You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Rumor: Yoshino Removed in two Months

34 comments in this topic

[BASIC]
Players
573 posts
20,251 battles

So, new T10 cruiser for coal incoming. Plymouth anybody? I wonder, if the reason behind this removal is too many pinky Yoshinos due to 20 km torpz? Can't wait for Kitakami performance in that matter :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[-RAF-]
Players
846 posts
5,824 battles
46 minuti fa, Ocsimano18 ha scritto:

A reddit post said so referring to the official NA twitch stream. Can anybody confirm this? @Crysantos @MrConway

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/756848505

1 minuto fa, koliber_1984 ha scritto:

So, new T10 cruiser for coal incoming. Plymouth anybody? I wonder, if the reason behind this removal is too many pinky Yoshinos due to 20 km torpz? Can't wait for Kitakami performance in that matter :Smile_trollface:

plymouth

i will choose you..

• Cool 2

Players
490 posts
8,673 battles
7 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

glad i got it a few weeks back, nice ship and no friendly torpings as yet....not to say one or two might have gotten close  :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 4

[-RAF-]
Players
846 posts
5,824 battles
Proprio ora, illy ha scritto:

glad i got it a few weeks back, nice ship and no friendly torpings as yet....not to say one or two might have gotten close  :Smile_glasses:

already got it? how?

[JRM]
Players
6,722 posts

I got Yoshi long ago, she might be out for rotation though...

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,862 battles

Yoshino is a very powerful ship though.....both long range in randoms and in ranked maps when surprise flanking enemies with AP and torpedoes......but a glass cannon when you show broadside.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,099 posts
11,146 battles

I just wish they would stop using coal for T9 and T10 ships, and a dumping ground for all the T4 and below ships with poor sales.

Come on, bring on the T6 to T8 coal ships !

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[SINT]
Players
938 posts
21,204 battles

I would be so pissed if this happened, bought Marceau week ago without coupon because I wanted to only buy the more expensive Yoshino with coupon after the 23th of December with the new coupon.  And also because I already have the Azuma. My risk assessment was that either Georgia or Thunderer would be the first to be axed..... For cruisers not sure if Salem or Yoshino is older....

Either way I only miss Yoshino and Pommern from the current coal ships and with around 45k coal base income a month I need around 3 months to get back to coal stock to buy it with coupon. Adding you can get coal from events like the 10k from the dockyard... So maybe early januari I should be in position again.. but before 23 of December.. no chance.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
823 posts
9,424 battles

I've got over 1/2 m in coal available + coupon, and only Yoshi and some french DD available.

Even though cruisers are my preferred class, I somehow just don't feel compelled to buy Yoshi. Its down with Salem at the bottom of the WR stats, and in game you generally glimpse them at the map edge trying to farm some XP before the enemy runs out of closer targets and blaps them.

I assume WG will pull Yoshi from the store, and then make some huge meta change that makes it suddenly OP....

[SV]
Players
940 posts
12,821 battles
18 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

I would be so pissed if this happened, bought Marceau week ago without coupon because I wanted to only buy the more expensive Yoshino with coupon after the 23th of December with the new coupon.  And also because I already have the Azuma. My risk assessment was that either Georgia or Thunderer would be the first to be axed..... For cruisers not sure if Salem or Yoshino is older....

Either way I only miss Yoshino and Pommern from the current coal ships and with around 45k coal base income a month I need around 3 months to get back to coal stock to buy it with coupon. Adding you can get coal from events like the 10k from the dockyard... So maybe early januari I should be in position again.. but before 23 of December.. no chance.

MUAHAH I HAVE THEM ALL !!!!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[MUMMY]
Players
471 posts
9,663 battles

I generally dislike the playstyle of IJN ships, Zao included; reflected in my trash stats for IJN CA's.  

Seen far too many potat's playing her, torping from the back generally being full of derp which shows in the results.

I was sat on 780k coal during the WoWs anniversary, had some missions to do for Anchorage that a decent IJN ship could help me with so pulled the trigger.

Got a SC as it was a tier 10 - 1k doubloons woo.

I was surprised and happy to be proven wrong, it is a capable ship and the guns are very nice.  

If Yoshino is going to get pulled, I have no regrets after buying her; that is high praise from someone that avoids buying & playing IJN CA's.  If your sat on the fence in a similar situation, check out some YouTube videos, Yoshino is not your typical IJN CA.

• Cool 3

Players
1,884 posts
13,145 battles
28 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Salem is older.

I took exactly the opposite direction, I had coal for one tier X ship and I bought Yoshino instead of Salem (I dislike the playstyle) or Marceau.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,862 battles

It is the Salem i passed on time and again and again. The island camping style is not my style.....i have to force myself to play like that to play through the US line.......

The other coals ships have special features that set them apart. Yoshino has the size of a BB but not the armour and guns of such size BB. It is very vulnerable yet extremely powerful in it's element. Both at long range and very short range ( with use of torpedo's that don't need to be lauched at 20 km ....work perfectly fine at 3 km too ) it can sink the most powerful BB in game. Because is has considerable speed as well, allowing it to flank fast around islands when the enviroment allows for it.

6,234 posts
10,691 battles

Take this with a grain chunk of the finest salts you find out there. OP of the reddit post hasn't as of yet provided ANY timestamp to where the removal of Yoshino might've been discussed.

On top: What was the announcement time frame so far for ship removal? Iirc Missouri was three months/patches ahead. JB/Smolensk the same. So this timeframe would already be undercut by the 2 months rumor.

tl:dr: It's just a RUMOR at this point.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
936 posts
9,638 battles

Yoshino is pretty low on the desired ships for most lists, like CB and ranked. There are better ships that can do the same job, but are more veratile or has better guns.

Players
1,809 posts
15,366 battles

I see no logic in removing Yoshi and keeping Salem, which has been around for ages. Then again I see no logic in removing any ship that isn't blatantly OP - for those the model is "introduce, keep long enough to earn a reputation for being broken, remove, make people buy tons of christmas boxes to try and get it". But creating this artificial scarcity with ships that aren't completely broken is just kind of annoying.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,570 battles
17 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

On top: What was the announcement time frame so far for ship removal? Iirc Missouri was three months/patches ahead. JB/Smolensk the same. So this timeframe would already be undercut by the 2 months rumor.

To be fair JB/Smolensk removal was announced some two months before they were removed from Armoury

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer these ships into their Ports before Update 0.9.3 goes live in approximately two months. 

But that was two months from official announcement on DevBlog.

• Cool 1

Players
3,629 posts
5,022 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

A reddit post said so referring to the official NA twitch stream. Can anybody confirm this? 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/756848505

Are you sure this is clan coal? I think its cocaine.

And that would explain why so many thundelel players play so bad.

@Captain_Newman  Speaking of removed ships, MIssouri was removed from the game but he was not OP, just a good credit printer.

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles

I want a more tanky supercruiser with fatter guns (330-340mms pls). 

But den miss salem is still there, maybe they should just add more to the armoury instead of taking them away, unless they are poorly balanced.

Players
1,809 posts
15,366 battles
13 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

@Captain_Newman  Speaking of removed ships, MIssouri was removed from the game but he was not OP, just a good credit printer.

It's hardly the only example. All of these reward ships get removed at some point (except Salem, so far).

Players
5,030 posts
2 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

It's hardly the only example. All of these reward ships get removed at some point (except Salem, so far).

Witchcraft, I tell you, witchcraft! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,417 battles

Can anybody provide me with a timestamp where this was said? I'm not aware of any such announcement or planned change for Yoshino's availability.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 6

Players
1,624 posts
7,476 battles
41 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Can anybody provide me with a timestamp where this was said? I'm not aware of any such announcement or planned change for Yoshino's availability.

Greetings, Crysantos

I think nobody has the time to watch a two hour long NA stream. Maybe Hapa can confirm/deny it.

Players
490 posts
8,673 battles
2 hours ago, arquata2019 said:

already got it? how?

i meant the Yoshino, nothing newer i'm not special enough