Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yxkraft

The snowflake/free container events, please stop doing them

42 comments in this topic

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
167 posts
13,481 battles

I have so many ships I had to spend upwards to 10 hours playing nothing but coop to get all the "free" stuff. This freebie format does not work with players that have more than 20 ships. It should be implemented in some other way, because as it is now its just pavlovian conditioning to associate wows with drudgery because playing coop isnt very fun, its just tedious. Not well thought out as usual with WG ideas.  You cant even think out a way to distribute freebies without screwing up. Why does it have to be this way? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 13
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 13

[-TPF-]
Players
4,006 posts
16,507 battles
5 minutes ago, Yxkraft said:

This freebie format does not work with players that have more than 20 ships

Considers 140 ships.

Considers lack of snowflakes.

Wonders where August 2020 went (well, I didn't have anything better to do).

Also: Considers "Pavlovian Conditioning" and suddenly wants to eat a meringue. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
167 posts
13,481 battles
Just now, invicta2012 said:

Considers 140 ships.

Considers lack of snowflakes.

Wonders where August 2020 went (well ,we didn't have anything better to do).

Also: Considers "Pavlovian Conditioning" and suddenly wants to eat a meringue. 

Uh I have 170 ships but not all of them are T5 and upwards. 

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
6 minutes ago, Yxkraft said:

I have so many ships I had to spend upwards to 10 hours playing nothing but coop to get all the "free" stuff. This freebie format does not work with players that have more than 20 ships. It should be implemented in some other way, because as it is now its just pavlovian conditioning to associate wows with drudgery because playing coop isnt very fun, its just tedious. Not well thought out as usual with WG ideas.  You cant even think out a way to distribute freebies without screwing up. Why does it have to be this way? 

Oh my god. A WG employee stands behind you with a remote control that gives you electro shocks when you do not play? Poor you :Smile_ohmy:

Imagine you could decide for yourself if the rewards are worth it or not. That would be nice :cap_like:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,820 battles

WG announced the next time you will be able to remove the "snowflakes" by just playing a game......you don't have to win it anymore.

So it will be much easier getting all these bonusses as you only have to play each ship you own 1 x.

Indeed it took the whole of 0.98 duration to remove 180+ "snowflakes" because i had to actually win to remove them.....and i didnt want to spend all that time in COOP.  Certainly not with ships tier VIII and above. It is a funny thing that on tier X players actually lose against bots on numerous occasions and a win is not as certain as you expect it to be in COOP. But maybe that is because of desinterested YOLOing snowflake removers.......with powerful ships bots actually get quite dangerous, especially when you are left by snuffed YOLO'ers  being outnumbered by bots grinning at you with the most outragious OP ships tier X has....

I noticed some minimal abuse protection is already applied as when i was called away from my computer and my ship was AFK for a whole ( COOP ) match the snowflake was not removed. It won't protect from desinterested YOLOing and a < 3 minute sinking though..

Players
541 posts
1,717 battles

Looks at 150 ships in port and collapses laughing hysterically.......

got the sc's the rest is meh....

(typing one handed due to toffee ice cream cone..)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
936 posts
9,625 battles

There's been an article regarding this, they're looking into changing it to base xp instead of the usual win.

By the way, what's co-op?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,801 posts
16,918 battles

You don't HAVE to collect them all.

I know I don't, but I don't want to spoil free goodies for ppl who actually DO collect them all.

[MUMMY]
Players
469 posts
9,663 battles
49 minutes ago, Yxkraft said:

I have 119 ships tiers 8-10.

Did them allin coop, had some good stuff too given the past year I had very little.

Did them with clan mates and we had a great time blasting bots, gave us a break from the potatoness of randoms.

Load the fridge up with coping juice (beer) and food and away you go.

Clearly you are doing it wrong :Smile_trollface:

[SHAFT]
Players
10,222 posts
9,051 battles

image.thumb.png.5a9084d0f401e486427999acb35c228a.pngimage.thumb.png.57817e6d3942f9c686e97a08ec5ca40e.png

Why collect camos? Anyone, who has like >150 ships in port should have enough camos imo.... atleast i have. I have like 2000 in stock, so im good for the next decade or so :cap_haloween:

Collecting all from T8-10 is enough and gives decent rewards. (i collected even some from T5-7 ships)

For new players its nice, since they might need it and dont have tons of ships. For veterans, just collect the good ones and be done with it.

[THESO]
Players
4,136 posts
1 hour ago, Yxkraft said:

raw

Joke aside.

Free is still free. Well kindoff. And collecting them in coop is way easier (and FASTER) than having to play randoms.

Dont wish for a change ... it might not be what you would expect.

• Cool 4

Players
144 posts
6,268 battles

i have maybe 60 ships and played maybe 20 this patch, have only 1-2 hours daily for this game, so i play ships which are fun. maybe you can try the same? 

[SV]
Players
933 posts
12,779 battles
2 hours ago, Yxkraft said:

i played 42 tier 10 ships in coop and you cry over 20 ......................... not to speak that i played my 9 and 8s and i have them all :S

[RODS]
Players
1,332 posts
7,283 battles

Yeah it is boring..

Have the same issue with 200+ ships but free flags/containers etc. is nice to get.

With my overall winrate of around 52% I would be playing 24/7 for 2 weeks in randoms to get wins in every ship

Pretty happy there is coop where the wins are guarantied and quick

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,839 posts
13,969 battles

Uh I have 170 ships but not all of them are T5 and upwards. 

you having a laugh? get the last of these emblems before you whinge about having too many ships...

New emblem “Collector. Gold” for collecting 350 ships was added in the game. The “Collector” emblems’ design was also changed. With the addition of “Collector. Gold” emblem high-grade emblems would be almost the same visually. The new design will make a distinction between the emblems of different grades more clear in terms of visuality.

phplkDANf

• Cool 1

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
167 posts
13,481 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

WG announced the next time you will be able to remove the "snowflakes" by just playing a game......you don't have to win it anymore.

But thats no functional difference since you win in coop 99.9% of the time, and coop is the fastest way to play (and win) one game. Setting up events like this is just bad customer retention. 

Players
541 posts
1,717 battles
28 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

Very thinly veiled "I'm wonderful and have loads and loads of high tier ships thread!"

Or have never sold any low tier........:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
1 minute ago, Yxkraft said:

But thats no functional difference since you win in coop 99.9% of the time, and coop is the fastest way to play (and win) one game. Setting up events like this is just bad customer retention. 

Most players seem to disagree...

• Cool 1

Players
85 posts
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

So it will be much easier getting all these bonusses as you only have to play each ship you own 1 x

aren't you bit naive here. im sure that the new version will be far worse

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
9 minutes ago, hypsar said:

aren't you bit naive here. im sure that the new version will be far worse

Unlikely, as it includes the old version as an option.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
937 posts
21,189 battles
3 hours ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

most of the low tier is just a single use cammo

is that worth a coop game or not

if its not, dont play it 

Well it’s all 2 camo’s with a sell price of a combined 90k silver....From T8 up the crates are nice though.

Sign in to follow this