You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tatsfield

Prefered Commander Endurance Skills

4 comments in this topic

Question

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,623 battles

I am about to gain the last point for an 19 point commander for my Fred the Grocer.  I will have 4 unassigned points and would value advice as to whether the points would be best used to add Fire Prevention to reduce the max number of fires or to split them between High Alert to reduce damage control time and Jack of all Trades to reduce consumable loading time.  I'm looking at a tank bias.

3 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,580 posts
13,966 battles

A standard BB survivability build would look like this;

image.thumb.png.d41832257e983d94322a5dc2bffecfef.png

PT helps keep you aware of when you are targetted which can provide otherwise unknowable intel and some degree of risk assessment and second hand detection of enemies.

AR is a powerful damage output increase, particularly for ships like BBs which can manage their HP more closely (keeping it low for a higher buff)

SI gives you an additional heal, which by itself can extend your survivabiity by a considerable amount if you can manage the rate at which you take damage. Other extra consumables are a bonus.

CE lowers your concealment, reducing the range that you must maintain to keep control over your own detectability and forcing enemies who wish to spot you when you try to drop concealment to be closer in order to spot you.

FP adds a massive amount of protection against HE by combining the 2 superstructure fires into 1 single fire, reducing fire damage on a ship like GK which is resistant to HE but still vulnerable to the fires they start.

BOS further protects you from fire by reducing the potential damage of individual fires, allowing you to let a single fire burn while sustaining less damage and conserving damage control for when you sustain multiple, simultaneous fires (which should be less often thanks to FP) and adds some similar protection against floods.

EM helps to keep your guns on your targets as you turn or reduces delay when you switch target, reducing the chance you miss an opportunity to fire at an exposed broadside.

HA and JOAT are less desirable because for 2/4 points you are only reducing the cooldown of these consumables by a small amount and most of them you are not going to be pressing the very second they are available, but rather when you need them (which more often means holding on to them).
Whether you take PT or PM is personal preference mostly but BBs rarely need the added protection to modules that the skill provides, whereas PT can be valuable every game.

SE is a popular skill on the huge HP GK to push it closer to 110k hp, but the added ~3% hp does little to nothing to extend the ships survivability, even with the small bonus to repair party that it causes the total effective HP added by the skill is much less than other skills when the ship is played correctly.

• Cool 1

Players
527 posts
25,475 battles

I would go for Fire Prevention. This allows you to play as a Tank Build.

Fire Prevention is one of the Go-to Skills you want to get if you can.

The Other is Concealment Expert and the Secondary Battery Skills if you want to do a Secondary Build.

• Cool 1

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,623 battles

Thanks for the advice.  I will go for FP and complete my BB 19 point commander.