Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

WHY don't they just sell more expendable camos?!

16 comments in this topic

Players
2,804 posts
21,868 battles

Seriously guys, it is a no-brainer.

Hello? WG? Do you like free money?

Gamers are suckers for cosmetics.

An avid resister against the CV rework, I'm completely objected to giving WG any kind of money AT ALL but if they sold Shadow Lurkers and Summer camos, even I would get weak.

I can understand there is a need to reserve some of them for other kinds of incentive, not the least since playing time spent on their servers by F2P players is exactly as important to their business model as selling pixels.

But come on.

All you get in the Armory - and not even for money but for hard-earned coal - are six very dated expendable ones, one of which at least gives a lot of extra credits but most of which look ghastly. Especially the puke-coloured Frosty Fir Tree. And the big collection sold in the premium store is way too expensive since it is filled with filler you don't want, much like "bundled" options when buying cars and such.

(The other option would be to give players a choice of camo when winning them in in-game events, Supercontainers etc. I mean it is the year 2020 after all.)

Summer.jpg

• Cool 6

[I-J-N]
Players
5,679 posts

Er... TBH most camos look like something I wouldn't pay for... sure I take them free if given out, but even then I mostly prefer to use only the least offending ones apart from particular missions and particular bonuses. For the most part, I'd prefer to run 'naked' as it were....

[JRM]
Players
7,199 posts
6 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Er... TBH most camos look like something I wouldn't pay for... sure I take them free if given out, but even then I mostly prefer to use only the least offending ones apart from particular missions and particular bonuses. For the most part, I'd prefer to run 'naked' as it were....

There is a mod in Modstation allowing you to turn off the display of camos... ^^

• Cool 2

Players
1,285 posts
7,109 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

There is a mod in Modstation allowing you to turn off the display of camos... ^^

But AFAIK you can't choose which to turn off. It's either nothing or everything. I think most camo's look hideous, but there are some very nice exceptions.

Not a fan of the looks of the summer camo, but I do like MS 21 and For Meritous Service. I do support this idea, and am surprised it isn't a thing yet.

• Cool 1

Players
2,804 posts
21,868 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Robber_Baron sagte:

Not a fan of the looks of the summer camo,

Well, for me it's a case of "so ugly it's cute again". That Jimmy Buffett Floriduh vibe.... it would fit in perfectly with dastardly plans like running SE on a Hindenburg to lure others into thinking your a complete slacker moron. That kind of thing.

Anyway the only thing keeping me from doing that kind of thing is I only got five of them and no way of getting more.

Adding to the mystery is that WG have totally figured out that crap in World of Tanks, where camos don't even give a (huge) performance benefit but instead, players have a wide range of options to customize them for themselves.

And they pay through their noses.

[PUPSI]
Players
804 posts
2,665 battles

I agree, it does seem odd. Selling camos fits the pay to progress faster model perfectly, and having more flexibility than the huge, expensive set currently in the shop seems to make sense.

10 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

(The other option would be to give players a choice of camo when winning them in in-game events, Supercontainers etc. I mean it is the year 2020 after all.)

They kinda do to an extent, as with the current event where you have three camo schemes you can spend tokens on. But it could be expanded.

As I said recently on the suggestions thread, I would welcome being allowed to spend credits or even a small amount of coal to exchange camos for others that give the same bonuses. E.g. I strongly dislike the Union Jack camo and would happily spend in-game currency to make my stack of it Eagles or French Riviera patterns. And that's just one example. I get a ship that looks nice, WG gets a credit/coal sink, and everyone is happy.

Weekend Tester
859 posts
10,127 battles

I think WG should allow players to swap cammos like for like - ie get rid of themed cammos by exchanging them for conventional cammos that have the same bonuses.

I still have 700+ Halloween 2017(?) left, despite even wasting them in co-op. I can't stand the sight of them.

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,196 battles
11 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

yeah but a lot of clans would go and buy the same camos if there were decent ones for sale in the armory not just ugly crap, it looks nice if all people wear the same uniform

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,679 posts
3 hours ago, Robber_Baron said:

But AFAIK you can't choose which to turn off. It's either nothing or everything. I think most camo's look hideous, but there are some very nice exceptions.

Not a fan of the looks of the summer camo, but I do like MS 21 and For Meritous Service. I do support this idea, and am surprised it isn't a thing yet.

For Meritorious Service, I think it is the warship grey one, right? Looks cool as **** in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, kfa said:

yeah but a lot of clans would go and buy the same camos if there were decent ones for sale in the armory not just ugly crap, it looks nice if all people wear the same uniform

Most warships would be uniform.... grey. I'd prefer clan flags and emblems to Barnum & Bailey camos....

[ALONE]
Modder
2,261 posts
13,989 battles

For turning all camos into "Meritorious Service" I can hint you to my "Great White Fleet"-mod:

There are also lots of different historical/unique camos from talented modders there, I can only recommend to take a look if there is something of your taste. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

I would prefer the idea of using my more "authentic" looking WW1/2 permacamos but attaching the vastly increased bonuses from the many awful looking "single use" camo's I have instead.

I'd also like to be able to have the option, at least, to buy single use camos for cash/doubloons in the shop/armoury but I understand that WG want to give the appearance of not being "pay to win" by giving wealthy people the opportunity to gain more XP/FXP/CaptainXP through monetary means.

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Players
804 posts
2,665 battles
2 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I understand that WG want to give the appearance of not being "pay to win" by giving wealthy people the opportunity to gain more XP/FXP/CaptainXP through monetary means.

But they are in the business of pay to progress faster, which is what the economic bonuses give – as opposed to any advantage in terms of actually winning...

• Cool 2

[HAMAR]
Players
484 posts

Wargaming should make NO CV Camo

No CV games when you put this camo on the ship.

I would be interested in buying camo like that :cap_money::cap_money:

Or your AA is doing something Camo . That would be nice too. :Smile_smile:

But seriously I would like to have camo that buffs AA.  And why not, it is more obvious than the Buff AA flag.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
7,199 posts
27 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

Wargaming should make NO CV Camo

No CV games when you put this camo on the ship.

I would be interested in buying camo like that :cap_money::cap_money:

Or your AA is doing something Camo . That would be nice too. :Smile_smile:

But seriously I would like to have camo that buffs AA.  

What if I put the NO CV  camo on a CV though? :cap_hmm:

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,871 battles
20 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

What if I put the NO CV  camo on a CV though? :cap_hmm:

You get kicked to Training room, alone. 

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,015 battles

Selling certain ship camos would likely earn WG some money so that is a monetizing idea.

However, it all depends on the camo benefits. Some are useful, others less so.

Hence, I doubt WG will sell camos when the inducement to get them is to play & WG wants players to play.

Personally, I will never buy camos since I refuse, like you, FixCVs_Nautical Metaphor, to give WG money since their institution of the FARCE CV Rework.

I simply spend coal to obtain the camos I want - normally, for me, just the School Bus yellow camo (for Cpt exp boost).

I don't really need more credits as those accumulate so I end up with a lot of spare camos in my inventory - I suppose, some day, I may sell some of them for credits.

As to anyone who thinks any of these camos are ugly (not many are really that ugly) well, don't whine about that - just sell them if you can't stand to look at them.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this