You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Paolo Emilio owners: are you happy?

49 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
7,223 posts

She is ok but I dont have time to play her all that much with other stuff I am doing ATM

[SHAD]
Players
3,299 posts
13,505 battles

I'm also on the fence, trying to decide whether to get this or Slava.

Paolo Emilio looks more fun.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I'm not on the fence at all, when I get enough RP I'm pulling the trigger, rather have this than another sniping BB that is the Slava, I already own the Ohio, and have no interest in Colbert. Siegfried is potentially interesting but not interesting enough for me to spend RP on, at least not yet, while Paolo Emilio seems like a really fun DD with an original, fresh play style.

Beta Tester
3,494 posts
16,026 battles

I have Ohio, Siegfried and Slava. 

Slava is actually the one I would pick if I could only keep one of them. But accuracy, ballistics and penetration are very important for me when it comes to BB guns. 

• Cool 1

Players
149 posts
18,140 battles

I am also considering this DD. I have the Colbert already, but I am utterly terrible in it . I got 63k RP ready, so it would be Slava or this DD , or Ohio ...  Damn.. so many difficult choices 

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles

If you are considering a choice between Slava and something, pick the other ship. The Slava is a ship that essentially needs the enemy to feed you citadels. The wariness people have around Slavas in combination with her awful close ranged performance makes her thoroughly unpleasant to play.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
3,494 posts
16,026 battles
20 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

The Slava is a ship that essentially needs the enemy to feed you citadels.

Same can be said about Stalingrad. 

Slava is a situational ship, but for people who are really into railguns, it's fun.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,425 posts
14,944 battles

I'm interested to hear people's views on this too: although I haven't look too closely, Paolo Emilio looks like it might be a bit of an acquired taste for me - am I correct that it can be spotted from the moon? So far, my least favourite DDs (at least for PvP) have been the ones with poor concealment...

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Same can be said about Stalingrad. 

Slava is a situational ship, but for people who are really into railguns, it's fun.

Not really. Stalingrad is a radar platform with a strong deck armor that allows her to remain in important map positions and she can still deal significant damage without needing to lean on citadel hits whilst also being a good brawler as her incredible precision allows her to disable enemy guns and her improved ricochet angles allows her to slip in citadel hits that would normally not be able to get in. Slava is a ship that is eclipsed in DPM by all of the tier X battleships, has one of the worst survivability of her tier peers, and can't function effectively at close ranges. She's good at longer ranges, but her turret rotation isn't fast enough to snap shots when people give you broadsides and people are inherently very cautious around Slavas which can't be said about the Stalingrad. I have fun with my rail guns, and Stalingrad is just far better on the balance.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
7,223 posts
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I'm interested to hear people's views on this too: although I haven't look too closely, Paolo Emilio looks like it might be a bit of an acquired taste for me - am I correct that it can be spotted from the moon? So far, my least favourite DDs (at least for PvP) have been the ones with poor concealment...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.c8556333fa2ab5ca24eac61e519501af.jpg

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,236 posts
28,620 battles

Very happy with it.

Beside hillarious YOLO smoke runs, it can also function as an underpowered "hit and run" gunboat.

Much more versatile than Slava (I have them both)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,494 posts
16,026 battles
8 hours ago, dasCKD said:

She's good at longer ranges, but her turret rotation isn't fast enough to snap shots when people give you broadsides and people are inherently very cautious around Slavas which can't be said about the Stalingrad. I have fun with my rail guns, and Stalingrad is just far better on the balance.

Did you not have Stalingrad on day one? Because I did and people were super hyped on it being OP back then and generally cautious and focusing you. I honestly don't feel a difference to that with Slava - it will wear off. 

Trying to directly compare these two makes no sense, as they have very different roles. But if you want to compare the guns alone, I have say that - while I am a big fan of improved AP angles - Stalin is missing the ability to overmatch the 27mm extremeties of enemy cruisers, which Slava is not. And when we are talking about hitting BBs, Stalin can simply not citadel the crap out of them at medium to long range, which is where you see the most broadsides. 

And that is actually the point why I like Slava: it's the only ship in the game that is consistent in punishing those damn broadside BBs you see all the time in Randoms at medium to long range. 

Players
2,395 posts
32,145 battles
8 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

And when we are talking about hitting BBs, Stalin can simply not citadel the crap out of them at medium to long range, which is where you see the most broadsides. 

I don’t know your experience but I double citadeled a moving Yamato once from 20km if not more far.

Beta Tester
3,494 posts
16,026 battles
2 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

I don’t know your experience but I double citadeled a moving Yamato once from 20km if not more far.

Sometimes you get lucky, but generally it is lacking the penetration to be consistent against BBs at these ranges. 

Players
2,395 posts
32,145 battles
Just now, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Sometimes you get lucky, but generally it is lacking the penetration to be consistent against BBs at these ranges. 

Right but then I wouldn’t generalize it. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you get unlucky. Where is the line? Stalin cannot cita BBs in long distance is a wrong statement. Stalin may not cita BBs in long distance as consistent as Slava could be less arguable.

Beta Tester
3,494 posts
16,026 battles
47 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Right but then I wouldn’t generalize it. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you get unlucky. Where is the line? Stalin cannot cita BBs in long distance is a wrong statement. Stalin may not cita BBs in long distance as consistent as Slava could be less arguable.

I don't wanna ride this too much, as we both got the point, but I said "citadel the crap out of them", not getting one citadel if you're lucky... 

Players
2,395 posts
32,145 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I don't wanna ride this too much, as we both got the point, but I said "citadel the crap out of them", not getting one citadel if you're lucky... 

Sure we both got the point and as i wrote before, where do you draw the line of being lucky and unlucky? Not to mention Slava is inconsistent at those ranges as well. If you want to compare both ships' consistencies you need to have a determining point that will define luck. But we don't and we won't know this determining point because it is the RNG (soft, hard, rare, medium, well done) that only WG knows its parameters.

Beta Tester
3,494 posts
16,026 battles
15 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Sure we both got the point and as i wrote before, where do you draw the line of being lucky and unlucky? Not to mention Slava is inconsistent at those ranges as well. If you want to compare both ships' consistencies you need to have a determining point that will define luck. But we don't and we won't know this determining point because it is the RNG (soft, hard, rare, medium, well done) that only WG knows its parameters.

Mate, just go to the Training Room and shoot broadside BBs at medium and long range in Stalin and Slava - you'll feel the difference. 

Players
2,395 posts
32,145 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Mate, just go to the Training Room and shoot broadside BBs at medium and long range in Stalin and Slava - you'll feel the difference. 

I know the personal feeling. My point is more about a concrete consistency comparison (like 2+2=4) based on the data that WG has access to and we don't . 

[BARCO]
Players
34 posts
6,832 battles

Ahoy captains! 

For someone who still hasn't purchased any RB ships and has the points, which one should be the 1st choice... Ohio or PE? 

Thanks in advance