Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

WG we need more proper IJN special captians!

21 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
7,196 posts

So here is the issue, we have many ARP, HSF and likes, all nice and fine BUT there is only ONE cap that has improved EM in the IJN tree (Yamamoto) in the meanwhile most of the ships in the tree would benefit A LOT from having that skill as all BBs, most cruisers and the DD torp line have slow turning turrets also it would be nice to have caps with usable combos of skills like we have on other lines (Ovechkin for instance) like improved EM and SE or EM and AR...

• Cool 16

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles

yes. Give us Tameichi Hara with IJN Shigure as a premium. It's about time. 

Give him torpedo specializations. 

• Cool 6

[JRM]
Players
7,196 posts
2 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Yep CV specific skill combos as well (as I know you are CV player ;)) and definetly DD combos

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Yep CV specific skill combos as well (as I know you are CV player ;))

Tameichi Hara was known to reform the IJN torpedo doctrine so it would make sense for him to get bonuses in those places also a bonus.. 

for last stand. 

He was captain of IJN Shigure which got a hole punched into its rudder by a torpedo which didn't detonate. They only noticed when maintenance work was done in docks. 

So make Last stand bonus to reduce effects of broken engine/steering by 75%

I don't know any known captains who for CV bonuses tbh

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,196 posts

Cunningham has aircraft armor bonus and Lutiens engine boost bonus, some have perks that involve CVs but perks are ofc disabled in CB, as for IJN I am sure WG can find a name of a cap that destingueshed himself on CVs...

I mean I know the skill rework is in works but after that at least we shoud get them...

Players
36 posts
3,842 battles

Chuichi Nagumo would be the person you are looking for. He was in command of the Kido Butai (Mobile Force/carrier group) between Pearl Harbor and the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands, third-in-command of the IJN as a whole behind Kondo and Yamamoto.

As for buffed skills, Improved Engines (plane speed) could work. Not sure what perks would be good.

Players
618 posts
3,562 battles
32 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Exactly! I've been waiting for a torp boat captain for ages..

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Yea, IJN special captains is a really neglected category, thankfully someone at WG is sure to see this thread and react...

...by releasing a special german captain with increased aircraft armor and improved torpedo acceleration that gets a buff to plane speed every 5 citadels.

Knowing WG, this would not surprise me at all.

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
7,196 posts
15 minutes ago, RurushuVuiBuritania said:

Chuichi Nagumo would be the person you are looking for. He was in command of the Kido Butai (Mobile Force/carrier group) between Pearl Harbor and the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands, third-in-command of the IJN as a whole behind Kondo and Yamamoto.

As for buffed skills, Improved Engines (plane speed) could work. Not sure what perks would be good.

Good call

I would say improved engine boost (or after rework speed or something) and aircraft armor or SE for extra hp (or all 3 as the bonuses are not that big anyway) and for perks improved plane speed after getting say 10 torp hits and 15% faster plane regen after say high caliber or confederate medal...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

So here is the issue, we have many ARP, HSF and likes, all nice and fine BUT there is only ONE cap that has improved EM in the IJN tree (Yamamoto) in the meanwhile most of the ships in the tree would benefit A LOT from having that skill as all BBs, most cruisers and the DD torp line have slow turning turrets also it would be nice to have caps with usable combos of skills like we have on other lines (Ovechkin for instance) like improved EM and SE or EM and AR... 

Rather than more special captains, I dream that one day we'll get some epic mechanic of improving captains (for silly amounts of captain XP - although doublons would probably be more likely if WG really implemented it) where we'd be able to pick a set of special bonuses unlocked for the relevant nation and, say, make your HSF cat spit color-tracered shells and enjoy the skill bonuses...

Even more awesome (well, not easier but it would get one some bragging rights) if these bonuses were only available to captains with appropriate service history - say, "want a Yamamoto-like waifu? She needs to have 5 Kraken Unleashed achievements under her belt". Then again, WG probably doesn't even record commanders' service history, otherwise they would've probably given us at least some rudimentary level of insight into them :Smile_sad:

[I-J-N]
Players
5,671 posts
19 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Rather than more special captains, I dream that one day we'll get some epic mechanic of improving captains (for silly amounts of captain XP - although doublons would probably be more likely if WG really implemented it) where we'd be able to pick a set of special bonuses unlocked for the relevant nation and, say, make your HSF cat spit color-tracered shells and enjoy the skill bonuses...

Even more awesome (well, not easier but it would get one some bragging rights) if these bonuses were only available to captains with appropriate service history - say, "want a Yamamoto-like waifu? She needs to have 5 Kraken Unleashed achievements under her belt". Then again, WG probably doesn't even record commanders' service history, otherwise they would've probably given us at least some rudimentary level of insight into them :Smile_sad:

I perceive.. difficulties, eliastion-san.

[JRM]
Players
7,196 posts
2 hours ago, eliastion said:

Yeah I like the way you think m8 but I doubt we will have different mechanics in cap skills, the rework is probably what we will be with for a very long time...

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,509 posts
11,035 battles

Yeah for example it could have a heal that starts after 12 torp hits and gives better reload. Oh wait it is not russian...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,303 posts
5,722 battles
8 hours ago, RurushuVuiBuritania said:

Oh *edited* no, the man was, to quote a another commander, a "h*ll of a damned fool". Let's have his replacement, Jizaburo Ozawa instead, he at least believed in carriers unlike Nagumo.

Players
36 posts
3,842 battles
2 hours ago, lafeel said:

Oh *edited* no, the man was, to quote a another commander, a "h*ll of a damned fool". Let's have his replacement, Jizaburo Ozawa instead, he at least believed in carriers unlike Nagumo.

I mean, either of them would do nicely for a CV commander. Honestly, I would blame him for Midway, which is something he could have avoided if the IJN somehow ditched the idea of scouting with aircraft launched from cruisers...

And if we go by combat record, shouldn't we disqualify some of the existing special commanders? Lütjens accomplished little of note. Halsey and Cunningham both made mistakes that could have been disastrous.

Point being: either Nagumo or Ozawa would do, and neither should be excluded on the basis of faults made whilst in command.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,303 posts
5,722 battles
2 minutes ago, RurushuVuiBuritania said:

I mean, either of them would do nicely for a CV commander. Honestly, I would blame him for Midway, which is something he could have avoided if the IJN somehow ditched the idea of scouting with aircraft launched from cruisers...

No, but you most certainly can blame him for failing to send that third strike wave at Pearl on December 7th like the plan said to do.

Players
36 posts
3,842 battles
16 minutes ago, lafeel said:

No, but you most certainly can blame him for failing to send that third strike wave at Pearl on December 7th like the plan said to do.

Well, he did not send the third wave, and you could call that cautious (He should have acted more aggressively, he should have struck at the shore facilities, he should have done more damage) or sensible (No overabundance of fuel, intensifying American AA that actually took down quite some planes in the second wave, not knowing where the American carriers were, planes having to land at night, which would have been a novelty, belief in the fact that the Americans were already out of action for quite some time).

It's easy to judge mistakes in the past from the present and point them out, but acting on them with the information at hand at that point in history is an entirely different thing.

To clarify, I am not defending Nagumo. I am just saying that the criticism can be seen from different perspectives.

I am more than okay with either of them as a CV commander for the IJN, basically.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this