YabbaCoe

0.9.9 - U.S. Battleships: Part 1

17 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,371 posts
4,348 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_099_main_1200x480.jpg.jpg

American battleships flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4VIII Kansas and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Minnesota have arrived in Early Access!

flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4VIII Kansas can be obtained by completing all the Directives, while flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Minnesota can be obtained from random bundles that are available in the Armory in exchange for doubloons.

American Tokens: a new temporary resource that can be earned by progressing through Directives of the event and by completing special chains of combat missions. They will also be available for Recruitment Points in the Armory, and via random bundles that will be available in exchange for doubloons.

Rewards available in exchange for American Tokens: sequentially available bundles and other rewards that can be found in the Armory.

Rewards from the sequentially available bundles: signals; expendable camouflages; Gold Eagle permanent camouflages for flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4VIII Kansas, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Minnesota, and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4X Vermont; flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VII Florida with a Gold Eagle permanent camouflage and commemorative flag; days of Premium Account; and Coal.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Kansas_golden_eagle_EN_1920x1080.jpg

Features of the New Branch

• Numerous main battery guns with a solid salvo weight and firing range, which come at the expense of longer gun reloading times.
  • Great maneuverability for the ship type and good anti-torpedo protection, but they are rather slow.
  • Decent AA defenses, additionally reinforced by access to the Defensive AA Fire consumable.

When Update 0.9.11 goes live, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4VIII Kansas, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Minnesota, and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4X Vermont will be available for all players to research.

Read more >>>

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
148 posts
30,436 battles

Except your news article says that u can get 3000 tokens from first directive to open first bundle - but you CANNOT - adds up 2700 after all missions done. Some maths tuition needed guys.

[WWHUN]
Players
3 posts

Hello,

First: Thank you a lot of new things I think they are very good.

And a question or feedback about Minnesota

I play with this ship usually in Co-op for missions, but it takes credit. If i play e.g N Carolina, I have no credit loss. 

I think It pays poorly, but there is a lot of cost to it. Is this ok or not? Maybe you do not know about this problem?

I like to understand it, if I do not know something well  :)

Thank You

WG Staff
1,395 posts
774 battles
2 hours ago, HunCat said:

Hello,

First: Thank you a lot of new things I think they are very good.

And a question or feedback about Minnesota

I play with this ship usually in Co-op for missions, but it takes credit. If i play e.g N Carolina, I have no credit loss. 

I think It pays poorly, but there is a lot of cost to it. Is this ok or not? Maybe you do not know about this problem?

I like to understand it, if I do not know something well  :)

Thank You

Hi Captain, 

Minnesota is a high-tier battleship. Therefore, its maintenance costs are high. 

Try to consult this “How it Works” :

They may make the situation clearer for you. Try also to gain more credits by using camos and signals, they can help you a lot. 😊

[WWHUN]
Players
3 posts

Hi, thanks for answer.

It is ok maybe, but... I tired it signal and camos and result is not much better :(

Georgia is in same tier and its cost is low and credit is good... hmm 

So I can accept it,  just wired.

Thank You

[WG]
WG Staff
4,371 posts
4,348 battles

Commanders!

You might have noticed that the conditions of the US Battleships 1 last Directive implied completing any 6 out of 8 missions.

Initially these conditions were supposed to be “Complete any 5 missions”. Wrong conditions were the result of a technical error. The conditions were already changed to “Complete 5 out of 8 missions”.

Unfortunately, all the players who have already finished 5 missions of this Directive before the fix was applied will have to complete one more mission on order to complete the Directive. This is due to technical features of the combat missions system.

We apologize for possible inconveniences.

• Bad 3

[BATES]
Players
763 posts
10,857 battles
On 10/8/2020 at 6:59 PM, HunCat said:

Hi, thanks for answer.

It is ok maybe, but... I tired it signal and camos and result is not much better :(

Georgia is in same tier and its cost is low and credit is good... hmm 

So I can accept it,  just wired.

Thank You

Hello, Georgia is a Premium ship, it has lowered costs. Check the links shared by theWarJac on how it works economics in game. If you go higher tiers, you need to play very well to not lose credits.

Else, if you play bad you have 2 options:

1) use signals

2) buy premium account

[LUSOS]
Players
327 posts
18,985 battles

Just got my Kansas, went for my 1st battle and I have one question:

Did i get an incomplete ship? Because my secondary guns dont work!

image.thumb.png.8e92d66c0b649809a6f5833298bfccb8.png

166 shot, 59 hits; And 58 did 0 (ZERO) dmg?
The only dmg from these guns is 594 HP from 1 hit on a dd?

Pls, anyone else with this ship tell me its just my guns that are broken o_O

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
56 posts
17,894 battles

Thanks for being able to obtain the Kansas and the special camo for just playing.

That being said, i'm not a BB main nor wil i ever claim to be but if the higher tier American battle snails are anything like that Kansas then i won't bother.

- SLOW, dang these boats are slow...

-Reload, DANG EVEN slower LOL...

-Accuracy, nope just nope.. cant even hit the same area code with the proper lead.

-Lead needed to get any shells on target with the current air drag... wtfrack aren't people supposed to have fun in these boats?

And then i'm not even talking about maneuvering targets..

-Non existent armor, being permanently on fire(or so it feels like)

-Being spotted from the moon.

-Torpedo dodging? don't even think about that with this lack of speed, thicc cross section and rudder shift times.

On a positive note:

Am a Cruiser and DD main so the lack of Russian bias is very strong is these boats, hope all BB players play these so i can farm them for days with HE and torps.

Sadly they did not give the Russian fantasy BB the same treatment :cap_horn:

Thanks WG!:cap_win:

[VLOOT]
[VLOOT]
Players
261 posts
18,912 battles

After the grind, you get the Kansas....  So what do you do with it? You play it once. Then you think is it really that bad? Yup So you do a few more games for the US tokens and then? Then you park it.

CHRIST!!! This ship is bad. Speed, reload, dispersion, armour everything is SO bad. I sincerely think that a manoeuvrable DD can kill you with just his main guns.

If you really need to grind the last few days to make it, don't. It is SO not worth it. I felt SO bad being in a team with a ship this bad, i went for the remaining damage in coop.

WG, the last few dockyards and grinds like this all had shitty ships at the end of the line. Isn't it about time for a ship you actually enjoy playing?

PS and at the end of the line there is a camo as ugly non war-type as hell for a ship you don't want to play... Thank you.. so awesome

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,366 posts
9,366 battles

Kansas is a bit of a pain to play. A combination of slow speed, relatively slow shell velocity, mediocre dispersion and terrible reload makes her a very bad ship. If its main gun reload was buffed to 35 seconds and it recieved 2kts it would still be a meh ship but at least playable.

My advice is: Don't play these ships as you're only a detrement to your team if you're in one. Instead wait until WG realises that nobody plays them and decides to buff them. Though this could take months.

• Cool 3

Players
1 post
2,842 battles
On 10/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, RamboCras said:

After the grind, you get the Kansas....  So what do you do with it? You play it once. Then you think is it really that bad? Yup So you do a few more games for the US tokens and then? Then you park it.

CHRIST!!! This ship is bad. Speed, reload, dispersion, armour everything is SO bad. I sincerely think that a manoeuvrable DD can kill you with just his main guns.

If you really need to grind the last few days to make it, don't. It is SO not worth it. I felt SO bad being in a team with a ship this bad, i went for the remaining damage in coop.

I agree with you and many others players, Kansas is really bad. I will just play this ship to get 400 US tokens and never play her again, it's a pain for me and the rest of team.

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
3,782 battles

Kansas is the worst thing i ever played in a wargaming game by far.

I can take the low speed and the atrocious sigma, But this reload coupled with the pathetic speed of the shells and a strong tendency to bounce when it finally hits a boat, it's just too much. 

This ship is a stack of flaws without a single redeeming quality.

I don't want to bash anyone but seriously It's really hard to believe someone got the stats in hands and thought "Oh yeah, it's fine. Enough good and bad stuff on this ship, let's release."  

Kansas is atrocious to play.

• Cool 1

Players
3,421 posts
16,738 battles

To be fair to the Kansas, when its shells hit other ships they hit HARD.

In my last battle, I sank three ships.

Mind you, two of them were in an adjacent map due to the poor dispersion, but hey.................:Smile_trollface:

[TOXIC]
Players
80 posts
4,812 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Admiral_H_Nelson sagte:

To be fair to the Kansas, when its shells hit other ships they hit HARD.

Yes, but that's a BIG "when" with 1.6 sigma which means that you need a small miracle to hit a decent portion of your shells, and even if you do you these shells deal significantly less damage on a per-shell basis than N.C.,  Vladiwostok or Amagi, just to name a few of the available 16inch options, and have an alpha about comparable to same-tier 15inch ships like Bismarck, Monarch or Richelieu.

Seriously, WG, I get that Kansas has one gun turrest more than N.C. and that, though she already pays for it with mobility, those guns can't have quite the same excellent gun stats as N.C. enjoys. And if that nerf has to be to not give it superheavy AP shells or let it have a worse reload: So be it, I'm fine with that. But giving her the alpha of a 15inch gun while at the same time crippling her reload AND cursing her with this absolutely horrifying sigma and ballistics is just too much in my opinionand leave this supposedly gun-heavy ship severely underarmed. And to top it off the three new ships are the only US tech tree BBs that don't get the 0.66%-heal, which is just another nerf compared to the other line.

When this line was announced I was playing Colorado a lot at the time and I actually quite liked her, so I actually looked forward to these ships being released. When I saw that they were to get 40s reload I was sceptical but still decided to give them a chance. When the alpha and sigma nerfs hit I was starting to write them off, but now, having played Kansas, I seriously doubt that I will touch her in her current state ever again after  I got my 500k damage. I played and play ships that are objectively mediocre at best because I just like their playstyle, so I would have really liked for this to be a good or at least mediocre ship as I pretty much liked Colorado and her playstyle, but in this state Kansas is just absolutely terrible.

Which also goes to everbody grinding right now: No need to invest any time or resources into getting this ship, it's REALLY not worth it.

• Cool 2

Players
7 posts

Found the event extremely tedious boiling down to an endless grind due to the missions having to be fulfilled in specific ship classes etc. It totally discouraged me from playing or enjoying the game and I increasingly felt enslaved by stupid missions instead of enjoying the game. Those crappy missions just basically forced me into coop as in randoms, those missions would have led me to do useless things just for the sake of the mission...to the detriment of my own team.

After the Anchorage grind and this one, I m basically done. Your mission design boils down to a terribad endless grind where you have to play ships you don t wanna play or in a way that is simply detrimental to the team effort instead of making ppl enjoy the game...so yeah guess how likely it is now after the past months that I d spend money....let alone that this very design led my friends to feel frustrated and play less and less (CV presence added to it as well)...basically they all don t wanna play anymore and I - despite unicum stats and generally doing well - also wonder why I should.

Seeing what you re trying to do with submarines next, I just can go like "omg, the ppl in charge totally lost the plot or are generally clueless"...