Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

RB aka NTC (Facebook post)

35 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,198 posts

Anyone that can find a positive comment in this post gets a reward from WG.

I know, I know ....but its only to demonstrate an example, where MOST of the community hates something, yet WG is still pushing it forward.

To sum up .. theres around 200 comments. Every one of them is negative towards the whole RB/NTS system.

Since many FB users do not use this forum, I just wanted to point out that its not only the forum community who strongly dislikes the whole RB system. Apparently its a common opinion of the entire community.

• Cool 3

Players
7,165 posts
245 battles

That mike guy was defending even if he obviously had no clue as to why people didn't like it. Also equating this is more content when it isn't since it's pre-existing content thats now shafted into a worse way of obtaining the same things before that are now worse than the previous iteration

As per usual people defend mediocrity because they themselves have low standards.

I mean if they are going down this route they might as well make them actual upgrades and not side-grades or just lower the cost which makes more sense too be honest and/or allow the previous missions to be completed to allow peeps to get the modules (i would also reduce the difficulty of the missions since most aren't really worth getting for the current grind).

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,330 posts
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

RB aka NTC

hm and I thought "most of the community" complains about the unique upgrades not being worthwhile to get because they are no 'real' upgrades that make ships better :Smile_hiding:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,959 battles
11 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

hm and I thought "most of the community" complains about the unique upgrades not being worthwhile to get because they are no 'real' upgrades that make ships better :Smile_hiding:

I don't much care for most legendary upgrades, even though some are straight upgrades and other were harshly nerfed for little compensation.

But, I atleast would like to have some form of freedom getting them and then deciding if they are worthwhile or not. Locking them behind RB is just annoying and pretty irritating.

• Cool 2

Players
1,990 posts
10 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

The complains started after nerfing/ "balancing" some Legendary Upgrades (original name)  which WG did these nerfings according to their usage popularity. The purpose of these upgrades was not to make ships over powered in any way, but rather to present an alternative play style or to provide them specific roles.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,452 posts
14,574 battles

Why is it so difficult to copy&paste the post and just give the link for reference?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
1,277 posts
19,180 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Why is it so difficult to copy&paste the post and just give the link for reference?

Why is it so difficult to click on the link provided?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
27,452 posts
14,574 battles
Just now, quickr said:

It is not difficult. But facebook wants me login to show me the post, but I do not have an account.

• Cool 8

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,023 posts
10,859 battles
19 minutes ago, quickr said:

17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is not difficult. But facebook wants me login to show me the post, but I do not have an account.

and I was about to say the same thing :) 

I still have 20+ years to own a facebook account and share 10 year old not-funny videos with my toothless friends.. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,198 posts
29 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No coffee again this morning?

Sorry, but i dont know how to copy 200 facebook replies :/

Was not aware that WG posts are not public... probably there is a reason for that....

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,452 posts
14,574 battles

So it is not about the post, but the comments under it.

A screenshot could have helped.

[THESO]
Players
4,198 posts
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

So it is not about the post, but the comments under it.

A screenshot could have helped.

As Ive put it in my initial post....

Will do screenies for non FB users when I get to my PC.

@Excavatus

Am I required to blur out the names in the replies?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,624 posts
20,473 battles
17 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

The purpose of these upgrades was not to make ships over powered in any way, but rather to present an alternative play style or to provide them specific roles.

What's the point of an upgrade if the alternate play style is inferior to the standard?

Look at Republique. You get a massive 6km range loss on your main battery for a 1,44s improvement on reload. It's just not worth it, especially since you don't have good armor against HE.

Or all of the legendary upgrades in slot 5, where you trade concealment for a dubious benefit.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,023 posts
10,859 battles
5 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

As Ive put it in my initial post....

Will do screenies for non FB users when I get to my PC.

@Excavatus

Am I required to blur out the names in the replies?

If your intention is not negative towards the individuals commented in there, 

that will not fall under naming and shaming. 

• Funny 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,899 posts
27,684 battles
24 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

What's the point of an upgrade if the alternate play style is inferior to the standard?

But if LU provide straight upgrade that we would be back to the old NTC concept that would basically require you to grind upgrade just for a sake to stay competitive. And that would put new players just as those casual once in the huge disadvantage compared to more active players.

I agree that lot of those LUs are not looking good, but that is an issue of WG way of balancing them. Many of them are not providing alternative gameplay at all or not providing enough in return when compared what you are sacrificing in exchange. IMO Kleber one is example of correct way  how it should work. Now I don't say that it is a good upgrade in current state, but turning a gunboat into torpedoboat does provide alternative gameplay that some might like while others don't. But that is ok as LU should not be a must have thing but it should give you an alternative way to play a ship and not straight up making it better. But for that they should be better balanced to be worth spending your time on grinding them.

And of course there is huge issue of the price. I wouldn't mind if they are costing like 12 to 15k, as that could make you get 2 upgrades for three regrinds with x1 bonus, but "pricing" them for almost 20k is insane. And there is no coupon that could be applied for them. For what many of them are providing this is way to expansive.

• Cool 3

Players
1,990 posts
41 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Look at Republique. You get a massive 6km range loss on your main battery for a 1,44s improvement on reload. It's just not worth it, especially since you don't have good armor against HE.

Or all of the legendary upgrades in slot 5, where you trade concealment for a dubious benefit.

Upgrades need to provide alternative play styles according to how they were introduced. I don’t agree with WG decision to nerf for instance DM upgrade. It just gave  quick acceleration/deceleration and different play style and as a result it got nerfed because it was  a popular upgrade.... great logic! 

I think Repub upgrade was the first one I got when it came out and deinstalled it after a couple of games because of the reason you pointed out, it just isn’t worth it since Repub can’t tank. However, for some others it may be an alternative play style, don’t know. WG don’t ask to end users if they are content with the upgrades or what changes they would like to see anyway. They follow some illogical thinking, buff/nerf/add upgrades and we should either take it or leave it. Their logic is always the same, my way or highway.

• Cool 1

Players
1,277 posts
19,180 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

But facebook wants me login to show me the post, but I do not have an account.

1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

and I was about to say the same thing :) 

You guys realize you can browse public pages without having an account? :cap_yes:

11111.jpg

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,023 posts
10,859 battles
2 minutes ago, quickr said:

You guys realize you can browse public pages without having an account

actually don't.. 

I've never ever clicking on a FB link.. never.. 

I may get sick.. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
27,452 posts
14,574 battles
4 minutes ago, quickr said:

You guys realize you can browse public pages without having an account? :cap_yes:

11111.jpg

Tell that android. The banner for login or create account blocks the whole screen.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,624 posts
20,473 battles
38 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Upgrades need to provide alternative play styles according to how they were introduced.

Yes, and as you and @fumtu are saying they need to be balanced. We all agree here, because that's also my position.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,092 posts
8,026 battles

Its bad enough that i have to reset 3 (4 or 5 for some) lines to get the ship i want to play. But the reset 2 line to get a bad module? Don't make me laugh. Im not laughing. This is sad.

Lets take the Z-52 mod as an example. I need to reset 2 ship lines and experience the horrors some trash ships just to make my Z-52 even worse. That's a great idea. The previous system was 10 times better becuase it actually forces you to play the ship you are grinding the module for actually pushing you to do better and perfect its playstyle. This? this is just trash. No thought involved. Its soul purpose is to attract more players to this trash system to justify its implementation. 

WeeeGeeee, sending elite players back to tier 2 will not fix horrible que time and lack of players on low tier. Marketing, PR and flow of new player will.

I also hate the fact that you literally forced me out of German Bias shell to get the Siegfried.

I hate the Research Bereau and everything that has to do with it and i wish it was removed so i didn't have to do anything with it any more.

And now i have to Reset 3 more lines just to get the Paolo Emilio. Great... Just great. Thank god i had this free xp laying around that i wanted to buy the Azuma with...

That's my 0.02 Croatian Kuna on this topic.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
4,198 posts

Well ... I wont be doing the screenies ... not worth the effort (plus I dont want to break any rules, since facebook comments actually include image and realnames).

To sum up .. theres around 200 comments. Every one of them is negative towards the whole RB/NTS system.

Since many FB users do not use this forum, I just wanted to point out that its not only the forum community who strongly dislikes the whole RB system. Apparently its a common opinion of the entire community.

So the myth, that only the furum active members whine about RB/NTC is not the truth...

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,452 posts
14,574 battles
4 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

To sum up .. theres around 200 comments. Every one of them is negative towards the whole RB/NTS system.

That would have been a good addition to the opening post.

Players
176 posts
2,877 battles
3 horas antes, ColonelPete dijo:

You don't need to login for read. When login prompt, only click no. I don't have and account either.

Sign in to follow this