Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Takethatyoubeast

Broadsiding BB’s

19 comments in this topic

Players
151 posts
4,881 battles

2 games on the trot friendly BB’s have sailed around the corner of an island broadside on where an enemy BB is waiting for them at 1 - 3 km 

5 BB’s lost like this in 2 games 

It just beggars belief, they know what is there and they are not low tier where they may be an excuse 

I’ve played over 7000 games on EU / NA server and I have never seen BB’s played so badly

It’s killing the game 😢

• Cool 1

Players
654 posts
2,021 battles

It's because they've heard about 'crossing the T' but forget that's for ships with fixed broadside armament.

ie, Age of Sail Warships and Honorverse ships.

If the armament is in turrets then smallest cross section with maximum firepower is the goal.

But at least they're advancing forward not advancing rearwards to the next map......

• Cool 2

Players
7,434 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

It's because they've heard about 'crossing the T' but forget that's for ships with fixed broadside armament.

If the armament is in turrets then smallest cross section with maximum firepower is the goal.

But at least they're advancing forward not advancing rearwards to the next map......

In before honorverse ships get turrets. I made a few fan made ships with a lot of broadside guns lol. They are also less 'Willy like' 'Except for my star-siren class BB which is :cap_fainting:

Although with turrets, crossing the T is still valid, but became less relevant since ships decided to hardscope each other across the planet rather than bash each other from 2 feet away.

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
4,881 battles
30 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

I’d still rather they didn’t get wiped out but at least they are making some sort of an effort 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,702 posts
9,731 battles

Because a BB devstriking another BB is not bad in their tiny minds :cap_fainting:

Torps? HE? Cruisers? DDs? Now THOSE are bad bad issues, becuase mightee PeePee does not bow to underaged boats :Smile_sceptic:

[RUFL]
Players
291 posts
5,084 battles

On the bright side every once in a while you get to be the other BB waiting to pick up some juicy citadels :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Players
151 posts
4,881 battles

T

14 minutes ago, Jagod said:

On the bright side every once in a while you get to be the other BB waiting to pick up some juicy citadels :cap_haloween:

True. The Izumo in my last game must have thought it was Christmas 

2 Iowa’s and a Bismarck - with all the trimmings of course

[I-J-N]
Players
5,686 posts

One tactical explanation is that those islands, I call them rocks... shouldn't be there in the first place, or at least the BB's shouldn't be anywhere near the islands, because the islands do two things. 1) Give a false sense of security, fine as long as you never intend to leave it's shelter and go on with your camping beach party, or 2) they obstruct the view and critically reduce your awareness of enemy fleet positions.

I frequently use angled broadside to bear maximum armament on the target ship. IMO this type of situation is not caused by either crossing the T, or broadside fire, but tactically unsound deployment.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
51 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Although with turrets, crossing the T is still valid, but became less relevant since ships decided to hardscope each other across the planet rather than bash each other from 2 feet away.

It basically stopped being a thing when we developed more reliable and precise firing control than optical rangefinder and the earliest of radars. Once changing the distance wasn't going to happen infinitely faster than getting an updated firing solution for the new distance. 

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
13 minutes ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

bismarks probably expecting the turtleback to actually do something 

but german armor just means guaranteed pens and the turtle has a back of glass 

I highly doubt that the typical broadside Bismarck or Tirpitz knows what turtleback or just basic angling are. Put them in any other BB and I'm fairly confident most of them will do the same thing. Ok, you may not be getting citadeled but if you have a brain and you're still taking like 20-30k salvos on your side, you'd start wondering why, figure it out, and start angling. These types of players usually have their wows-numbers profile full of red numbers, though, because they don't really care about learning even the most basic of game mechanics and just want to shoot some ships, and the more guns you can fire the better, right? Gotta use them back turrets...

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
4,881 battles
27 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

One tactical explanation is that those islands, I call them rocks... shouldn't be there in the first place, or at least the BB's shouldn't be anywhere near the islands, because the islands do two things. 1) Give a false sense of security, fine as long as you never intend to leave it's shelter and go on with your camping beach party, or 2) they obstruct the view and critically reduce your awareness of enemy fleet positions.

I frequently use angled broadside to bear maximum armament on the target ship. IMO this type of situation is not caused by either crossing the T, or broadside fire, but tactically unsound deployment.

Agreed and the irony was that had they not YOLO’d I could have topped the hell out of the opposition BB 

Bit of a double whammy - die and block your DD from doing its job

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
4,881 battles
19 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I highly doubt that the typical broadside Bismarck or Tirpitz knows what turtleback or just basic angling are. Put them in any other BB and I'm fairly confident most of them will do the same thing. Ok, you may not be getting citadeled but if you have a brain and you're still taking like 20-30k salvos on your side, you'd start wondering why, figure it out, and start angling. These types of players usually have their wows-numbers profile full of red numbers, though, because they don't really care about learning even the most basic of game mechanics and just want to shoot some ships, and the more guns you can fire the better, right? Gotta use them back turrets...

Only let them use French BB’s with forward turrets then 😂

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
2 minutes ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

Only let them use French BB’s with forward turrets then 😂

With turrets with fixed angle to forward, which are only able to adjust elevation. Just to be on the safe side.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,686 posts
8 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

With turrets with fixed angle to forward, which are only able to adjust elevation. Just to be on the safe side.

To make it doubly safe, with engines permanently on reverse.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

BB's can only reverse, they don't have forward sailing - what are you talking about?

• Funny 4

Players
7,434 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Invincibility, aimbot and el2azer brain as well.

*sees, smoll pete and serB over the horizon with maroon 5 this love playing louder and louder*

oh no.

• Funny 1

[NOWH]
Players
873 posts
6,026 battles
6 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

its for real life. not a game like wows with sigma, overmatch and 500% scaling.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this