Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pontacringeoana

Ship purchase advice BURGvsSHIKI SLAVAvsOHIO

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
116 posts
17,553 battles

Hi guys!

I have the resources to purchase a tier X  ship with Steel and RP

so please an advice  BURGOGNE vs SHIKISHIMA for steel and SLAVA vs OHIO for RP

thanks!

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,614 posts
20,423 battles

Go for the FDR for steel instead of Burg and Shiki. Better investment, even if you aren't a CV player.

Players
1,637 posts
7,479 battles

Based on ranked power level, go for Bourgogne and Ohio. Based on fun, it depends on you.

Småland    Småland Destroyer 0.9% 55.35% 45 876 Leaderboard
Bourgogne    Bourgogne Battleship 1.8% 54.64% 109 136 Leaderboard
Ohio    Ohio Battleship 1.8% 54.37% 99 219 Leaderboard
Stalingrad    Stalingrad Cruiser 4.5% 54.21% 81 249 Leaderboard
Daring    Daring Destroyer 2% 53.85% 47 035 Leaderboard
Kléber    Kléber Destroyer 0.7% 53.66% 50 842 Leaderboard
Petropavlovsk    Petropavlovsk Cruiser 4.5% 53.51% 73 409 Leaderboard
Manfred von Richthofen    Manfred von Richthofen Aircraft Carrier 1.2% 53.11% 99 359 Leaderboard
Shikishima    Shikishima Battleship 0.8% 52.98% 104 051 Leaderboard
Somers    Somers Destroyer 1.1% 52.66% 51 025 Leaderboard
Des Moines    Des Moines Cruiser 4.4% 52.56% 70 135 Leaderboard
Kremlin    Kremlin Battleship 3.5% 52.46% 85 702 Leaderboard
Marceau    Marceau Destroyer 0.8% 52% 44 855 Leaderboard
Goliath    Goliath Cruiser 0.4% 51.57% 82 333 Leaderboard
Hakuryū    Hakuryū Aircraft Carrier 1.1% 50.98% 86 881 Leaderboard
Halland    Halland Destroyer 4% 50.51% 46 745 Leaderboard
Venezia    Venezia Cruiser 2.3% 50.43% 79 303 Leaderboard
Puerto Rico    Puerto Rico Cruiser 0.7% 50.14% 63 993 Leaderboard
Minotaur    Minotaur Cruiser 2.4% 50.06% 61 315 Leaderboard
Conqueror    Conqueror Battleship 1.7% 49.98% 102 059 Leaderboard
Großer Kurfürst    Großer Kurfürst Battleship 6.7% 49.94% 81 644 Leaderboard
Thunderer    Thunderer Battleship 6.9% 49.89% 103 632 Leaderboard
Shimakaze    Shimakaze Destroyer 5.9% 49.76% 44 411 Leaderboard
Grozovoi    Grozovoi Destroyer 0.6% 49.74% 39 675 Leaderboard
Z-52    Z-52 Destroyer 1.6% 49.73% 36 430 Leaderboard
Slava    Slava Battleship 0.4% 49.64% 95 581 Leaderboard
Hindenburg    Hindenburg Cruiser 4.5% 49.6% 78 285 Leaderboard
Yamato    Yamato Battleship 5.2% 49.58% 92 376 Leaderboard
République    République Battleship 2.1% 49.55% 88 701 Leaderboard
Harugumo    Harugumo Destroyer 1.5% 49.51% 49 510 Leaderboard
Worcester    Worcester Cruiser 1% 49.41% 67 675 Leaderboard
Hayate    Hayate Destroyer 0.1% 49.33% 41 817 Leaderboard
Salem    Salem Cruiser 1.4% 49.24% 65 095 Leaderboard
Khabarovsk    Khabarovsk Destroyer 0.2% 49.19% 48 855 Leaderboard
Montana    Montana Battleship 4.1% 49.14% 84 954 Leaderboard
Zaō    Zaō Cruiser 1.9% 49.12% 71 882 Leaderboard
Henri IV    Henri IV Cruiser 0.7% 48.92% 70 827 Leaderboard
Yueyang    Yueyang Destroyer 0.5% 48.84% 44 723 Leaderboard
Midway    Midway Aircraft Carrier 1.3% 48.8% 82 895 Leaderboard
Colbert    Colbert Cruiser 0.2% 48.65% 76 131 Leaderboard
Smolensk    Smolensk Cruiser 4.1% 48.47% 83 048 Leaderboard
Gearing    Gearing Destroyer 2.7% 48.45% 42 011 Leaderboard
Alexander Nevsky    Alexander Nevsky Cruiser 1% 47.67% 68 822 Leaderboard
Moskva    Moskva Cruiser 2.5% 47.65% 58 823 Leaderboard
Yoshino    Yoshino Cruiser 1.9% 47.53% 71 468 Leaderboard
Audacious    Audacious Aircraft Carrier 0.3% 47.26% 76 352 Leaderboard

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
143 posts
8,899 battles

Deff. Burgogne over Shittyshima. The second one is just a worse Yamato.

Ohio vs. Slava... depends. Ohio is more all-around BB with some strong abilities to push, while Slava is THE snipiest sniper of the game (and is kinda boring to play, but that does not mean she's weak, on the contrary). 

Players
1,987 posts

It really depends on what type of BBs you like playing.

Steel: If you like fast, flanking and a big fun ship go for Bourgogne. If you like sniping like Yamato and hearing the gun sounds go for Shikishiki.

RB Points: If you like accurate guns with nice secondaries and decent armor+hp to push, go for Ohio. If you like sniping at range and all game long keep looking for perfect broadside targets, go for Slava.

Players
1,987 posts
6 minutes ago, st_dasa said:

but that does not mean she's weak, on the contrary). 

She is weak (no, actually she is crap) in terms of not being able to put decent damage on enemy ships unless they are stupid enough to give perfect broadside. 

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
143 posts
8,899 battles
5 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

She is weak in terms of not being able to put decent damage on enemy ships unless they are stupid enough to give perfect broadside. 

Slava is somewhat difficult to ''pull off'', I agree. She will perform well in good hands and vice versa.

From what I've see (I do not own Slava tho, but usually observe what she's doing when on the enemy team), she's all about map awareness. You gotta be patient, wait for the enemy to push or get preoccupied in fighting your nearest ally to really shine. When you see the opening (broadside) you gotta act fast and punish it. And when you punish... oh boy, it hurts more than dad's belt over my shiny behind in the 4th grade.

I got blaped to oblivion more than once by such competent observing players.

Players
1,987 posts
9 minutes ago, st_dasa said:

Slava is somewhat difficult to ''pull off'', I agree. She will perform well in good hands and bad vice versa.

From what I've see (I do not own Slava tho, but usually observe what she's doing when on the enemy team), she's all about map awarness. You gotta be patient, wait for the enemy to push or get preoccupied in fighting your nearest ally to really shine. When you see the opening (broadside) you gotta act fast and punish it. And when you punish... oh boy, it hurts more than dad's belt over my shiny behind in the 4th grade.

I got blaped to oblivion more than once by such competent observing players.

That's right, map awareness and being patience but it really doesn't matter how good the hands are. I have good hands but struggling with her. Slava has a crap armor that can't tank HE or AP, and the idea behind this ship is same as Champagne. It is definitely not a game changer ship. In a game i citadeled enemy ships like 18 times or smth like that and was around 145-160K but we still lost the game. The closer you get with this ship, the more it welcomes the damage (nowhere near Kremlin or other BBs tankiness-wise). You can tank 4 tier 10 BBs simultaneously shooting at you in Shikishima for about 5 minutes and survive. Try it with Slava.

If you are too far at 20km+ range then it is too difficult to help ships that need help. I got Slava because i have others and RB points (like i will get Paulo Emilio automatically when it comes out). If enemy ships angle or bow in, switch to HE, but it is not a RN BB. Tl;dr my experience tells me this ship is only okay if you are already in the winning team. 

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
143 posts
8,899 battles
4 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

That's right, map awareness and being patience but it really doesn't matter how good the hands are. I have good hands but struggling with her. Slava has a crap armor that can't tank HE or AP, and the idea behind this ship is same as Champagne. It is definitely not a game changer ship. In a game i citadeled enemy ships like 18 times or smth like that and was around 145-160K but we still lost the game. The closer you get with this ship, the more it welcomes the damage (nowhere near Kremlin or other BBs tankiness-wise). You can tank 4 tier 10 BBs simultaneously shooting at you in Shikishima for about 5 minutes and survive. Try it with Slava.

If you are too far at 20km+ range then it is too difficult to help ships that need help. I got Slava because i have others and RB points (like i will get Paulo Emilio automatically when it comes out). If enemy ships angle or bow in, switch to HE, but it is not a RN BB. Tl;dr my experience tells me this ship is okay if you are in the already winning team. 

That's a sniper's syndrome for you right there. Good dmg, bad WR :D Good guns, bad utility. Same can be (to an extent) applied to number of high tier ships, Thunderer and Yoshino included.

Players
1,987 posts
Just now, st_dasa said:

That's a sniper's syndrome for you right there. Good dmg, bad WR :D Good guns, bad utility. Same can be (to an extent) applied to number of high tier ships, Thunderer and Yoshino included.

I don't know what syndrome it is called but i agree with you. :D 

Dangerous punching guns to broad side targets (although it doesn't always hit those perfect broadsides with citadel, idk why-maybe desync) and soft slaps to angled ships. Though, Thunderer is different. If i'd have to pick one between the two, i'd pick Thunderer without hesitation.

Beta Tester
116 posts
17,553 battles
35 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Based on ranked power level, go for Bourgogne and Ohio. Based on fun, it depends on you.

I did a reasearch myself and got this

Average exp for the first 10 players in R18 and average win rate

Burgogne      3038,5    78,01%

Ohio               2793,4    77,74%

Shikishima   2648,1     70,90%

Slava             2659,6     65,92%

Kremlin         2744,3     78,25%

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,358 battles

Bourgogne for something really unique but plays more like A SUPER BATTLECRUSIER-needs to find broadside but can act as an HE spammer too..some people say that it is just as worse as a conqueror.

Shikishima-if you have yamato and like it then shikishima is the same thing-fewer guns but bigger and faster reload coupled with a tiny bit of improved dispersion and they hit hard and have better penetration at long range. It also enjoys better secondaries and AA than yamato.

OHIO-OP ship has no weakness,457 with fast reload and good dispersion wreck anything,good AA,better rudder than montana,40 seconds cooldown on heals,it goes 28 knots but you can mount the speed flag and....Vermont is way way slower. It also gets secondaries but they can not pen 32 mm of armor but the great dispersion and that 21 mm of pen will still wreck destroyers and did I mention that they have 9%fire chance? BB will be set on fire even if they shatter.

Slava-Questionable ship that was rushed to release. Misses the improved AP penetration angles. Why? The 406 mm shells have the worst alpha of all the others in the game,armor is a joke,gets just a normal damage con and a slighty improved heal but has 1 less charge than the others. Dispersion is not always pin point,most of the time it is all over the place.

Did I mention that it relies on enemies showing broadsides? Cause if they angle your damage drops off significantly and unlike shikishima or ohio you dont overmatch much with 406 at T10 and unlike bourgogne you lack reload booster and fast reload+12 shells in the air to be an HE spammer. So in order for slava to perform it relies on its enemies to be potatoes and show constant broadside, if they do not and they are in a ship you can not overmatch with you 406 mm guns then you are pretty much dead. 

Avoid SLAVA get OHIO, and depending on your playstyle get bourgogne or shikishima.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
116 posts
17,553 battles
19 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

Bourgogne for something really unique but plays more like A SUPER BATTLECRUSIER-needs to find broadside but can act as an HE spammer too..some people say that it is just as worse as a conqueror.

Shikishima-if you have yamato and like it then shikishima is the same thing-fewer guns but bigger and faster reload coupled with a tiny bit of improved dispersion and they hit hard and have better penetration at long range. It also enjoys better secondaries and AA than yamato.

OHIO-OP ship has no weakness,457 with fast reload and good dispersion wreck anything,good AA,better rudder than montana,40 seconds cooldown on heals,it goes 28 knots but you can mount the speed flag and....Vermont is way way slower. It also gets secondaries but they can not pen 32 mm of armor but the great dispersion and that 21 mm of pen will still wreck destroyers and did I mention that they have 9%fire chance? BB will be set on fire even if they shatter.

Slava-Questionable ship that was rushed to release. Misses the improved AP penetration angles. Why? The 406 mm shells have the worst alpha of all the others in the game,armor is a joke,gets just a normal damage con and a slighty improved heal but has 1 less charge than the others. Dispersion is not always pin point,most of the time it is all over the place.

Did I mention that it relies on enemies showing broadsides? Cause if they angle your damage drops off significantly and unlike shikishima or ohio you dont overmatch much with 406 at T10 and unlike bourgogne you lack reload booster and fast reload+12 shells in the air to be an HE spammer. So in order for slava to perform it relies on its enemies to be potatoes and show constant broadside, if they do not and they are in a ship you can not overmatch with you 406 mm guns then you are pretty much dead. 

Avoid SLAVA get OHIO, and depending on your playstyle get bourgogne or shikishima.

Multumesc, deci Ohio pt RP, intre celelalte 2 pt steel Burgogne mai performant dar Shiki poate fi fun, tb sa fac o alegere subiectiva mai degraba

Players
1,987 posts
29 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

I also use Bourgogne HE when i find it necessary as it is very efficient. Once I tested it when I was in a Conqueror. Enemy Bourgogne was a good player and like 15-16km away from me hugging the border line, juking around. We both killed the ships near us (or some fled away) and two of us are left with similar HP, around 80%. He shoots HE, I shoot back HE. He has RB i don't but i have super heals. He sets me on fires, i set him on fire. He does 8-10K volley, i do similar. He keeps juking to dodge and once in a while he succeeds and  I do the same, go back and forth. In the end i barely sunk him with a couple of K HP remaining. Bourgogne HE with RB is no joke.

Players
185 posts
2,387 battles
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

If you are too far at 20km+ range then it is too difficult to help ships that need help. I got Slava because i have others and RB points (like i will get Paulo Emilio automatically when it comes out). If enemy ships angle or bow in, switch to HE, but it is not a RN BB. Tl;dr my experience tells me this ship is only okay if you are already in the winning team. 

It's funny seeing people finally acknowledge that the Slava isn't OP as people make it out to be once they've tried it themselves. This ship is reliant on the enemy being bad. 

I made a comment about a month or 2 ago explaining how easy it is to counter it just by having basic map awareness and that if you get clapped from 25 km away, then you fully deserved it. Yes, the guns have absurd velocity, penetration, and broken accuracy. But they're also just 406 mm guns, most cruisers should not have any issue angling against these. As for what it sacrifices in return, you've already pointed that out in the post above. But of course, my comment got downvoted a bunch by people who refused to admit that the ship has weaknesses and there's a way to counter it. 

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
143 posts
8,899 battles
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

I don't know what syndrome it is called but i agree with you. :D 

Dangerous punching guns to broad side targets (although it doesn't always hit those perfect broadsides with citadel, idk why-maybe desync) and soft slaps to angled ships. Though, Thunderer is different. If i'd have to pick one between the two, i'd pick Thunderer without hesitation.

Absolutely, Thunderer over Slava any day. 

Thunderer is just oh so much more fun. You angle bruh? Get burned. You show broadside? Blappity blap. See that plane? What plane, it's already sinking below.

• Cool 1

Players
1,987 posts
8 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

It's funny seeing people finally acknowledge that the Slava isn't OP as people make it out to be once they've tried it themselves.

Except that i never made any comment on Slava like it is op or anything previously. I only comment on ships that i have hands-on experience.

8 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

This ship is reliant on the enemy being bad. 

Exactly.

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
143 posts
8,899 battles
4 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

It's funny seeing people finally acknowledge that the Slava isn't OP as people make it out to be once they've tried it themselves. This ship is reliant on the enemy being bad. 

I made a comment about a month or 2 ago explaining how easy it is to counter it just by having basic map awareness and that if you get clapped from 25 km away, then you fully deserved it. Yes, the guns have absurd velocity, penetration, and broken accuracy. But they're also just 406 mm guns, most cruisers should not have any issue angling against these. As for what it sacrifices in return, you've already pointed that out in the post above. But of course, my comment got downvoted a bunch by people who refused to admit that the ship has weaknesses and there's a way to counter it. 

I gotta admit that I was very, very afraid what would become of high tiers after they introduce Slava into the game. We were all a bit biased by the Flamu's (and other CCs) videos showing that utterly broken test version year and something ago. Meeting her in game, it kinda became obvious she is really, really not that much over the top. Don't get me wrong, she's still strong AF in good hands, and honestly I still think she's unhealthy for the game in general (promoting sniping gameplay is bad no matter the ship), but what makes her not OP is the fact that your average potato sucks when playing Slava. That's the fundamental difference between a strong ship and, for example, truly broken and OP class like CVs, where the worst guy on the server can make the unicum's life miserable.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,257 posts
9,069 battles
16 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

Hasnt worked for Stalingrad either, and how long is that one out? like 2 years+ now.

Players
185 posts
2,387 battles
20 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Except that i never made any comment on Slava like it is op or anything previously. I only comment on ships that i have hands-on experience.

I wasn't referring to you specifically. 

I'm referring to people in general who've been crying over how broken this ship was going to be right until it got released to the masses. 

• Cool 1

Players
7,146 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

I wasn't referring to you specifically. 

I'm referring to people in general who've been crying over how broken this ship was going to be right until it got released to the masses. 

*smoll petes voice* Ahh.

It's you again. *pokes loli*

Gib pre-nerf slava with 460's pls.

• Funny 1

Players
185 posts
2,387 battles
2 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

*smoll petes voice* Ahh.

It's you again. *pokes loli*

Gib pre-nerf slava with 460's pls.

It's been awhile :fish_cute_2: