You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

KOTS T7 reward container, delaying your completion on purpose strategy

31 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
995 posts
22,129 battles

This weekend we can receive our 16 th KOTS container needed to complete our collection and thus receive the random T7 reward container. Since you receive an item that is most likely a duplicate you will need to buy the missing item on a one for one basis.

But this leads to the possibility to time the moment you receive that T7 crate. Assuming that WG updates the possible drops from that container when semi new released premiums get added to the possible drops you might / might not want to hold on the moment when you make the gamble. 

We have some new T7’s recently released that probably might not yet be included in the current drop. Looking at München and Florida. Strassbourg might be added in the period between now and the next KOTS. As maybe the “ coal” Flint.

Currently I only have Poltava and California as options bit I might fancy Florida or Strassbourg more. Flint will be bought before by coal if only for the reason that it will be liquidated from the pool. But I can also end up with München which is from a mere doubloon value less inspiring.

Wonder if other players are trying to min max their free ship.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,622 posts
9,707 battles
1 minute ago, Jvd2000 said:

Wonder if other players are trying to min max their free ship. 

Kinda. I bought Blyska for Coal recently to not get it in the KOTS container.

Apart from that im missing too many premiums, so i dont think ill wait to open it. Already have like 10 potential candidates.

Players
1,935 posts
3,674 battles
Proprio ora, DFens_666 ha scritto:

i dont think ill wait to open it.

also because the reward is already chosen when you get the container (this works for every container)

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
995 posts
22,129 battles
4 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

also because the reward is already chosen when you get the container (this works for every container)

But you can delay receiving the container. Don’t finish the collection by not using duplicate collection items to buy the required missing ones..

• Cool 5

Players
1,935 posts
3,674 battles
Proprio ora, Jvd2000 ha scritto:

But you can delay receiving the container. Don’t finish the collection by not using duplicate collection items to buy the required missing ones..

True and i agree

[NWP]
Players
3,100 posts
17,361 battles

I hardly have any tier VII premiums and I don't intend to spend any money on WG games.

So I'll just open it at once

Players
1,764 posts
11,855 battles

I already know that i will get the for me worst possible ship, just like from supercontainer so far (Krasny Krym, Dunkerque, Anshan). There is actually only 2 or 3 tier 7 ships that i would actually play every once in a while and everything else will just occupy a port slot and rot away.

Players
192 posts

i have almost all of them afaik ... missing just california, mynchen and nelson ... dont like any of those particularly ...

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,720 battles
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

I think I miss California, Yudachi and Poltava, but don t really need or like any of them, so I ll do the same. I would like Munchen or Strassbourg. 

[BASIC]
Players
680 posts
21,042 battles

My possibilites are: California, Atlanta, Boise or Poltava. Just bought z-something from the armory to exclude the cheapest option to get from container.

We shall see

Players
1,121 posts
12,785 battles
5 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Stream starts in less than 10 minutes.

absolute hero, i mean i knew this but you're a good chap for throwing it on the forum

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
243 posts
8,350 battles

The only ship I don't want from the box is California. Hood, Lazo and Haida would the ones I'd prefer and all the rest (Atlanta, Boise, Nueve, Poltava, Leningrad, Yuudachi, Abruzzi, Ashitaka and Sims) are ships that, while I wouldn't otherwise care about, am completely fine receiving.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Since I don't care for anything particular AND it'll take me at least two additional KotS to finish the collection (if at all): Will be opened as soon as it arrives.

Players
4,051 posts
5,421 battles

Im done for this season of KOTS, got all containers I could and im on 8 of 16 items in Collection. I hope this event will return at some point during 2021. so some of us can finish this collection.

Players
1,121 posts
12,785 battles
39 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Im done for this season of KOTS, got all containers I could and im on 8 of 16 items in Collection. I hope this event will return at some point during 2021. so some of us can finish this collection.

You missed all 8 from previous season. What will likely happen is a new collection will come in for next two KOTS seasons. 

2 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Top pick:

Belfast (really?)

Second: Munchen or Yudachi i guess

Would approve:

Z-39

Would not like

Sims, since i have a sims B

I got the Z-39 :)

• Cool 1

Players
1,764 posts
11,855 battles
44 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

It's a reoccurring event and you can finish the collection next KotS - was confirmed by WG on stream earlier today.

• Cool 2

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,015 battles

Once I finish the collection (if that ever happens) I'd just open the container when I receive the reward for finishing that collection (which is right after I get it).

What ship you get is going to be a crap shoot anyway.

Players
2,366 posts
32,043 battles

Code: KINGSOFTHESEAS

Code works when entered but i didn't get anything out of it. 

EDIT: Received the container after half an hour.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
49 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

What will likely happen is a new collection will come in for next two KOTS seasons. 

Ah well ... if so, then I'm stuck with a half finished collection.

And to be honest. That bothers more than any missed premium :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1