Grembore

Armory - Containers for coal

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
696 battles

Hello,

I've got a few questions regarding the containers which can be found in the Armory. I have played the game 2 or 3 years ago, but section is new for me.

• Is it worth to buy containers for coal?
  • Is it possible to get a premium ship from these?
  • Which one is the better? If there is :)

I've got 17k coal, what I can spend for these boxes (if its worth the coal :))

Thank you very much in advance!

7 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
27,452 posts
14,574 battles
2 minutes ago, Grembore said:
  • Is it worth to buy containers for coal?
  • Is it possible to get a premium ship from these?
  • Which one is the better? If there is :)

• Only when you miss a few collection items or can start a collection that drops from daily containers
  • I do not think so, best to look the collections up in the wiki or Google
  • depends on your preferences

Players
565 posts
3,326 battles

Play the game, collect 3 free containers daily, pick resources and slowly complete your collections. It is easier to get the third daily container with a premium account, depending on how much you play. Please do not focus on any premium ship right now and learn how to play the game. You will heavily ruin your stats and annoy your whole team rushing up the tiers if you do not know how to play. Never ever waste coal for containers. Keep collecting it and do not care about it for the next couple of thousand battles.

Players
565 posts
3,326 battles
On 10/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, phambili said:

Kohle.thumb.png.b9e2a53a536686411a41f321ebd0e942.png

Spending coal on it makes sense!
With Cupon it becomes cheaper.

Look here:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades

Sorry, this only makes sense if you really know a ship and want to squeeze out a minimal percentage of effect. For a new player spending such an amount of coal on equipment for a ship class that he might not prefer quite soon is just bonkers.

Players
333 posts
9 hours ago, Von_Pruss said:

Sorry, this only makes sense if you really know a ship and want to squeeze out a minimal percentage of effect. For a new player spending such an amount of coal on equipment for a ship class that he might not prefer quite soon is just bonkers.

Its not that much but depends on how much Coal you get per day since you can easily get 1200 just from daily and resource containers.

But for a new player that is perhaps not the best idea unless they are willing to wait a bit more for their T9-10 Coal ship, I would not say its a minimal percentage since if you have Perth then Spotter and Smoke modifications greatly enhance the ship, same with Haida with Smoke and Hydro but its true some ships dont get much benefits, BBs for example dont get much out of it and its still expensive, unless you have a ship were they made sense such Perth, Haida, Georgia or any Radar Cruiser then all they are doing is collecting dust and even if they are expensive they arent that expensive, if you can wait 2 weeks for a coal ship then you also can wait 1-2 weeks for a upgrade.

Now as for ...

On 10/1/2020 at 6:21 PM, Grembore said:

Hello,

I've got a few questions regarding the containers which can be found in the Armory. I have played the game 2 or 3 years ago, but section is new for me.

Coal for containers for me are only for starting a collection that can be subscribed enabled (so elements can drop from daily containers) or to complete one and honestly, most that cannot be subscribed arent worth doing it, the exceptions are Dunkirk and Vive La France Collections simply because they offer a unique commander (also available in the Armory but containers are a better way to get then) but even then only when you can afford doing those two, such as when you have 150k+ Coal not because they will be that expensive but because you dont want something being removed from the game like Georgia and having no way to catch up and getting it before removal.

Also since subscription can only be activated for a single collection at a time, simply pick whatever collection you rather get first and only one container to get it started and wait until its done, then pick another and repeat the process.

The advise I can give is look at what they offer, something like alternative color scheme are OK for 1k Coal but if its asking to dump piles of coal for a extra camo for a premium ship its taking the piss and ignore it unless you have tons of coal and the ship and can afford spending it, I dont think for example Hunt for the Bismarck collection is worth it since you cannot subscribe to it and all you get is 2 camos for the Bismarck, considering its 2 elements per container with 24 elements with a 4:1 exchange ratio at best its 12k Coal and at worst is 88k Coal.

Players
1,842 posts
15,458 battles

When you click on each container in the armory there will be a list of possible drops in it's description. Now, you've played the game a few years ago, you're checking things out a bit now, you've got 143  battles in total, counting coop. That's very casual (nothing wrong with that) - meaning there's a high chance you won't really start playing enough for you to earn enough to complete any of the collections. I'd say completely ignore the armory and just play. If you get hooked this time and actually start putting serious time in, then you can start looking at this stuff, otherwise there's no point - you'll get one or two containers, start a collection, spend your coal on something you'll never complete, and have nothing to show for it.

To answer another question, there was a small chance that the Dunkirk collection containers can drop a Gallant, a premium t6 Royal Navy destroyer. I still wouldn't bother - at t6 you'll be coming up against frequent CV's, ships armed with hydro, sometimes even radar, this is not an experience I'd recommend to a beginner, especially not in a DD - both you and your teams will have a miserable experience.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this