Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
neorvo

Reseting a Tech Line: What happen with the accumulated experience ?

8 comments in this topic

Question

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,158 battles

I am just thinking to reset my French DD line. I had unlooked the Kléber. I can not buy them now (I miss 14 M credits ...) . The 2X Research Bureau is available/unlocked, and I can reset without buying Kléber (It seems it is not requered to buy it before). When we reset, all ships are sold, then (I guess half value) such us, if I will not play the Kléber now, it could be a good idea resetting now. I never reset one teach line and my question is about the Ship experience accumulate in my silver DD French line. What happens with that, it is lost, or converted in Free XP? I have around 40 K there, and in that case, I would like to pay the conversion before.

Any help?

Perhaps this question was asked previously, but I found cumbersome to find in the "search" of the forum this question. I searched using "research"  "bureau" etc, without success.

Thanks for reading this.

7 answers to this question

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,158 battles
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The points go back to the Tier I tech ship.

Thanks Pete !

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,742 posts
14,306 battles

All of the exp accumulated on the silver ships is transfered to the tier 1 ship of that nation.

Full details on the specifics in the official article;
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,158 battles
On 10/10/2020 at 2:04 PM, ColonelPete said:

The points go back to the Tier I tech ship.

On 10/10/2020 at 2:25 PM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

All of the exp accumulated on the silver ships is transfered to the tier 1 ship of that nation.

Full details on the specifics in the official article;
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

I did the reset but I don't see my 40K exp returning to the Tier I  before buying it

Look::cap_fainting:

8jKjLRr.png

but after buying the Bouganville  for free ....

c2lJUre.png

uhffff I found my 40K experience again there .... :cap_like:

In the link given by Astolfo there are two phrases saying...

"A branch that’s reset will be completely rolled back to the Tier I ship. "

"When a branch is reset, any research performed on it will be reversed ..."

but is not clear saying that research will appear in the Tier I ship.

Thanks for your tips. If not were by your tips, I didn't take step. Now I will see how this reset works by playing Co-ops... :Smile_sceptic:

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,742 posts
14,306 battles
  • A branch that’s reset will be completely rolled back to the Tier I ship.

This part just describes that all of the ships except the Tier 1 ship will need to be researched again.

• When a branch is reset, any research performed on it will be reversed, and the ships and modules will be sold for half their cost.

This part describes how all of the research done on each individual ship is also undone, so the module research such as upgrades hulls and FCS must also be researched again.

• Upgrades will be demounted free of charge and transferred to your Inventory, Commanders will be sent to the Reserve without losing their specialization, and all XP earned will be transferred to the first ship of the branch.

And this part explains what happens to other things related to the reset. Upgrades on ships are sent to your inventory, Commanders on ships are sent to the reserve and XP on ships is sent to the tier 1.

Thus, why my Erie has almost 2m exp on it.

image.png.a183f32e16aa8b4f94910692ba676b0b.png

[SINT]
Players
1,008 posts
22,240 battles

Well the benefit of xp transferring to the Tier 1 atleast makes the research towards the Tier2 easy...:Smile_veryhappy:

Resetting is more a credit then FXP grind since you get refunded at 50% but have to rebuy ships for full prize:cap_money:

Players
1,821 posts
12,001 battles
6 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Resetting is more a credit then FXP grind since you get refunded at 50% but have to rebuy ships for full prize:cap_money:

That was the initial intent of the RB, a credit sink to get rare ships for the old-school player with billions of credits. Then, for whatever ducked up reason, WG decided to shove it down everyone's throat by putting legendary upgrades there. Not only do players have to grind this now, if they don't want to fall behind, it is also only possible if you have already 5 lines researched to tier 10. For casual players is this usually not doable unless they pump A LOT of money into the game - and this is exactly the reason why WG did it.

Sign in to follow this