Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Konffi

Champange

20 comments in this topic

[-TFD2]
Players
7 posts
2,966 battles

Hello,

does anybody have any information if or when will Champagne be released to armory or online store. Its been nearly 4 months since her release and she is still missing.

Thanks for any info

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 1 heure, Konffi a dit :

Hello,

does anybody have any information if or when will Champagne be released to armory or online store. Its been nearly 4 months since her release and she is still missing.

Thanks for any info

She's been in the store few mouths ago, she's was available only for 15 days or someting before been removed. But l think she's available in a "try your luck/ supercontener" with a big luck if l remember or Christmas contener too.  

Capture d’écran (1158).png

[SHAD]
Players
2,672 posts
11,935 battles

I'm not sure why they removed it. It's neither popular or overpowered.

Beta Tester
3,331 posts
14,684 battles

Be aware that at long range Champagne only has horizontal dispersion comparable to Slava, but not the same amazing vertical dispersion.

Since you only have 6 guns, you will very often have disappointing salvos, even though you have a broadside and your aim is on point.

Frustrating ship to play, unlike Slava which is very reliable.

[SHAD]
Players
2,672 posts
11,935 battles
7 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Be aware that at long range Champagne only has horizontal dispersion comparable to Slava, but not the same amazing vertical dispersion.

Since you only have 6 guns, you will very often have disappointing salvos, even though you have a broadside and your aim is on point.

Frustrating ship to play, unlike Slava which is very reliable.

It's exactly the same as supercruiser dispersion.

Unlike the Slava it has good horizontal dispersion even at close range.

Of course, as you mention, The Slava's vertical dispersion more than makes up for its poor horizontal dispersion at close range and it remains accurate even then!

Beta Tester
3,331 posts
14,684 battles
4 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

It's exactly the same as supercruiser dispersion.

Unlike the Slava it has good horizontal dispersion even at close range.

Of course, as you mention, The Slava's vertical dispersion more than makes up for its poor horizontal dispersion at close range and it remains accurate even then!

Close range dispersion is not nearly as important on these ships as long range dispersion, which is why I did not elaborate on that. 

And Slava has no problem to go in later - it's somehwat like Yamato which also has bad horizontal dispersion at close range. Slava's vertical dispersion is still great then (very reliable for punishing closer broadsides). 

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 1 heure, gopher31 a dit :

She's very power at long range with high AP penetration, like Slava.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,854 battles

It is just a ( failed ) sniper type BB with little armour. 25 km stock range, 49 % fire chance and 68 mm HE penetration.

It only has 6 guns that are not very accurate at that range. It may have been pulled because extreme ranged shooting does not work very well, and other uses do not either.

One more thing that is strange it has very little continuous AA firepower ( 159 vs 311 of same tier Richellieu ) while its complete sides are covered with small turrets that are too small ( 17 mm penetration ) to be useful secondaries.

I was interested because of its 9 x 152 mm and 12 x 100 mm secondaries that can have a reach up to 10.1 km......but reality has sunk in secondaries in this game simply don't work unless the ships own accuracy ( Massachussets/Graf Zeppelin ) says it can be accurate enough to damage anything. They just spray as uselessly with a full secondary build as without any skill in it.

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 5 heures, Beastofwar a dit :

It is just a ( failed ) sniper type BB with little armour. 25 km stock range, 49 % fire chance and 68 mm HE penetration.

It only has 6 guns that are not very accurate at that range. It may have been pulled because extreme ranged shooting does not work very well, and other uses do not either.

One more thing that is strange it has very little continuous AA firepower ( 159 vs 311 of same tier Richellieu ) while its complete sides are covered with small turrets that are too small ( 17 mm penetration ) to be useful secondaries.

I was interested because of its 9 x 152 mm and 12 x 100 mm secondaries that can have a reach up to 10.1 km......but reality has sunk in secondaries in this game simply don't work unless the ships own accuracy ( Massachussets/Graf Zeppelin ) says it can be accurate enough to damage anything. They just spray as uselessly with a full secondary build as without any skill in it.

And a bad velocity "only" 850 (still a bit better then Gascogne). 

[SHAD]
Players
2,672 posts
11,935 battles
4 minutes ago, Az_Akagi said:

And a bad velocity "only" 850 (still a bit better then Gascogne). 

Shell flight times are excellent. 
Faster than the Kremlin’s but slower than the Slava.

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 16 heures, gopher31 a dit :

Shell flight times are excellent. 
Faster than the Kremlin’s but slower than the Slava.

Yes l just saw that.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,854 battles

The daily bounce guy claims the guns have ""excellent"  battlecruiser dispersion......but he also claims it is to be used at > 14 km.

Now why would you use a ship that can shoot 25 km at merely some distance over 14 km, when it has "excellent" dispersion ?

I think i know why.....i could either not hit reliably at 25 km or bounced, shattered and such when i did hit.........or was the guy suggesting it is actaully to be used like some kind of fire breather Cruiser, flinging HE at long range ? It does have  decent fire chance shells and HE penetration.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,937 posts
5,356 battles
10 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I suspect her lack of popularity was precisely why they removed her from sale. Would also neatly explain why Cheshire was removed about the same time..

[SHAD]
Players
2,672 posts
11,935 battles
6 hours ago, lafeel said:

I suspect her lack of popularity was precisely why they removed her from sale. Would also neatly explain why Cheshire was removed about the same time..

Crysantos in the stream actually mentioned Cheshire when asked.

He said something like: Cheshire might not be back in the same form. This could mean being sold a different way, a buff, or nothing at all.

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles

Perhaps the one premium I actually regret buying, despite my love of the French BBs and BBs in general. 

The ship is garbage to me. I'd take Gascogne over it any day. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,854 battles
7 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Perhaps the one premium I actually regret buying, despite my love of the French BBs and BBs in general. 

The ship is garbage to me. I'd take Gascogne over it any day. 

I haven't really found a good result tactic for it either.

I would wish WG explained with the info of the ship before purchase what specific tactics it is designed for ( what tactics it is tailored to in the minds of the WG guys fiddleing with it's settings )  on top of the advised build.

Obviously with a range of 25 km it is not hard to see what they could have meant......but it fails to play that way.....so that must not be it.

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I haven't really found a good result tactic for it either.

The tactic is trying to snipe broadsides from range, unfortunately that's all this ship can do and it's anaemic at everything else. If the enemy is paying even a little attention it's totally worthless.

It's an extremely one-dimensional ship with difficulties influencing game outcomes and imo frustrating to play. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,854 battles
5 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

The tactic is going for flanks and trying to snipe broadsides from range, unfortunately that's all this ship can do and it's anaemic at everything else. If the enemy is paying even a little attention it's totally worthless.

It's an extremely one-dimensional ship with difficulties influencing game outcomes and imo frustrating to play. 

Ever notice there aren't that many flanks to exploit in randoms up untill half match at the very least ?  Because you face a homogenous wall of enemies over the entire width of the map......that focus the 1st guy to pop into view. Speed actually kills before those enemies are dispersed or thinned out.

I know flanking.....it was my favorite tactic in 3vs3 or 7vs7 ranked sprints. But there is no wall of enemies executing you trying to get around them......

Maybe it is one of the ships that does not function well in randoms specifily ?

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

Ever notice there aren't that many flanks to exploit in randoms up untill half match at the very least ?  Because you face a homogenous wall of enemies over the entire width of the map......that focus the 1st guys to pop into view.

In hindsight I removed flanks from my post actually, since sometimes given the nature of this ship it's actually better just to sit around spawn initially and snipe people that get spotted moving to the flanks as you'll have their sides, more or less. 

Sign in to follow this