You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WG: It looks like the 2D overlay (MiniMap, Compass, Side Panel etc.) is causing all reported FPS loss / Stuttering reports - can you please check this out!

10 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,483 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

WG: It looks like the 2D overlay (MiniMap, Compass, Side Panel etc.) is causing all reported FPS loss / Stuttering reports - can you please check this out!

It is very easy to check this out: Just press "Control + J" during battle and/or whilst watching game replay...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester
1,092 posts
8,008 battles

There is a noticeable frame drop whit the UI enabled when I shake the camera rapidly, dropping from 77 to 65. The drop is still present without the UI but its drops down significantly less. 77 to 72 in fact. 

Ill unlock the frames now and see if there any difference then.

Edit: With unlocked Framerate, looking at the sky with UI turned off the FPS was at around 169. Turning the UI back on dropped it down to 137.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,609 posts
20,409 battles

As my replays do not work, again, I was forced to test this in training room and coop. In my case the stutter appears not when zoomed in but only when a ship is spotted and appears in my FoV. I have a mod installed that remove the binoculars when zoomed in.

Both in training room and coop after pressing ctr+j the stutter does not appear when ships are spotted.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,483 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

In official thread WG posted:

2 hours ago, Sehales said:

Commanders!

There is a bug in Update 0.9.9 that leads to a brief decrease of FPS when an enemy ship is spotted.

We are investigating the cause of this bug and will fix it in the near future.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

If we have more news on this, we will make sure to share them with you!

Have a good weekend!

But almost anything connected to 2D overlay (MiniMap, Compass, Side Panel etc.) is causing all reported FPS loss / Stuttering... thus it is not just when enemy ship is 1st spotted..

Leo "Apollo11"

[LSCA]
Players
1,168 posts
9,421 battles
48 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

Solution incoming: Ships are permaspotted right from the start.

no, solution is that game need load objects to memory before battle starts , not when battle already running

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
8 hours ago, gabberworld said:

no, solution is that game need load objects to memory before battle starts , not when battle already running

I think it's rather loading the positional data, which should very much NOT be preloaded to make cheating more difficult.

[LSCA]
Players
1,168 posts
9,421 battles
18 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

I think it's rather loading the positional data, which should very much NOT be preloaded to make cheating more difficult.

positional data and game objects are two different thing. positional data you may even send as fake from server if needed. problem what i see atm is that game starts load enemy camouflages from hdd when they appear to sight 

another thing is it might be the code bug that they not use separate threat for loading, as processor cant todo 2 things at same time in same threat it freeze one function till another is finish

there no way fix this self, that is the developers job for find that out

Beta Tester
1,565 posts
17,520 battles
Vor 10 Stunden, PeteEarthling sagte:

Solution incoming: Ships are permaspotted right from the start.

More CVs per battle you say...?

• Funny 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,168 posts
9,421 battles
12 minutes ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

More CVs per battle you say...?

he is right at someway about this how solve that . but that is not right solution