey-same. So 100mm's sound like 57mms (AA for example) or 152mm's sound like 160mms or 203's sound like 289's etc. 

 

Could be cool if you had an entrance segement that lasts for 10-15 secs like Battlefleet gothic armada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
995 posts

I've always been impressed with the alterations to the graphics of the game but somewhere in the last couple of patches I seem to be having difficulty picking out ships at distace and this has been in games that don't involve playing  through cyclones etc I first noticed it in the Aysymetric battles, Has anything altered to cause this or maybe it's my old eyes , Any thoughts folks ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
272 posts

 

 

 

Yet I can't help but feel like I'm driving an oversized tank on flat terrain. Where are the tides and crashing waves when the weather turns or when a storm is closing in? 

Do we all need RTX  3080 to run it? 

 

source.gif

 

 


 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,439 posts
21,919 battles
2 hours ago, SpartanRenegade said:

Yet I can't help but feel like I'm driving an oversized tank on flat terrain. Where are the tides and crashing waves when the weather turns or when a storm is closing in? 

Do we all need RTX  3080 to run it?

Having to play a real 3d surface would be tough for most of WGs playerbase that doesn't even manage to dodge islands on a pure 2d surface :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×