Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Oily_Discharge

Regarding bourgogne

28 comments in this topic

Players
350 posts
5,465 battles

Hello ,

I have few simple questions before purchasing bourgogne .

1) can it citadel broadside bbs from 20km and 23km for example a broadside yamato .

2) can it effectively dev strike other cruisers from any range

3) In ranked I saw lot of bourgognes permanently losing thar main batteries frequently  are they so fragile or what

Many thanks ...

Players
8,350 posts
9,213 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

Hello ,

1) can it citadel broadside bbs from 20km and 23km for example a broadside yamato .

3) In ranked I saw lot of bourgognes permanently losing thar main batteries frequently  are they so fragile or what

Many thanks ...

No, depends on angle, some of the worst protected turrets at T10. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,243 posts
14,525 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

Hello ,

Many thanks ...

1. Probably not the Yamato, but 20km shots are hardly the benchmark
  2. yes
  3. she is not a Kremlin, her toughness is average, but you have better options for positioning which should reduce the damage more
  • Cool 1

Players
1,987 posts
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

Hello ,

Many thanks ...

1- if enemy BB is stationary it can at around 20km

2- it can dev strike cruisers

3- many BBs can lose their turrets

Bourgogne is a strong flank ship, and the closer it gets  the more damage it absorbs. However, it can use its speed advantage to flank and blap ships. Think of a better JB.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,674 posts
11,935 battles

1) Iowa yes but the AP is not great against battleships at long ranges. This is a ship that uses both ammo types.

2) Very good at citadelling cruisers and the reload booster means you get two salvos for the dev strike.

3)Yes Turrets are very weak due to flat faces. They tend to go if you brawl.

I think it’s best to treat this as a supercruiser. 

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,209 battles
10 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I think it’s best to treat this as a supercruiser. 

+1

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
936 posts
9,638 battles

1: Not guaranteed citadel, depends on the ship. Thunderers and Montana? Yes. Kremlin and Yamatos? No.

2: Yes.

3: Yes. Same as JB turrets.

I have the burger.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
Just now, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

One last question is it viable to run full secondary build on this ship ? I am not interested in ifhe will rather get fire prevention .

I wouldnt do it... french secondaries just dont cut it because of the small caliber. And Bourgogne has no heath to sustain such a position. You want to kill any ship ASAP, which you can with speed and reload boost.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

With JB/Richelieu, ive lost turrets more often. Probably due to the nature of being more bow on than with Bourgogne, where you are angled differently to use the backturret. Full bow-on often results in turret hits, which will kill the turret sooner than later.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,544 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

One last question is it viable to run full secondary build on this ship ? I am not interested in ifhe will rather get fire prevention .

Heh, wouldn't really recommend it.  Her armour is kind of thin for such shenanigans, could work but I think the ship is mostly a flanker, at least for the longest part of the match.

• Cool 1

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

Hello ,

Many thanks ...

457mm guns, or even Yamato herself require basically perfect broadside to perforate 400mm main belts past 15km, so expecting 380mm guns to do the same is bit optimistic. 300mm main belts found on T9 and below BBs shouldn't be an issue outside of ricochet angle or longest of ranges. Against cruisers, primary condition, as usual is to have broadside present.

For dislodging angled T10 BB outside of yolo range, you need HE Conqueror or HE Tsunderer, because no AP besides lucky bow overmatch with Yamato/Shikishima through front bulkhead will work

3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

With JB/Richelieu, ive lost turrets more often. Probably due to the nature of being more bow on than with Bourgogne, where you are angled differently to use the backturret. Full bow-on often results in turret hits, which will kill the turret sooner than later.

Turrets being merely 430mm and completely flat doesn't help them with survivability either. You would have to angle the turrets between shots, just like during old WoT days in the Maus:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[VH]
Players
172 posts
15,937 battles

problem is more often than not you are speed boosting to get around the flank and you will find yourself the primary for about 5 or 6 of them and you are burned down fast by he and 2 to 3 lots of ap on top of that means you are cut down in short order as you are ahead of the pack

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
6 minutes ago, oosel said:

problem is more often than not you are speed boosting to get around the flank and you will find yourself the primary for about 5 or 6 of them and you are burned down fast by he and 2 to 3 lots of ap on top of that means you are cut down in short order as you are ahead of the pack

Thats more of a user error than the ships fault? :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
1,987 posts
13 minutes ago, oosel said:

Well, being a flanking ship doesn't mean it should sail alone and try to flank 5-6 enemy ships alone, does it? :)

Players
6,602 posts
10,790 battles
5 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Well, being a flanking ship doesn't mean it should sail alone and try to flank 5-6 enemy ships alone, does it? :)

Worked out for Donald Duck ^^

You are to surround the enemy! :D

• Funny 2

[VH]
Players
172 posts
15,937 battles
8 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

that's not what you intend doing but more often than not you are then going for cover and its puts you even more alone than before or you turn to go back and are then just in open water and still being pounded...………...and if you do hang back you are then just accused of being a pussy camper and not doing what you are supposed to as one of the big guns

Players
1,987 posts
7 minutes ago, oosel said:

that's not what you intend doing but more often than not you are then going for cover and its puts you even more alone than before or you turn to go back and are then just in open water and still being pounded...………...and if you do hang back you are then just accused of being a pussy camper and not doing what you are supposed to as one of the big guns

Well, one must pre-plan the attack and exit routes with any ship before it starts the attack... It doesn't really matter what others say much in the game, you focus on what you think you have to do. If you see an opening in a flank, you can fly there. Map awareness is very important but map control is more important. If you rush a flank without backup (s) and there are (not even 5-6 but) a couple of ships, you'll sink. This is valid for every single ship in the game. Proper flanking is a serious business :Smile_trollface:

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,854 battles

The turrets armour/model and guns are the same as Tier VIII and IX French BB........and those do certainly get busted more then other BB's turrets for some reason.

There were posts complaining about that in reality these turrets had a heavy armoured bulkhead between each pair of guns making it unlikely a hit disableing  a pair of guns would disable the other pair too......WG did not model that....at least not at the time of that posting which was quite a while back i believe.

Players
6,602 posts
10,790 battles
10 minutes ago, oosel said:

There is no universal answer to this but ill say this in general: when you go kiting, you give the enemys the advantage and let them dictate the engagement. Bourgogne is capable of overturning a flank super quick with the help of speedboost and reloadboost. You need to be balsy at times, but this way, you dictate the engagement, catch the enemys on the wrong toe, they dont know how to react and you get an epic YOLO rush. One of the most fun things to do if it works out:

Here I do exactly this and it shows, how Bourgogne can wipe a flank in a few minutes simply with those 2 tools:

• Cool 1

Players
1,987 posts
22 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Worked out for Donald Duck ^^

You are to surround the enemy! :D

Just clipped the best part :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[VH]
Players
172 posts
15,937 battles
15 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

There is no universal answer to this but ill say this in general: when you go kiting, you give the enemys the advantage and let them dictate the engagement. Bourgogne is capable of overturning a flank super quick with the help of speedboost and reloadboost. You need to be balsy at times, but this way, you dictate the engagement, catch the enemys on the wrong toe, they dont know how to react and you get an epic YOLO rush. One of the most fun things to do if it works out:

Here I do exactly this and it shows, how Bourgogne can wipe a flank in a few minutes simply with those 2 tools:

this is  how I always envisage me flanking is going to be but it doesn't always happen lol

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles

Around 15-16 km is the maximum theoretical range, at which the gun in question (380 mm/45 Mle 1935) can still perforate the main belt of Yamato-class, given perfect broadside.

But you can still dive the shell beneath the main belt, and perforate the thinner torpedo belt below the main belt, but what is the maximum range for such perforation should be tested in training room.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,351 battles

1-if the shows broadside and you manage to hit the 200mm under water citadel then yes if not then NO, so most of the time you will not citadel yamato from 20km but you can still get juicy penetration damage.

2-I have done an 40k damage salvo a month ago on a slighty angled stalingrad from 18 km...YES it will destroy any cruiser that shows broadside, maybe not puerto rico since it has an underwater hard to reach one but again will eat massive damage.

3-This ship has earned me a rank 1 in season 14-103 battles, season 15-116 battles and season 18-in 59 battles. She is a monster in ranked at least for me.

Players
6,602 posts
10,790 battles
2 hours ago, oosel said:

this is  how I always envisage me flanking is going to be but it doesn't always happen lol

Well I have to admit that im ofc showing off with a very spectacular replay - doesnt always work out that way :D

Important is just to think ahead as far as possible, keep track of enemys and have situational awareness, so you can judge, with what you are picking a fight with. And then: just practice it. Go for it, try it, have confidence in what you are doing - its gonna work out better and better every time.

4 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

1-if the shows broadside and you manage to hit the 200mm under water citadel then yes if not then NO, so most of the time you will not citadel yamato from 20km but you can still get juicy penetration damage.

Can also cita Kurfürst on 22+ km ;)

Sign in to follow this