Mebius_lW

[FIX] FPS Bug 0.9.9

79 comments in this topic

WG Team
24 posts

Dear commanders!

Some of you may have encountered the problem of a short-term FPS drop when an enemy ship is detected. We have prepared a fix to resolve this issue.

If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this correction.

If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:
1.    Close the game.
2.    Download the Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0.zip
3.    Unzip the archive (the «Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin /profile /screenshot and other subfolders).
4.    Go to the unzipped «Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0» folder.
5.    Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»
6.    Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».
7.    Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the corresponding topic or reach out to Customer Support.
If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-patсh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 3

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
45 posts
8,804 battles
11 hours ago, Mebius_lW said:

3.    Unzip the archive (the «Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin /profile /screenshot and other subfolders).

I don't have a folder bin/profile/scheershot  - my bin folder has no "profile" subfolder, the profile is in the main folder and I have no "screeenshot and other" subfolder that I'm aware of. Please help? Where to install?

Kind Regards!

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,003 posts
4 minutes ago, WinnieANKA said:

I don't have a folder bin/profile/scheersho

those are three different subfolders...there are spaces between them in the list in the quote

[KAP]
Players
31 posts
11,091 battles

you should have at least the following subfolders in the game root folder:

- bin

-screenshots

if you got at least these 3 besides some potential others (e.g. crashes, lib, ...) it's the correct folder to unzip the folder to

Edited by Mutti_2019

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
45 posts
8,804 battles
6 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

those are three different subfolders...there are spaces between them in the list in the quote

Yes in my case they are.

5 minutes ago, Mutti_2019 said:

you should have at least the following subfolders in the game root folder:

- bin

-screenshots

if you got at least these 3 besides some potential others (e.g. crashes, lib, ...) it's the correct folder to unzip the folder to

So, basically - install it in C/ Games/World_of_Warships ?

Beta Tester
5 posts

well it vanishes stater and micro freeze fps drops are there but at least for me is playable. ps i copied the exe files manualy cause apply patch didn;t work properly

[GBONM]
[GBONM]
Players
79 posts
39,928 battles

chat server has problem too when u press tab and right click compliment and freeze u must restart the game  

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,518 posts
7,371 battles

After installing the patch I did not encounter any fps drops (except for some minor drops from 77 to 73 fps or something like that but that is nothing new and may happen from time to time).

Before installing the patch I also updated all gpu drivers (RTX 2070), that also reduced the drops even before applying the patch although it didn't remove the issue completely.

• Cool 1

Players
225 posts
29,939 battles
1 hour ago, telxinos said:

chat server has problem too when u press tab and right click compliment and freeze u must restart the game  

Read this buddy:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/141749-099-anyone-else-with-port-outrageously-sluggish/?do=findComment&comment=3653344

Players
42 posts
14,956 battles

I mentioned in another thread that for me, the update also massively increased the amount of CPU usage the game has. at least by 20%. The patch did nothing noticeable.  

[NF-DF]
Players
829 posts
21,147 battles

I unzipped this Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0.zip and added the files it contained to the WOWS game folder. I went back into the game and still had the same FPS drops as before this Install_Patch. My PC is now 1 year old and has an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 in it as a graphics card. I have 32 GB of RAM and an AMD processor with 8 cores and 3.50 GHz. Everything was going fine before the 0.9.9 patch. But not since the last update.

[ITAW]
Players
46 posts
15,454 battles
1 minute ago, Nighthawk_eu said:

I unzipped this Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0.zip and added the files it contained to the WOWS game folder. I went back into the game and still had the same FPS drops as before this Install_Patch. My PC is now 1 year old and has an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 in it as a graphics card. I have 32 GB of RAM and an AMD processor with 8 cores and 3.50 GHz. Everything was going fine before the 0.9.9 patch. But not since the last update.

Did you execute the "apply-patch.bat"?

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
940 posts
6,667 battles
19 hours ago, Mebius_lW said:

Dear commanders!

Some of you may have encountered the problem of a short-term FPS drop when an enemy ship is detected. We have prepared a fix to resolve this issue.

If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this correction.

1.    Close the game.
6.    Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the corresponding topic or reach out to Customer Support.
If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-patсh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

Just instaled it I think I love you

[GBONM]
[GBONM]
Players
99 posts
15,132 battles
1 hour ago, Nighthawk_eu said:

You are lucky. The port (Wows chromium browser) freezes every 3-4 sec for a duration of 5-10secs. Unable to check missions / armory etc. I also installed the FPS patch but it did nothing.

I am also using an AMD 8 core at 4.0 with 16gb and a 8gb RX570. Before 0.9.9 the game was working flawlessly with more than 10 mods on it. Since 0.9.9 the game presents constant freezes , stuttering in ship movement in battles and FPS drops. Seriously, if i hadnt invested so much time i`d already be gone.

[FANDF]
[FANDF]
Players
7 posts
11,360 battles

This patch is really working great. I have played about 10-12 games without any framedrops or short-time freezing.

Thanks.

• Cool 1

[NTT]
Players
2,085 posts
11,491 battles
20 ore fa, Mebius_lW ha scritto:

Dear commanders!

1.    Close the game.

why is my computer going so slow now? i'm averaging 20-30-40 fps in game while before 0.9.9 i was averaging 75+ fps...

why???

when i spot an enemy ship i freeze for a bunch of seconds to return playing

what have you done wg this time?....

[NF-DF]
Players
829 posts
21,147 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Bagongolo sagte:

Did you execute the "apply-patch.bat"?

Of course I ran the apply-patch.bat file. Then the game started and a battle started. Unfortunately, the FPS continued to plummet.

[NTT]
Players
2,085 posts
11,491 battles
54 minuti fa, Darkeid ha scritto:

You are lucky. The port (Wows chromium browser) freezes every 3-4 sec for a duration of 5-10secs. Unable to check missions / armory etc. I also installed the FPS patch but it did nothing.

I am also using an AMD 8 core at 4.0 with 16gb and a 8gb RX570. Before 0.9.9 the game was working flawlessly with more than 10 mods on it. Since 0.9.9 the game presents constant freezes , stuttering in ship movement in battles and FPS drops. Seriously, if i hadnt invested so much time i`d already be gone.

port is fine, but please, with this hardware:

AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 7850 2gb no oc,

I7-920,

6GB ddr3 ram,

before patch i was getting +75 fps all the time with high settings (not maximum for other reasons, not including the game, but the pc itself)

now, well, an enemy ship spotted? 20fps,  there are two ships firing at me? 30fps

what have you done wg this time? tell us, the more the bugs you resolve the more you create

if you resolve a bug magically other 10 creates at the same time..

• Cool 2