Sznyper

Horrible freezes since the update

25 comments in this topic

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
114 posts
10,252 battles

It's a real disaster.

After starting the game, several minutes to wait for the chat to appear.

Picking the earned container - 2-3 freezes, few seconds each. If lucky and opening possiblity appears, same story with opening.

Try to move a ship around in the port - every few seconds freezes.

The best thing - trying to [edited]somebody to the blacklist - over two minutes freeze. Did it in the battle - had to restart the computer. Can imagine what other players thought about me...

For me the game is unplayable. Waiting for the fix, until then no point to play - very bad experience.

• Cool 2

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
114 posts
10,252 battles

Support wrote me to update graphics card drivers... They have no idea what's going on.

• Cool 1

Players
143 posts
23,658 battles
24 minutes ago, Sznyper said:

Support wrote me to update graphics card drivers... They have no idea what's going on.

LOL!! Welcome aboard buddy.

I can't post my "interactions" with Support because it's against the Forum's rule (I wonder why...), but so far it has been the best Mr. Bean show to date.

To be fair, they start off with the not-so-wrong idea that we are all dummies barely able to turn on the PC, and I guess that their main duty is to NOT bother the Development Team with silly requests, but hey, when things turn South, they do it in a spectacular way!!!

:cap_horn::cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GURKA]
Players
140 posts
15,225 battles

I applied the patch, jutter has improved but had black screen crashes three time now.

WG Staff
1,419 posts
780 battles
20 hours ago, Master__unconquerable said:

When comes WG with a sollution? the game is barely playable!!

Hi Captain,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried this fix? 

• Angry 1

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
114 posts
10,252 battles
4 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried this fix? 

We are nit talking about "the problem of a short-term FPS drop when an enemy ship is detected" but something completely different. The hotfix makes no improvement at all. It has something to do witch communication with chat server. Today even trying to remove somebody from the blacklist during the battle completely frozen the game. After over 10 minutes I closed it through the Program Manager.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
1,473 posts
13,366 battles

To be fair you guys are not really giving anything helpful to work with the only things written here is "NEED SOLUTION FIX PLZZZ!"

Did you or did you not install the hotfix? Because Port Performance did improve after that one as well for me at least.

If you have and it still is jittering lagging etc please check if you have a bad internet connection Online Games tend to "freeze" without a stable connection as well. if that did not check thy harddrive to truely start pointing fingers at the WG Guys. But PRETTY PLEASE stop coming into the forum "WHERE IS FIX, IS UNPLAYABLE"

I do code diffrent software than this but i would toss any requests like that out as not helpful and respond with "have you tried to turn it off and on again?"

Same level of helpful information.

[THESO]
Players
4,221 posts
2 hours ago, DasTongle said:

To be fair you guys are not really giving anything helpful to work with the only things written here is "NEED SOLUTION FIX PLZZZ!"

Did you or did you not install the hotfix? Because Port Performance did improve after that one as well for me at least.

If you have and it still is jittering lagging etc please check if you have a bad internet connection Online Games tend to "freeze" without a stable connection as well. if that did not check thy harddrive to truely start pointing fingers at the WG Guys. But PRETTY PLEASE stop coming into the forum "WHERE IS FIX, IS UNPLAYABLE"

I do code diffrent software than this but i would toss any requests like that out as not helpful and respond with "have you tried to turn it off and on again?"

TBH, WG is a big enough company that has (or at least it should have) a division of QA engineers (testers).

The problem is general .... asking people to submit tickets, wg-checks and provide technical information (as they have) is not on point here.

Hopefully the problems are gone with the 2.5gig hotfix...

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
114 posts
10,252 battles
3 hours ago, DasTongle said:

There is lots of posts in the forum, several topics, just look around, like this one https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/141749-099-anyone-else-with-port-outrageously-sluggish/. There is lots of details there. Do not play WG support game treating players as idiots. We are talking precisely about an issue with the chat server and being completely ignoried by WG. And we tired to say same things again and again and again. After 4 days of discussing with Support I am really sick of it. They just do not listen. They do not even read carefully what I wrote. Like asking to remove all the modes, although twp messages earlier I wrote to them, that I already tried this with no result. Are You surprised some of us are loosing patience?

[TTT]
Players
1,473 posts
13,366 battles
4 hours ago, nambr9 said:

TBH, WG is a big enough company that has (or at least it should have) a division of QA engineers (testers).

The problem is general .... asking people to submit tickets, wg-checks and provide technical information (as they have) is not on point here.

Ask general questions get general answers *shrug*

2 hours ago, Sznyper said:

And we tired to say same things again and again and again. After 4 days of discussing with Support I am really sick of it. They just do not listen. They do not even read carefully what I wrote. Like asking to remove all the modes, although twp messages earlier I wrote to them, that I already tried this with no result. Are You surprised some of us are loosing patience?

See this is INFORMATION.

Everything beforehand was WAAAH FIX NAO...

Yet doesn't answer other things, are the general things you check beforehand okay? Because there are some people experience it some don't the fix could be related so is it installed?

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
114 posts
10,252 battles
3 hours ago, DasTongle said:

Yet doesn't answer other things, are the general things you check beforehand okay? Because there are some people experience it some don't the fix could be related so is it installed?

Yes all those things have been checked. All that You could think of. And as player' indvestigation indicates the problem with chat is realted to the legth to the contacts list. That's why some people experience this and som not and why everybody see it different. 

Finally after four days I got a message that WG acknowledges that such a problem exist and they are working on the solution. Very welcome change. 

Players
7 posts
14,936 battles
On 10/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, Sznyper said:

It's a real disaster.

After starting the game, several minutes to wait for the chat to appear.

Picking the earned container - 2-3 freezes, few seconds each. If lucky and opening possiblity appears, same story with opening.

Try to move a ship around in the port - every few seconds freezes.

The best thing - trying to [edited]somebody to the blacklist - over two minutes freeze. Did it in the battle - had to restart the computer. Can imagine what other players thought about me...

For me the game is unplayable. Waiting for the fix, until then no point to play - very bad experience.

exactly the same , WG FIX THIS MESS!!!!

WG Staff
1,419 posts
780 battles
On 10/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, Sznyper said:

We are nit talking about "the problem of a short-term FPS drop when an enemy ship is detected" but something completely different. The hotfix makes no improvement at all. It has something to do witch communication with chat server. Today even trying to remove somebody from the blacklist during the battle completely frozen the game. After over 10 minutes I closed it through the Program Manager.

Captains,
We are currently investigating also this issue; we are trying to solve it as soon as possible.
There is a workaround identified by the Community (thank you for that guys) that seems to solve the issue: which is cleaning your Blacklist.
If you are encountering the bug, we suggest you open a ticket with our Customer Support and ask them to wipe your Blacklist.

If this solution doesn’t work for you, please let us know.

[TVO]
Players
77 posts
17,206 battles
On 10/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, Sznyper said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with trying to add/remove people from contacts/blacklist. It's only been an issue since the latest update. Seems like with each update of the game it gets worse and WG don't care. 

If you bother raising a ticket all you get is a generic response that is completely pointless. They might as well just come out and admit that WoWs is going the way of WoWp and they no longer care about the game and are just concentrating on wringing the last rouble out of suckers while they can get away with it.

WG Staff
1,419 posts
780 battles
18 hours ago, JeTBarionIV said:

I'm still "on hold"

I just replied to you on the other thread 😊.

Players
358 posts
16,904 battles

I'm still having these insane freezes. Game just stops going forward, but you can hear the sounds and some of the graphics are still going on. Usually this kind of freezing happens in lag spikes, but now I got this lag spike on recording in both, twitch stream and straight to my own hard drive.

From twitch automatic recording 

Recorded to my comp 

Same but recorded to my hard drive

And a small bonus to show that the DeSync is also still there and going stronk :

deSync

Anyhow, this clearly shows that there is nothing wrong with my internet, since my div mate heard me loud and clear all the time and there was no issues with that. Also, the recordings are quite identical. If it would be a hardware issue, the game would've freezed totally and at least the recording in my own computer would have issues. But it does not. This looks like an issue regarding the server, in both cases : insane freezing / rubberbanding and the infamous desync.

4790k + rtx2060 + 16gb + 100/10mb cable (tested like a million times, no issues)

[WG]
WG Staff
4,430 posts
4,348 battles
Před 1 hodinou Paimentaja řekl/a:

I'm still having these insane freezes. Game just stops going forward, but you can hear the sounds and some of the graphics are still going on. Usually this kind of freezing happens in lag spikes, but now I got this lag spike on recording in both, twitch stream and straight to my own hard drive.

From twitch automatic recording 

Recorded to my comp 

Same but recorded to my hard drive

And a small bonus to show that the DeSync is also still there and going stronk :

deSync

Anyhow, this clearly shows that there is nothing wrong with my internet, since my div mate heard me loud and clear all the time and there was no issues with that. Also, the recordings are quite identical. If it would be a hardware issue, the game would've freezed totally and at least the recording in my own computer would have issues. But it does not. This looks like an issue regarding the server, in both cases : insane freezing / rubberbanding and the infamous desync.

4790k + rtx2060 + 16gb + 100/10mb cable (tested like a million times, no issues)

As was discussed in similar threads, you are probably facing similar issues with blacklist. Please, contact Customer Support and create a bug report ticket and don't forget to include WGCheck, that will be really important to examine the issues.

Anyway, if you are facing any technical issues, always try to contact Customer Support for help.

Players
70 posts
14,169 battles

Hi all I dont know if it is related, but on my old laptop with a GTX670; WOWS has always run flawlessly with the good settings, but OMG since 0.9.9 I m experiencing severe lag every 10 to 20s, I can see ping going down to -35 ms, and up to 6500 ms, and then for 15s no problem everything works fine, and then for 2s big lag where I cant control the ship, etc...

Please do something I don't take any pleasure any more to play, I do one or 2 games every nights instead of try to grind or regrind a branch ....

Players
6 posts
22,394 battles

I am in the same situation, even with a performant graphic card. The latest driver installed. Freeze so often in port...is a big disappointment. I reduced the dimensions of the window to reduce the risks - seems working but,  having a 34" 144Hz gaming screen, is a shame to do this...

I think I will migrate to another game and just  forget this one, just today was freezing every 5-10 minutes, no way to restart so many times... sorry but is a shame! Is not playable anymore.

After 12 hours things are going worst, I was not able to be in port more than 2 minutes before freeze...do something with your useless updates!