Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

chat messages that disappear too quickly

5 comments in this topic

Players
897 posts
3,425 battles

I've always been irritated by the chat messages disappearing so quickly in WoWs - but now I got another thought - as this system is a means of communication, shouldn't WG be required to keep all messages for 6 months under EU data retention regulations?

[CAIN]
Players
4,521 posts
19,138 battles

Read faster. :Smile_hiding:

I know what you mean tho.

It's annoying, but I do think that chat messages are logged, as they are the basis for extended chat bans.

So, there seems to be a system in place, it's just that there seem to be a client side bug.

[MUMMY]
Players
486 posts
9,722 battles

When in game just hold down CTRL, put mouse cursor over chat log and scroll using mouse wheel to see what has been said?

• Cool 2

Players
897 posts
3,425 battles
6 hours ago, rage1750 said:

When in game just hold down CTRL, put mouse cursor over chat log and scroll using mouse wheel to see what has been said?

I mean messaging in the harbor of course...

Players
1,277 posts
19,172 battles

(port) Chat has always been wonky and something you can't rely on. From mssgs disappearing, chat windows opening as someone is trying to reach you but no incoming mssg showing, hitting "enter" after you wrote something and text not appearing in chat window, etc etc... It's been a pain in the arse all this time, but like many things I guess, it's not important enough for WG to fix it.

Sign in to follow this