Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

KOTS tournament

15 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,591 posts

Hello,

No this is not a thread about KOTS containers / KOTS drops.

I was watching some KOTS yesterday and I was thinking.

The KOTS live stream is well organized, you have six people in "studio" and two live commentators.

But the whole content outside stream is outdated and poorly presented.

I couldn't find any fresh results either on launcher or portal. If I google I find outdated content or older KOTS tournaments.

The most "fresh" results are posted in Flamu's tweeter post.

235089318_2020-10-1109_51_17-Flamu(@flamuchz)_Twitter.thumb.jpg.4c95f4bc7406f7c1098749d51709d99f.jpg

Am I missing something? Is there an updated KOTS webpage?

Also I think you should expose players more. After all they are not just a placeholder in some clan, they are real people who put effort into the tournament.

Where are the roosters? I heard there was a guy who scored a KRAKEN in the tournament. Why don't you analyze players too, like they do it in other game tournaments. People playing some games are stars and they care about their reputation.

Every second announcement is about KOTS containers. I get it. People want free stuff .... but making a more detailed, more exposed tournament (that basically is the biggest WoWS tourny) would make sense.

Just a thought ... spoke to some people in discord and they have similar feelings that KOTS should be advertised and presented in more detailed manner.

Anyways ... thumbs up to all involved in the tournament. Players, organizers, commenters and in the end WG who hosts this.

@MrConway @Crysantos

447564857_2020-10-1109_27_28-Wargaming.netGameCenter.thumb.jpg.b86b5f640dc18efaeee8df22ea56cb15.jpg

1606017759_2020-10-1109_28_46-KingoftheSeaXI_Inter-RegionalFinals_WorldofWarships.thumb.jpg.35a148b76839373097f90628384193bb.jpg

• Cool 13

Players
316 posts
7,552 battles

KOTS is a community competition and not run, just supported by WG.

This means it does take a lot of work and time behind the scenes just to run the tournament which is free time given up by individuals and they do some fantastic work.

In saying that, an independent website with updated results, summaries and a little detail would be a brilliant addition and add to the whole KOTS experience. 

I've done similar things before, maybe it's time I, with sadly plenty of time on my hands, thanks Covid, or someone else with experience volunteered to help out with that. 

• Cool 4

Players
7,460 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

KOTS is a community competition and not run, just supported by WG.

This means it does take a lot of work and time behind the scenes just to run the tournament which is free time given up by individuals and they do some fantastic work.

In saying that, an independent website with updated results, summaries and a little detail would be a brilliant addition and add to the whole KOTS experience. 

I've done similar things before, maybe it's time I, with sadly plenty of time on my hands, thanks Covid, or someone else with experience volunteered to help out with that. 

You could, if your good at coding and web design could get some recognition for it.

Plus we can spam your name whenever someone mentions the results lol.

Either way up to you (sound like im bloody wargaming themselves lol).

• Funny 1

[TACHA]
Players
301 posts
5,320 battles

Excellent comments and this is really exciting stuff to watch, maybe a WOWs page for the results would be an idea.

Thanks to everyone organising, commentating and taking part in this, really appreciate it.

• Cool 2

Players
7,460 posts
245 battles

For colour schemes we could go with maybe brighter tones, using a similar colour palette war gaming uses. So it makes it familiar but different at the same time.

Drop down menus as well or maybe a hamburger menu displaying seasons, overall stats (which can be edited down to display very precise amounts), a few animations as well to make it a bit more interactive.

Maybe a log-in feature as well if needed and a better displayed tournament ladder (i prefer top-down rather than left-right easier for me to read, but i guess you could have that as an option for both parties).

• Cool 2

Players
7,460 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

patience wins over yolo, oh well

I have to admit i watched flamu's commentary and it was very good, actually watched the full 20mins of it. Apparently a bit of controversy with VOR due to them having some EU players, but in the match i just watched they were close but not close enough.

if AW had a tourny system i would watch it for the absolute spazfest it would be lol.

(lil buggies screeching around the corner with missiles only to get blapped by some fat MBT's and bush humping TD's at the back).

• Cool 1

Players
3,029 posts

You can't smoke push against radar. Good Lord. It was pretty disappointing. Especially seeing that Somers stay near the other ships as if there was a CV in game and not switching it up. I was not entertained a lot but it was funny haha :)

• Cool 1

Players
7,460 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

You can't smoke push against radar. Good Lord. It was pretty disappointing. Especially seeing that Somers stay near the other ships as if there was a CV in game and not switching it up. I was not entertained a lot but it was funny haha :)

Oh what game was that? The game i had only smallands, kleber and a maceru for DD's BB's were montanas vs ohios. That one was a lot more active and had some pretty aggressive pushes and play styles and some very luck RNG lol.

I wonder if smoll counter radar would help with miss smoke not getting deleted at all?

Although probs a very bad idea idk. Still have hydro i guess (could make Z-52 that much more important).

Players
3,029 posts
16 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Oh what game was that? The game i had only smallands, kleber and a maceru for DD's BB's were montanas vs ohios. That one was a lot more active and had some pretty aggressive pushes and play styles and some very luck RNG lol.

I wonder if smoll counter radar would help with miss smoke not getting deleted at all?

Although probs a very bad idea idk. Still have hydro i guess (could make Z-52 that much more important).

semi final Smile against Twa I think. Lost both games trying same tactic very easy (2nd game I think they had one or no kills?). They used yueyang?  and a Somers both failed. Committed a ton of cruisers (3 + a Republique) to the slow push. It wasn't working. And they were left paralyzed as the other team knew where their dd was roughly kept all their guns trained there and waited for the radar counter to restart to fire at it again. 2-3 radars later dd was ded. I felt sorry for that somers since it could have pushed them on it's own using the blob of ships as a huge decoy. They have some great players but whoever came up with the tactic should be shot lol :D

• Cool 1

Players
7,460 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

semi final Smile against Twa I think. Lost both games trying same tactic very easy (2nd game I think they had one or no kills?). They used yueyang?  and a Somers both failed. Committed a ton of cruisers (3 + a Republique) to the slow push. It wasn't working. And they were left paralyzed as the other team knew where their dd was roughly kept all their guns trained there and waited for the radar counter to restart to fire at it again. 2-3 radars later dd was ded. I felt sorry for that somers since it could have pushed them on it's own using the blob of ships as a huge decoy. They have some great players but whoever came up with the tactic should be shot lol :D

Ahh r.i.p smoll dd. That does sound very questionable doe.

Guess they thought they were being clever and it worked against them or something.

• Cool 1

Players
3,029 posts
Just now, CptBarney said:

Ahh r.i.p smoll dd. That does sound very questionable doe.

Guess they thought they were being clever and it worked against them or something.

Yea. Rip :/

They tried first game to push cap and they got countered. Next they committed more ships and they capped but then they got countered again as the enemy took position outside the cap and just waited for the radars to light them up. Being all tacked together they didn't need rng as even if you missed one ship you got the one next to it :) One smoke is too smol for 5 ships to sneak into :O I think everyone knew they lost since start but politely pretended they had chance :)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,591 posts

930559001_2020-10-1120_55_26-FlamuonTwitter__KotSInternationalfinalstandings1.BANCV(EU)2.VOR(SEA).jpg.79b9a08e0008b353f87c73ffd45d2a01.jpg

Congratulations to the winners, all participants and hosts for well executed tournament.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this