Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

0.9.9 - Clan Battles: "Northern Waters" with Mercenaries

11 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,349 posts
4,347 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_099_ClanBrawl_1200x240.jpg-1.jpg

Commanders!

Starts: Wednesday 7th October 13:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Ends: Monday 23rd November 06:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Format: 7 vs. 7 playing Tier X ships
Restrictions: up to two battleships, or one battleship and one aircraft carrier per team
Rewards: up to 11,000 Steel and many other rewards
Maps: Islands of Ice, Sleeping Giant, Warrior's Path, North, Greece, and Northern Waters, in Domination mode
Season features: in the new Season, all maps may feature a cyclone

• The cyclone settles over the sea at the very start of a battle. Players should choose the most appropriate tactics in response to the conditions.
  • Cyclones reduce the viewing radius of aircraft to 8 km.
  • At the fourth minute of a battle, the viewing radius of ships starts to shrink, too. After 30 seconds, it gets reduced to 14 km.
  • After 15 and a half minutes of battle, the cyclone will start to fade away. Its effects will vanish completely after a further 30 seconds.

Essentially, the cyclone is designed to reduce the reconnaissance potential of aircraft carriers in Clan Battles. The option to add a maximum of two battleships or replace one of them with one carrier will make team lineups and battle tactics in the upcoming Season more diverse. For example, it's possible that destroyers might prove to be a popular choice.

Mercenaries

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_099_mercenaries_1200x240.jpg.jpg

Division Commanders now have the option to invite "mercenaries," i.e. players from outside their Clan or from other Clans, to join their Divisions for Clan Battles.

The new feature will allow Clan leaders to test candidates who want to join their Clans in real combat scenarios, or fill roster gaps without having to actually accept new players into the Clan.

Rules:

• To add a mercenary to the team, simply invite them to join your Division. You can search for players via the "Divisions" tab in the game client.
  • After a battle, the mercenary receives rewards based on the current league of the Clan they went into battle with.
  • The mercenary may also receive achievements and emblems for Clan Battles, based on the current league of the Clan they went into battle with.
  • However, the mercenary will not receive the associated economic bonuses of the Clan they fought for.
  • A mercenary from a different Clan will be able to enter battle during the Prime Time of the inviting Clan. The selected Prime Time of the Clan that the mercenary belongs to will not change.

During the "Northern Waters" Season of Clan Battles, only one mercenary can be invited to a Division.

• Bad 1

Weekend Tester
870 posts
6,593 battles

This these Petros/Stalins only + RDR teams.... NoFun at all. :/

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,538 battles

CVs everywhere, not to mention the new friggin' FDR and Russian bias all around, where's the fun?

Also, having one side sporting a cv and the other one not is also messed up.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
468 posts
7,488 battles

Cyclone... Nice buff for thee CV, well done....

Just give it up. KOTS was way better and it had NO cv's.

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
594 posts
10,341 battles

Mercenary thing is great for clans who struggle to assemble a full team.

Rest is ... well, let's not discuss it.

[GURKA]
Players
140 posts
15,199 battles

The only way I can express how crap this season is for DD player is to keep my wallet closed this Christmas. (I normally do buy a lot of containers)

CV plus 12km radar everywhere has ruined the fun experience this game use to give.

• Cool 1

Players
1,055 posts
12,094 battles

Got a question about mercenaries; is it right that youre not supposed to earn steel as a mercenary at all?

* After a battle, the mercenary receives rewards based on the current league of the Clan they went into battle with.

Basically, this seems to fail for me

[WG]
WG Staff
4,349 posts
4,347 battles
V 8. 11. 2020 v 20:12 Isoruku_Yamamoto řekl/a:

Got a question about mercenaries; is it right that youre not supposed to earn steel as a mercenary at all?

* After a battle, the mercenary receives rewards based on the current league of the Clan they went into battle with.

Basically, this seems to fail for me

As is mentioned, mercenary should receive rewards of the clan he entered the battle with, so basically from the missions.

Players
1,055 posts
12,094 battles

Hm, that definitely did NOT work for me..... Don't have the full proof, but you can see from the picture that there was no progress even though i fought in storm & i havent completed all those missions. 
I don't care about a battle or two for rewards, but i thought it didnt work

shot-20_11.08_20_09.12-0284.thumb.jpg.f9a480738eadd1744c1c1f03b5c54bc7.jpg

shot-20.11.08_20.09.16-0695.jpg

Sign in to follow this