Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheDesertFox_96

Current State of the Game (ranked season) some suggestion and problems

9 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
5,123 battles

I would like to know your opinion on current ranked season cause i have mine and its pretty bad.

1st consideration: Radar cruiser --> dd passive/powercreep of cruiser.
What I noted as a DD player is that more radar cruiser, particularly in these small maps, force dds to not playing the objective and to stop spotting, i got punished every time i tried to cap even in early game (e.g. being deniend capturing b in map "greece" at the start and killed soon after, litterally 1 min and half since the game started and i was really behind). So as a dd player i tried to play more passive and waiting till the end of the game however this is not effective since I'm not doing dmg for the fist half the game, I'm not spotting and I'm not capping moreover is BORING. I think that radar needs balance rework if WG makes us to play in small maps such as in this season cause it is not possibile to be spotted by a Petro or a Stalingrad 40 sec after the game started (the problem is even more acuted if there is a cv in the game.
Second thing--> radar heavy cruisers tend to be the best cruisers in the game right now: Stalingrad, Moskva (to a certain extent), Petropavlosk, Des Moines (the more balanced of the others and the one that is less an heavy cruiser). These lately seem to have powercreeped others such as Zao, tier X heavy british cruiser (so useless i dont even remember the name), Azuma and Yoshino, Henry IV. The only ones I feel that are doing good, despite all are, the old lady Hindenburg and Venezia (in some circumstances). I honestly dont feel right to play with tier X cruiser with this disadvantage. So duck game variety.

Third thing--> are light cruiser dying? In this season i rarely seen a light cruiser that was not a Smolensk(keep nerfing pls) or a Nievsky, and sometime Minotaur (this was a surprise I admit it). What about the others Worcester ecc.

All in all I think that heavy radar cruiser needs a rework, and honestly as player that has been here I start feeling quite upset since we are telling you this (WG) for 2 years ago?

2nd consideration: CV interaction with destroyers and cruisers.
When a carrier is in the game as a destroyer you literaly stop playing properly and honestly you feel doomed...I suggest you nerf even more deployable squadron cause it not possible to a dd to survive a strike and then get killed cause the "OP" AA cant even take down aircrafts that are supposed to defend from other planes and not to spot for 15 second more a poor dd. Just Saying.

Second thing--> the introduction of M.Richtofen has ruined many playstyle that some cruisers need to be effective, a stealthy Zao cannot flank anymore since it would be alone against citadel squadron manly called AP rockets. Light cruisers I think stopped playing cause of this so GG WG you gave us once again something the game and us didn't need. 

3rd consideration: arms race introduction of a new mechanic

Since people started camping in arms race I suggest the introduction of a new mechanic. The buff spamming in the center of the map (aka dangerous zone) should be stronger then other spamming far away. In order to not induce dds to suicide for a buff (since also this is happenening) i would add the thing that once you died the buffs you have taken simply disappears or ar nerfed (e.g their effect is halved) 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles

To first i have to say this:

Its basicly useless to play a non-radar Cruiser, because when your DDs play "how can i die fastest" its an auto-loss. So every sane person picks a radar Cruiser, in case his DDs suck... and they suck all the time.

Non-radar CAs are usually good at dealing with other campy/bow-on CAs like Hindenburg vs russian bias f.e. But its no use playing a Hindenburg, when your DD suicides, and then you get pushed away by the DD and stealthfarmed by the Cruisers.

Petro having stealthradar didnt help ofc.

To 2nd

CVs crap on everything - no surprise there

to 3rd

meh, first time we had an Arms race event, people never went for buffs. This time, they always went for buffs only to die for it :cap_fainting:

Playerbase is not ready for such complicated mechanics

• Cool 2

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
317 posts
39,662 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

DDs suck... and they suck all the time.

In the three games I had this morning. DD's ended up in the bottom slot every time.

They wouldn't spot and choose to hide behind islands for most of the game.  When you have such passive dd's, it's a real struggle to win.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,746 posts
10,363 battles
50 minutes ago, TheDesertFox_96 said:

Second thing--> radar heavy cruisers tend to be the best cruisers in the game right now: Stalingrad, Moskva (to a certain extent), Petropavlosk, Des Moines (the more balanced of the others and the one that is less an heavy cruiser). These lately seem to have powercreeped others such as Zao, tier X heavy british cruiser (so useless i dont even remember the name), Azuma and Yoshino, Henry IV. The only ones I feel that are doing good, despite all are, the old lady Hindenburg and Venezia (in some circumstances). I honestly dont feel right to play with tier X cruiser with this disadvantage. So duck game variety.

457mm BB broke CAs. Played a few rounds with hindenburg. So much fun against thunderer, ohio, kremlin, etc. Muhhhh angling, such skill.

Oh and even more fun when a thundelel outspots you so youre either forces to sit bow in or give broadside. HAHAHAHA.

Desmoines is still really good but for some reason my teams are cursed. Apparently 140k avg + 2kills avg isnt enough. :(

• Cool 2

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
41 minutes ago, VonBroich said:

In the three games I had this morning. DD's ended up in the bottom slot every time.

They wouldn't spot and choose to hide behind islands for most of the game.  When you have such passive dd's, it's a real struggle to win.

Yup. If you intend to play anything that isn't a DD, radar cruiser or CV, you basically need to be in a division that brought some of these things or you're practically begging for a loss. I don't know if anyone else noticed this (been running wows-monitor), but it used to be fairly rare that you'd see people with below-40 WR's. I see them multiple times every day now. If they happen to be in a DD and you didn't bring a competent one your chances of winning aren't amazing. Good random teammate DD's are rare. Good random teammate DD's on your own team are almost an impossibility.

Players
4 posts
5,123 battles
2 hours ago, VonBroich said:

You dont get the point so...dd's are playing passive cause otherwise they die very quickly...this is my feeling.
It is not unsual these days to get compliant in one match cause you are too much aggessive (aka just trying to spot not even gunboating) and die being triple radared and then next match you get complaint cause you are not pushing/capping/spotting. 

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
317 posts
39,662 battles

Well why is it they are so passive in games where they aren't facing any radar ships?

In ranked games, it feels they are just trying to stay alive and somehow save a star

[RONIN]
Players
478 posts
4,405 battles

i dont mind the radars i mind that some of them last so long that even a BB 20km away have time to turn his guns and fire at you. radar can stay but duration should be lowered maybe to 10 sec max.

about DDs ,if enemy has 4 radar cruisers why do they rush to cap when they will get radared and get killed,so its definitly potato players to be blamed. if you cant cap you cant, dont force 

[SPURD]
Players
746 posts
5,667 battles

US radar more or less fine, 12km communist radar in a floating bunker not so much.

Personally I'd remove radar from CA completely, soviet or otherwise.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this