Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GeroGompos

A "crazy" idea...

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PASOK]
Players
193 posts
2,249 battles

Hello, in the game nowdays there are a lot of players with tier 10 ships who are useless. They are both useless for the team and for themselves. For me skipping ships with free xp is the problem.

Wouldn't be more usefull if the game limited the free xp from tier to tier to be reduced in a 50% percentage?

 

Example: from Richelieu to alsace i need 190.000 xp. To advance i can use the 95.000 free xp and the rest i must grind to earn the xp.

To be a limit to allow you to advance at 50% no matter what tier is for free xp.

 

Hope you understood...

 

Have fun!!!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
710 posts
3,610 battles

WG lives off of this constant need to get better and higher-tiered ships. They literally could not care less that the game is getting flooded with ultra bad players. For every annoyed veteran there are 10 tomatos spawing in who buy tier 9 premiums with only a handful of games under their belt. This will never change. Any rules to restrict players from content in any way is an absolute no-go for the economics of an MMO. Players who want to learn, improve their play, develop skill are the minority here. There are players who are having fun with 40% WR, 200 PR and an average damage in tier 10 that would be suitable for tier 1. Learning-resistance, ignorance and bad sportsmanship are actively promoted and tolerated by WG by allowing for all of this.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
390 posts
5,384 battles

WG never gonna shoot himself in the foot with restricting ways for spending money. All they care about is $$$, not the quality of the playerbase.

 

More bad player = more shorter matches = players get back to the MM queue faster. This is intentional, starting with high tier ships sold in the shop and with matchmaking putting bad players on the same side, or unbalanced teams. Not to mention, shorter matches, more special camo/signal used, which needs to be replaced somehow cough - " shop lootboxes " - cough. WG is totally fine with these things as they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
314 posts
7,431 battles

I rarely complain about abilities in-game, we all potato at times, but I can understand the OP's point of view

In a battle last night we had a Puerto Rico, who headed from the left spawn all the way across to the back of the right spawn and then the back of the map, did little and died as soon as that side collapsed.  His presence on the side he spawned would have helped clear that side just a little quicker and an eventual narrow defeat could have been a win.

The guy has 168 battles in PR out of 440 in total, with awful results, ignoring a very low win rate which can happen in any ship, he has a low avg XP and avg damage of only 21k, he cannot be having fun surely (I know, subjective opinion).  But he has nothing higher than a T6 cruiser in his port other than PR, no other high tier premiums and is obviously inexperienced playing at that level.

WG will continue to sell to whomever, that's just business, but it is frustrating when it impacts on others gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I know some will say that people have been complaining about the player base getting worse since the game launched, but.. I recall a time when seeing someone with below 40% WR was a rarity. I see them multiple times per day now. WG still laughing all the way to the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,622 posts
9,692 battles
41 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I know some will say that people have been complaining about the player base getting worse since the game launched,

 

I wonder when we will reach a point when it cant get worse anymore? I assume when all 11 teammates immediately run into a corner, then we have hit rock bottom.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

 

I wonder when we will reach a point when it cant get worse anymore? I assume when all 11 teammates immediately run into a corner, then we have hit rock bottom.

 

I have seen this happen. When it starts to happen regularly is when uninstall becomes the only option.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
1,589 posts
7,701 battles
3 hours ago, GeroGompos said:

Hello, in the game nowdays there are a lot of players with tier 10 ships who are useless. They are both useless for the team and for themselves. For me skipping ships with free xp is the problem.

Wouldn't be more usefull if the game limited the free xp from tier to tier to be reduced in a 50% percentage?

 

Example: from Richelieu to alsace i need 190.000 xp. To advance i can use the 95.000 free xp and the rest i must grind to earn the xp.

To be a limit to allow you to advance at 50% no matter what tier is for free xp.

 

Hope you understood...

 

Have fun!!!

It would also affect skilled players, but why not

 

Bigger problem tho is high tier premium ships, noob players with 65 battles of game experience in a tier 9 ?

Pommern, Ägir, Azuma, Friesland, Alaska and Georgia can all be bought (not to mention a :etc_swear:load of tier 8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-MCD-]
Players
55 posts
9,191 battles

i agree with others in this thread, that WG would never change the mechanics of acquiring high tier ships with fxp. But for another reason that hasnt been mentioned. Resetting lines and research bureau. they operate completely on the idea of resetting entire lines and then buying them back with credits and fxp. The whole point of the exercise was to find ways to allow long term players and whales to spend their huge amounts of both. keep them interested in the game and spending money.

 

so im with others in the community of desiring a skill based MM instead of limiting access to higher tiers. Hell Id love both but while neither have a chance of being implemented by WG, i think theres slightly more chance of skill based MM as it doesnt directly effect WGs income generation.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PASOK]
Players
193 posts
2,249 battles
4 hours ago, K82J said:

WG never gonna shoot himself in the foot with restricting ways for spending money. All they care about is $$$, not the quality of the playerbase.

 

They will not, that's for sure. They have a million and one ways to gain income. I made this suggestion to make gameplay a little better from what is nowdays. This and more reasonable matchmaking along with tier gap reduced to -/+ 1 will boost the gameplay to the better.

More happy players more $$$ to their pockets......

 

my 2 cents....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOWH]
Players
860 posts
6,026 battles

restricting player access is never going to fly.

developing the game so there are more ways to have fun benefits everyone.

having more reason to have fun at mid tier, where its less campy and much more flexible would do that.

 

path of least resistance to fun will take care of the rest.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
390 posts
5,384 battles
30 minutes ago, GeroGompos said:

They will not, that's for sure. They have a million and one ways to gain income. I made this suggestion to make gameplay a little better from what is nowdays. This and more reasonable matchmaking along with tier gap reduced to -/+ 1 will boost the gameplay to the better.

More happy players more $$$ to their pockets......

 

my 2 cents....

Honestly, i cannot follow WG's marketing strategy. I understand they are after the fastt money, but what is better :

 

A, a player with 50 coop battle buying a T9, spending like 100 usd, gets nuked a few times, then leaves and talks utterly bad about this game and about WG

 

B, a player gets hooked, buying ships, dubloons, premium time for years to come.

 

I convinced 3 person so far to try this out ( they dont mind to spend on games, and i mean in 100 USD category in a month ), but after they got greeted by double CV sealclubbers in lower tiers, they all quit after a few dozen random battles. Not even thinking about to spend a single cent.

 

When i started, i didnt mind to pay for this up to 40-50 USD a month. These days, i even think about paying 10 usd here for a 30 day premium. And i dont mind on spending games, but most of my money now goes elsewhere.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,470 posts
30 minutes ago, K82J said:

Honestly, i cannot follow WG's marketing strategy. I understand they are after the fastt money, but what is better :

 

A, a player with 50 coop battle buying a T9, spending like 100 usd, gets nuked a few times, then leaves and talks utterly bad about this game and about WG

 

B, a player gets hooked, buying ships, dubloons, premium time for years to come.

 

I convinced 3 person so far to try this out ( they dont mind to spend on games, and i mean in 100 USD category in a month ), but after they got greeted by double CV sealclubbers in lower tiers, they all quit after a few dozen random battles. Not even thinking about to spend a single cent.

 

When i started, i didnt mind to pay for this up to 40-50 USD a month. These days, i even think about paying 10 usd here for a 30 day premium. And i dont mind on spending games, but most of my money now goes elsewhere.

I fell into the B category, back when I began the game and whilst my stats are an utter cowpat, a player in WoT's encouraged me to set up and alt account, this was just over a year ago, two accounts, same player, one trash stats, the other a healthy 50%, I'm happy with that.

I cannot see player limitations working, but then selling premium tier 9 ships don't help much either.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,392 posts
21,804 battles
8 hours ago, GeroGompos said:

Have fun!!!

The game is - for many peoples - to reach "The Endgame", or "The Elite Level" or just "T10"

Which is the reason, why sooner or later every potatoe and his/her uncle/aunt will end up there, even with a 30% winrate and no knowledge about how the game.

Contrary to that, at the medium tiers you'll meet quite a few experienced players and - of course - some potatoes, but at least in a meta that isn't about passive play as in high tier.

So the medium game tiers is where the fun is in this game.

At least for me.

Experiences may differ.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
106 posts

Agree completely,  something needs to change.

I've had a premium account for 5 years, until recently. Having allowed my premium account to run out, I don't intend to purchase anymore doubloons either.

I continue to play for now, there has never been an incentive for team play and the more powerful ships now just play solo. Between so many solo warriors and those who have levelled up so fast that they have no understanding of the game, frankly it is becoming tedious to play.

T10 is a kindergarten, T9 and T8 aren't much better. I have no doubt there will be disagreement to what is being said in some threads, but that is irrelevant to how the game plays. WG are making money from a lack of skills at the higher tiers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Moderator
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

Just dropping in, as I do in these threads, to point out that the people complaining about other players often fall into the category they are complaining about. This is the 3rd or the 4th of these threads where I see this.

 

In this very thread we have multiple people with below 50% WR at t10 complaining about their teams (I won't point fingers cause I don't want to stat shame but their stats are public).

It's absurd. It means that either some of the people in this thread are complaining about themselves or they attribute their results to factors other than themselves.

 

Lastly, the difference between a 48% WR player and a 51% WR player isn't really as great as some people might think.

 

I would urge everyone who thinks their results are their teammates' fault to take a long hard look at their own performance before complaining about anyone else.

Also consider that some of the people who you might consider to be less skilled don't even know they are not playing well. They are no different to some of the people in this very thread.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,550 posts
20,712 battles
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I wonder when we will reach a point when it cant get worse anymore? I assume when all 11 teammates immediately run into a corner, then we have hit rock bottom.

 

I once thought we hit rock bottom ~3 years ago.

BOY was I wrong.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,392 posts
21,804 battles
49 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

In this very thread we have multiple people with below 50% WR at t10 complaining about their teams (I won't point fingers cause I don't want to stat shame but their stats are public).

It's absurd. It means that either some of the people in this thread are complaining about themselves or they attribute their results to factors other than themselves.

As an average player I can assure You, that teams make a large difference on personal stats.

I might be able to carry a sack of potatoes on mediums tiers sometimes... but with non-unicorn skill it's not possible to carry a sack of potatoes alone as a solo player on T10.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,733 posts
8,955 battles
1 hour ago, _Teob_ said:

Just dropping in, as I do in these threads, to point out that the people complaining about other players often fall into the category they are complaining about. This is the 3rd or the 4th of these threads where I see this.

 

In this very thread we have multiple people with below 50% WR at t10 complaining about their teams (I won't point fingers cause I don't want to stat shame but their stats are public).

It's absurd. It means that either some of the people in this thread are complaining about themselves or they attribute their results to factors other than themselves.

 

Lastly, the difference between a 48% WR player and a 51% WR player isn't really as great as some people might think.

 

I would urge everyone who thinks their results are their teammates' fault to take a long hard look at their own performance before complaining about anyone else.

Also consider that some of the people who you might consider to be less skilled don't even know they are not playing well. They are no different to some of the people in this very thread.

 

Never tought I.d read that from a usually calm and lenient person like you xD

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Moderator
1,625 posts
14,901 battles
4 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

As an average player I can assure You, that teams make a large difference on personal stats.

I might be able to carry a sack of potatoes on mediums tiers sometimes... but with non-unicorn skill it's not possible to carry a sack of potatoes alone as a solo player on T10.

 

 

 

That is not entirely accurate.

Teams do not make a difference on your personal stats. Or rather they do as much of a difference for you as they do for me or for anyone else so their influence cancels itself out.

Over enough games you will get as many terrible teams as you will get amazing teams.

 

The only constant in this game is you.

Do you think that someone with better stats than you simply gets better teams? They are just that lucky that they get better teams constantly? The answer is obviously no.

 

And this makes the premise of this thread wrong. 

Let's assume for a second, that everyone would suddenly player better. That would not change your WR. You wouldn't get carried by your teams more often because enemy team would also be better. The overall balance would stay the same.

We could argue whether or not the game would be more enjoyable but that's a different discussion.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Moderator
1,625 posts
14,901 battles
11 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

 

Never tought I.d read that from a usually calm and lenient person like you xD

 

Look, all I am trying to do is move people away from this "blame others" mindset. It's a source of endless toxicity. Both here and in-game.

I had it too. For a long time. Then I joined TTT and the people there who were miles better than me never looked at other players. 

Sure they would comment when their teams played poorly. But they immediately then blamed themselves for not playing well enough so that it would be impossible for their team to throw.

 

That's genuinely a much more constructive way of doing things. And it also happens to be the only way in which anyone can improve their WR (other than playing in divisions).

 

I have never hidden the fact that the one privilege my stats give me is that I can speak up and nobody can say I don't know what I am talking about. I am trying to use that to improve our community. It's also why I always offer my help to anyone interested in learning. Coaching the way I do it usually costs a fair bit of money in other games but I do it for free specifically because I received it for free myself.

Also I have fun seeing people improve. It obviously has a selfish component too.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,392 posts
21,804 battles
12 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

Over enough games you will get as many terrible teams as you will get amazing teams.

Ah, so mean statistically they don't have an influence on my stats...

'Cause half they time I get quite nice teams, which often carry me to a win after I f*cked up... so if I would get teams like that all the time, my stats would greatly better...

And yes, even statistically it's possible for one player to get potato teams more often than the average, which, of course, would then have an impact on his stats.

 

That's the fun with statistics - they have no meaning for a single person, only for a large group of persons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Moderator
1,625 posts
14,901 battles
3 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Ah, so mean statistically they don't have an influence on my stats...

'Cause half they time I get quite nice teams, which often carry me to a win after I f*cked up... so if I would get teams like that all the time, my stats would greatly better...

And yes, even statistically it's possible for one player to get potato teams more often than the average, which, of course, would then have an impact on his stats.

 

That's the fun with statistics - they have no meaning for a single person, only for a large group of persons...

 

I am not sure I understand what you're saying.

If you'd get nothing but great teams then your WR would shoot through the roof, yeah - but the chance of that happening are as slim as you getting nothing but terrible teams. That was my whole point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,392 posts
21,804 battles
48 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

 

I am not sure I understand what you're saying.

If you'd get nothing but great teams then your WR would shoot through the roof, yeah - but the chance of that happening are as slim as you getting nothing but terrible teams. That was my whole point.

 

 

But one can actively adjust the chance to get a good team... simply by play in a division (with good players possiblity of course). And even divisioning with unicorns probably even my average skill will get enhanced by the team I they play in to influence my winrate positively... which would impossible by your argumentation.

 

Conclusion: there are situations where the team you play in has an influence one your stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×