You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Conrad_zoo

No support for macOS after Update 0.10.0

34 comments in this topic

[NLD23]
[NLD23]
Players
35 posts
8,040 battles

Hey guys,

I know most of you on Windows don't care of even even give a toss - get e REaL computer! - but I am just curious, how who you coop or react when after years of playing and investing lotsa money in this game, Wargaming decides after years of great gameplay your operating system is too much an effort to support and just stops working. I am greatly disappointed, for a start. 

Cheers,

Conrad

• Cool 2

[VEBA]
Players
35 posts
8,683 battles

We are just a few, I guess. And that’s why they discontinue the iOS service.

The only workaround will be a bootcamp partition with windows on your harddrive.

At least I can assure you the game will be running smooth with that solution. I use it myself by now.

Good luck, fellow Mac user!

• Cool 2

Players
1,995 posts
10,764 battles
40 minuti fa, Conrad_zoo ha scritto:

Hey guys,

I know most of you on Windows don't care of even even give a toss - get e REaL computer! - but I am just curious, how who you coop or react when after years of playing and investing lotsa money in this game, Wargaming decides after years of great gameplay your operating system is too much an effort to support and just stops working. I am greatly disappointed, for a start. 

Cheers,

Conrad

i don't care about get a real computer, but i am sad about that :(

don't you have a windows pc so you can play there?

[-TPF-]
Players
4,928 posts
20,105 battles
Just now, arquata2019 said:

i don't care about get a real computer, but i am sad about that :(

I have a Macbook Pro. It's absolutely lovely, but you can see why people don't but them for gaming. You could have two decent windows gaming laptops for the same price.

• Cool 3

Players
1,995 posts
10,764 battles
Proprio ora, invicta2012 ha scritto:

I have a Macbook Pro. It's absolutely lovely, but you can see why people don't but them for gaming. You could have two decent windows gaming laptops for the same price.

why how what

[LSCA]
Players
2,002 posts
14,870 battles
1 minute ago, arquata2019 said:

why how what

mac sells his name because off that they expensive, for this kind money you can indeed buy 2 windows pcs

Players
1,995 posts
10,764 battles
Proprio ora, gabberworld ha scritto:

mac sells his name because off that they expensive, for this kind money you can indeed buy 2 windows pcs

any further explanation?

i am interested in that, i'm playing in ranked rn XD

Players
2,147 posts
16,450 battles

Sadly, I've seen this happen in other games. Elite: Dangerous had to drop support for their big planetary landing expansion on macs, for example. Getting a mac with gaming in mind is always a gamble because the gaming community on it isn't huge, and companies therefore often don't find it profitable to support. Apple is also renown for trying to push their own proprietary solutions and expecting developers to use them, further complicating things.

Well, hope you guys can use bootcamp to get around this.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,928 posts
20,105 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Well, hope you guys can use bootcamp to get around this.

They did mention GeForce Now, which is a new-ish cloud gaming service. You'd need an ethernet connection to your router -  adaptors,  the curse of Mac are needed - but it should mean you can keep on playing WoWs if you want to. 

[MUMMY]
Players
760 posts
10,640 battles

Apple doesnt get viruses, or games apparently :Smile_trollface:

Partition your hardrive and set up a dual boot system?  It was easy enough when I dual booted my PC to a Windows/Linux (Ubuntu).   Lots of videos on youtube.  

Use the boot camp program which from the outside looks like a Windows emulator / will create a dual boot system for you (dont know too much at boot camp, I havent looked into it due to already being on windows).

PS.  If you are running an old version of windows there used to be a way of upgrading to Windows 10 for free (may still exist). 

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,087 battles

Not a good sign for the game longevity.

I hope they are still happy with their shitty CVs they are pushing so hard down our throats, enough to compensate for the diminished income.

And  winter/subs are coming...

• Cool 1

Players
1,995 posts
10,764 battles
4 minuti fa, 22cm ha scritto:

I hope they are still happy with their shitty CVs they are pushing so hard down our throats, enough to compensate for the diminished income.

:)

we can't do nothing about it, we're spectators

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,480 posts
7,310 battles
Vor 49 Minuten, DJByrne sagte:

Do we get a refund for all the ships we have bought

No. You can still play the game, just not on MacOS.

Set up a dual boot system if possible or buy a new computer that runs windows. That are the only options for you.

• Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
2,002 posts
14,870 battles
8 hours ago, rage1750 said:

Apple doesnt get viruses, or games apparently :Smile_trollface:

Partition your hardrive and set up a dual boot system?  It was easy enough when I dual booted my PC to a Windows/Linux (Ubuntu).   Lots of videos on youtube.  

Use the boot camp program which from the outside looks like a Windows emulator / will create a dual boot system for you (dont know too much at boot camp, I havent looked into it due to already being on windows).

PS.  If you are running an old version of windows there used to be a way of upgrading to Windows 10 for free (may still exist). 

there is a some cases that you can not run windows normally in mac, it's simply because there is no hardware drivers at windows for mac

• Cool 1

[NLD23]
[NLD23]
Players
35 posts
8,040 battles
8 hours ago, floribe2000 said:

No. You can still play the game, just not on MacOS.

Set up a dual boot system if possible or buy a new computer that runs windows. That are the only options for you.

It's remarks like these (about refunds) that make me scream a bit inside. Yeah, get a dual system (not possible in my case) or buy a windows machine (no money). This is a dead end street for me. Wonders what they have in store for WOT, that other game I play. :etc_red_button:

[SVX]
Players
1,471 posts
17,498 battles
11 hours ago, 22cm said:

i love the cvs hope they make more ! 

Players
965 posts
6,026 battles

there is virtual machine capability on mac iirc. though anti-cheat systems can be ornery about those.

you dont need a "new" computer to run wows.

you could probably cannibalise all but the ram/mobo/hdd from the system you have now. since a lot of macs are built around intel cpu's anyway.

a windows key can be bought for £20. a previous gen parts combos combo for £50.

its a matter of knowing what parts you have, and what you need.

Players
917 posts
2,703 battles

Your best bet for being able to continue to play on your Mac is Bootcamp,

This is a complete dual boot windows system with the advantage of Apple drivers for all the hardware and assistance in partitioning and setting up the dual-boot system. Some systems throw an error and won't finish installing windows but there is assistance on Apple specific sites; usually there is a registry edit needed using powershell to convince the install to complete.

WARNING: Apple are moving to ARM processors so at some point in the near future the ability to Bootcamp windows will end on new Macs.

Players
2,215 posts
13,273 battles
12 hours ago, rage1750 said:

You don't even have to buy Windows 10 at all. You can simply download and install it. The only restriction you have is a nag message in the bottom right corner of your desktop and you can't change/personalize the computer (change background wallpaper and colors). That's it, no downside at all other than that. And if you are bothered by this you can buy a full license on ebay and many online software shops for as little as 5 bucks - legally.

There are videos on YT that explain why this is and MS explained it in computer magazine articles numerous times. The business model of selling the software license for Windows is obsolete. They pretty much give away Windows for free to bind customers to the brand. These customers are more likely to buy software and hardware via the MS store, use their cloud service and so on. Means, Windows licenses are not any longer considered a source of income, but brand loyalty by their customers is.

• Cool 2

Players
231 posts
4,974 battles

@Conrad_zoo

I was reading the patch notes and thought of guys like you.

Guess you gotta bite the sour apple now, as we germans say..

Good luck and fair seas!