You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

Proposal: more tier IV premium ships

30 comments in this topic

[-BSG-]
Players
362 posts
40,712 battles

In game there are only 2 acquirable tier IV premium ships ad both Japaneses

Yubari and Ishizuki

When there are missions for tier IV, like in last campaign, we cant use skilled captains of the others nations

• Cool 4

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,019 posts
29,151 battles

It would be nice as there is a plenty of ships for low tiers but considering how many low tier premiums we got in the last couple of years it is highly unlikely that there will be some any tme soon. Even one or two new premium would be a huuuuuuuge success. So don't have high hopes.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,685 posts
12 minutes ago, OOAndreasOO said:

When there are missions for tier IV, like in last campaign, we cant use skilled captains of the others nations

Well, in the past 5 years I don't remember there being any other missions for tier IV so.... I wouldn't hold my breath, even though I would really to see the game get more content (not ships) in general, and for the lower/mid tiers in particular.

• Cool 3

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
6 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Even one or two new premium would be a huuuuuuuge success.

Last announced low tier was the Brazilian/Pan American T2 Alabany Rebrand. So yeah. ...

Would new shiny T2-T4 stuff be nice? Heck yes. Is it likely going to happen? Hard no!

• Cool 3

[MAS-X]
Players
434 posts
11,079 battles
17 minutes ago, OOAndreasOO said:

In game there are only 2 acquirable tier IV premium ships ad both Japaneses

Yubari and Ishizuki

Is fun to play with ships at all tiers

But unfortunately, people is not that interested in low tiers cause you must be at least tier 5 to complete any mission :/

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,400 posts
14,928 battles

I'd be delighted to see more interesting low tier premiums; sadly, I doubt we'll be very lucky on this front - low tier premiums tend to be inexpensive and/or not usable for most missions (plus, I suppose there might be an increased risk of seal-clubbing if they were any good), so return on dev time would most likely be relatively modest, and fewer people might buy them due to the reduced utility?

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,019 posts
29,151 battles
10 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Last announced low tier was the Brazilian/Pan American T2 Alabany Rebrand. So yeah. ...

Yes, I forgot about it. But it is basically a copy of the ship we already have in the game with different camo. So I wouldn't count it as a totally "new" premium.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
133 posts
31,294 battles

So you want more ships with practically ZERO AA to go into matches that ALWAYS have double cvunt vessels in them.

Oh yeah I don't think the formula in the spreadsheet will be able to calculate the fun that will be had...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,685 posts
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'd be delighted to see more interesting low tier premiums; sadly, I doubt we'll be very lucky on this front - low tier premiums tend to be inexpensive and/or not usable for most missions (plus, I suppose there might be an increased risk of seal-clubbing if they were any good), so return on dev time would most likely be relatively modest, and fewer people might buy them due to the reduced utility?

Well.. there would actually be what would be at least a partial fix to the seal-clubbing problem, at least when it comes to using 19 or otherwise well trained captains, they might limit the impact of the captain skills on the lower tiers. Wouldn't do much to counter player skills, but it would be a slight improvement at least. But the main problem here is that there are no missions, or the missions that you got cannot be completed with below tier V ships.

• Cool 2

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,775 posts
1,060 battles

I think this about sums up my feelings on the matter.

Spoiler

492740236_WGplease.thumb.jpg.3b74c21d18a4b3aa23cc39e6be991b0d.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
596 posts
6,778 battles
33 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well.. there would actually be what would be at least a partial fix to the seal-clubbing problem, at least when it comes to using 19 or otherwise well trained captains, they might limit the impact of the captain skills on the lower tiers. Wouldn't do much to counter player skills, but it would be a slight improvement at least. But the main problem here is that there are no missions, or the missions that you got cannot be completed with below tier V ships.

Excellent take, I've been saying something similar. As it stands, tier 4 is unplayable, between CVs and seal clubbers. Personally, I only play tiers 9 and 10, unless I'm levelling a ship - which happens way too much, unfortunately.

All the people tearing at their clothes, swearing they are not seal clubbers - how about playing up to tier VI with 9-point captains max?

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,680 posts
45,021 battles
6 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Excellent take, I've been saying something similar. As it stands, tier 4 is unplayable, between CVs and seal clubbers. Personally, I only play tiers 9 and 10, unless I'm levelling a ship - which happens way too much, unfortunately.

All the people tearing at their clothes, swearing they are not seal clubbers - how about playing up to tier VI with 9-point captains max?

We have had this discussion many times - but one thing we must distinguish between is Battletier and ship tier which is not clearly stated in many of these discussions

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
693 posts
4,406 battles
5 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

I am no Seal Clubber!

tenor.gif

• Funny 1

Players
3,477 posts

Well when the Subs arrive, could we have a premium British M class sub at tier 4?:Smile_veryhappy:

HMS_M1_from_air_port_bow.jpg

I jest of course we will never se such a fine beast, she would suit the period though being WW1, or at the end of said war.

Players
605 posts
27,006 battles

With the Arrival of the German Battlecruiser Line there could be a Tier 4 Premium (Moltke or Seydlitz)

The Same can be said about the Arrival of the British Battlecruiser Line.  T 4 Premium (Princess Royal or Queen Mary)

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

wg is mostly for money, low tier premium ships  are not profitable for them

Unless they will be sold for 40€+

• Cool 1

Players
272 posts

It'd be nice to see more low tier premiums....but WG won't likely focus on them since they've made high tier premiums accessible (T8 and up) to just about anybody and wallet warriors just want to grab the thicc new shiny bote (Minnesota) as soon as it goes live, damned be the consequences and the game mechanics. I saw one of them Minnesotas in gold eagle skin bumbling around showing its broadside and eating full pen damage like the whale he is. 

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,083 posts
11,407 battles

No point in playing anything lower than Tier V for the recurring missions.

Players
1,285 posts
7,109 battles

I would like to see more low tier content, but don't expect anything. No permaflages below tier 6 (with one or two exceptions), no Italian t3 battleboat, Dreadnought probably the last low tier premium? Not counting copied ships?

• Bad 1

Players
726 posts
3,656 battles

This game is about desperately rushing the tiers and monetizing players heavily. Nobody actually wants you to stay in the low tier comfort zone.

• Cool 2

Players
192 posts

there is nothing to do with t4 ships, nothing. other than 1st epoch there is no content for those and it is far to difficult to figure smthg out ... far easier is to print new prem ships and/or ugly camos

• Cool 1