Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
png_1941

Nationals holidays

32 comments in this topic

[HESPO]
Players
60 posts
12,181 battles

Hello everyone (translation is from goοgle) I hope all players respect and love their homeland, and since the game refers to the two world wars regardless of whether their homeland took part in any way or sided with the conquerors, However, we all celebrate an event on a specific date.

Here in my country (Greece) this month on the 28th we have a national holiday that concerns the ww2, I think that other players (Greeks) would be nice to see if not some event, at least a reference to this holiday !!

Thanks a lot and have fun in the game:cap_happy::Smile_izmena:

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles

I think there are 100+ countries in the world, which means that there will be 3 national days each week. 

WG says NO. 

• Cool 1

[HESPO]
Players
60 posts
12,181 battles
7 minutes ago, 22cm said:

I think there are 100+ countries in the world, which means that there will be 3 national days each week. 

WG says NO. 

why? what is your problem? in the end I am talking about Europe and not about united states:cap_horn:

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,300 posts
11,665 battles
4 minutes ago, Cpt_P4N0S_GR said:

why? what is your problem?

He is trying to say, In a very blunt way, 

every country has its national holidays about WWI and WWII. 

WG, in my eyes, only trying include holidays / days from major players of the WWII.

Because you cannot include every national holiday in game. 

• Cool 6

[HESPO]
Players
60 posts
12,181 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

WG, in my eyes, only trying include holidays / days from major players of the WWII.

no comments:Smile_coin:

[PUPSI]
Players
804 posts
2,665 battles

More little weekend mission chains for national days – anniversaries of liberation etc. – or anniversaries of important naval events sounds good. Probably can't do every single one every year, but why not have a wider range of countries represented?

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,082 battles

WG does focus mostly - with very few exceptions - on famous naval battles as events. 

There is on the forums somewhere,  a dedicated section/ calendar, where WG names those battles, Battle of Jutland, Samar, Leyte Gulf for instance. 

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
36 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG does focus mostly - with very few exceptions - on famous naval battles as events. 

There is on the forums somewhere,  a dedicated section/ calendar, where WG names those battles, Battle of Jutland, Samar, Leyte Gulf for instance. 

Well, oddly enough we get to celebrate Soviet holidays on a regular rotation.. haven't noticed if we get similar holidays from other countries, unless they are somehow tied to the 'victorious allied powers' or something.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,409 posts
14,934 battles

Presumably, it all comes down to resources and space in the calendar, plus a bit of reference to size of target market (I imagine there aren't too many WOWS players in Vatican City for example, so no heroic flag missions for them) etc.

Whilst it's always funny to watch the Greek nationalists get their knickers in a twist (yet again), I don't see any harm in putting some sort of easy mission chain in for whatever their national/independence day is - perhaps a few cammos en route, and a Greek flag at the end. That seems to be the model applied elsewhere.

Before we all get too dismissive of the 'little nations', it might be worth recalling that Canada's Thanksgiving is getting a small event this weekend and that's not exactly a mighty occasion outside this country...

• Cool 5

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I imagine there aren't too many WOWS players in Vatican City for example, so no heroic flag missions for them

From a trusty source, the pope is playing, but he is believing too much in RNGesus to be a decent player, so he is only a tomato 40% player. In his favor, he has never been chatbanned, though.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[BBMM]
Players
6,511 posts
8,974 battles
6 hours ago, 22cm said:

From a trusty source, the pope is playing, but he is believing too much in RNGesus to be a decent player, so he is only a tomato 40% player. In his favor, he has never been chatbanned, though.

I have it from another trusty source, the pope plays CV... https://wows-numbers.com/player/503416009,Heavenfinger/ :cap_wander_2:

• Funny 1

[CRU_]
Players
362 posts
9,700 battles
15 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Yeah i agree, i mean it's not like they have a St Paddy's day celebration in the game. I mean LOL that would be stupid.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
24 minutes ago, zengaze said:

Yeah i agree, i mean it's not like they have a St Paddy's day celebration in the game. I mean LOL that would be stupid.

this last Monday was Holiday in Portugal.

5th October 1910 was the implementation of the Republic.

Maybe is asking too much.

But WG could outsourcing some EU players, like they do with testers.

there are some talented people here, just see some works in Helena's camo contest and so on

they could do some screenshots or calendars about the most relevant Holidays in various countries   

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,348 posts
5,766 battles
17 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Not to mention there are almost certainly a few cases where two countries celebrate the same date for entirely unrelated reasons..

• Cool 1

[HESPO]
Players
60 posts
12,181 battles
12 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Presumably, it all comes down to resources and space in the calendar, plus a bit of reference to size of target market (I imagine there aren't too many WOWS players in Vatican City for example, so no heroic flag missions for them) etc.

Whilst it's always funny to watch the Greek nationalists get their knickers in a twist (yet again), I don't see any harm in putting some sort of easy mission chain in for whatever their national/independence day is - perhaps a few cammos en route, and a Greek flag at the end. That seems to be the model applied elsewhere.

Before we all get too dismissive of the 'little nations', it might be worth recalling that Canada's Thanksgiving is getting a small event this weekend and that's not exactly a mighty occasion outside this country...

That is, my friend, you have to be a nationalist in order to love your homeland, please be careful with the descriptions, because I could also write about anti-Greek behaviors, but I respect the beliefs of others. thanks!!!!!

• Bad 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
9 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

this last Monday was Holiday in Portugal.

5th October 1910 was the implementation of the Republic.

Maybe is asking too much.

But WG could outsourcing some EU players, like they do with testers.

there are some talented people here, just see some works in Helena's camo contest and so on

they could do some screenshots or calendars about the most relevant Holidays in various countries   

What would probably be the most relevant in terms of the context, would be some important dates like Navy Day or similar celebrations, even if they weren't actually national holidays. Though holidays would, of course, be nice too, but it's difficult to find many that most of the players could share. The Xmas season is prolly the biggest holiday season even for those who don't observe it primarily for religious reasons along with summer holidays etc. The main thing is that they will steer clear of anything controversial.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

What would probably be the most relevant in terms of the context, would be some important dates like Navy Day or similar celebrations, even if they weren't actually national holidays. Though holidays would, of course, be nice too, but it's difficult to find many that most of the players could share. The Xmas season is prolly the biggest holiday season even for those who don't observe it primarily for religious reasons along with summer holidays etc. The main thing is that they will steer clear of anything controversial.

I understand that.

But that would be in a more "personal level" like one set for all the british players, other set for all the French players and so on.

Would be like a company on Christmas season, that gives gifts to  it's suppliers and to it's customers and workers, normally it's not something big, a bottle of wine, a bottle of olive oil, and so on.

Yes, i know that we have Christmas events but they are falling further from the "spirit" each year.

my first Christmas present was for each 1000 battles a player had he would receive 25 special flags (dragons, oroboros, hydra and such)

The last one was what it was (PR).

And besides, reward ships are not great and soon they turn out to be port queens, they feel generic 

This way it would be a nice thing to have and look time to times .

Here, we did this for you, today was a significant day for your country and your history, enjoy.

I think with a few exceptions there's nothing controversial about a independence day, implementation of the Republic, a Revolution  that gave birth to a healthy democracy and so on.

And i understand that would be difficult but would be nice,

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
8 hours ago, Cpt_P4N0S_GR said:

you have to be a nationalist in order to love your homeland

I hope you are being Sarcastic.

Because, how you putted  that will make us all nationalists 

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

I hope you are being Sarcastic.

Because that will make us all nationalists 

Not when you substitute 'homeland' with 'regime'... but let's give a wide berth to those shark infested waters... :Smile_glasses:

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
7 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Not when you substitute 'homeland' with 'regime'... but let's give a wide berth to those shark infested waters... :Smile_glasses:

We don't have any great white sharks in my country since 25th April 1974

they were replaced by others but they are still very small and normally they feed on money instead of liberties.

So, the waters are very swimmable :dance_turtle:

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,409 posts
14,934 battles
11 hours ago, Cpt_P4N0S_GR said:

you have to be a nationalist in order to love your homeland

No you don't.

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Players
804 posts
2,665 battles

Point of historical fact (not meant as 'politics', I promise!): There were plenty of ideologically committed leftists and anti-fascists from other political backgrounds who were active in resistance movements in Nazi-occupied Europe – including the Greek Resistance – and who would have been appalled at the idea that opposing nationalism meant they did not love or respect their country.

Right, as you were.

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this