You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
seXikanac

Why they don't count teammate trajectory when making me pink?

58 comments in this topic

Players
95 posts
1,462 battles

I fired torpedoes to enemy and than my teammate changed his/her trajectory and moved to receive my torpedoes salvo. Now I'm pink for 6 battles. Isn't that dumb from WG since its 100% teammates fault

• Cool 2
  • Funny 21
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 9

[WRV]
Players
67 posts
473 battles
Vor 11 Minuten, seXikanac sagte:

I fired torpedoes...

3 words and i know where it's heading to

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

[SM0KE]
Players
5,835 posts
14,106 battles

What @GarrusBrutus said - a key skill to focus on when learning to use torps is that of predicting where everyone (on both sides) can/will be for the duration of your torps' run-time. This is especially important with slower running torps and/or those with longer range.

If your torp(s) hit your own side, it is *always* your fault, and an apology is in order.

@seXikanac - to start with, only fire torps where it is physically impossible to hit an ally, even if it means missing some opportunities; you can - slowly - get less risk-averse, as your experience and prediction skills get better. Regardless, you will still occasionally hit allies (we all do now and again, especially in Coop melees); in all cases, accept it is your fault, apologise, and move on.

• Cool 5

[CAIN]
Players
4,518 posts
19,103 battles
16 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

I fired torpedoes to enemy and than my teammate changed his/her trajectory and moved to receive my torpedoes salvo. Now I'm pink for 6 battles. Isn't that dumb from WG since its 100% teammates fault

This below:

8 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

No its dumb from you. Dont torp from behind. Players dont expect to get torped from their own teammates so they will almost never look behind them.

Your torps, your fault.

There is a small chance, that WG is to blame here.

See, WG assumes, that the players are able to think and breathe at the same time. 

WG also assumes, that the players - on top of the prevoius requirements - are able to look at the mini map, understand what's happening there, AND occasionally leave the zoom view. 

Not to mention, that WG assumes that the players actually give a damn. 

So yeah, i blame WG. ^^

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
3,106 posts
19,522 battles
16 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Mkay. Once torpedoes are fired they are on no ones team. Make sure you learn to not fire torpedoes from the second line, and take every silly manouvre a friendly can make into account. Also, since they are your torps, and you fired them, make sure to apologise. Noting grinds my tits as someone blaming a teammate sailing into friendly torpedoes.

• Cool 6

[BBMM]
Players
6,148 posts
8,082 battles
18 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

I fired torpedoes to enemy...

Nooooodude... you fired torpedoes from the back, and you thought that nobody had the right to intrude on your precious wall of skill.

Remember: once the torpedo has left the tube, it is no longer your (or anyones) friend. Or soon you'll be just playing co-op...

The "move beeeatch get outta the way" attitude doesn't work here. You'll go pink... and worse.

Move Bitch Get Out the way - drunk dad - quickmeme

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
6,751 posts
7 minutes ago, Europizza said:

and take every silly manouvre a friendly can make into account.

Ok this is silly in itself, one would literally never fire torps from some ships in this case and you sort of have to because they are balance around having them and you gimp your performance somewhat if you never use them...

I mean I am not against the current system but some team mates also need to grow a brain cell or two...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,583 posts
17,591 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, Yedwy sagte:

I mean I am not against the current system but some team mates also need to grow a brain cell or two...

Given that turning pink does not give you any malus these few occasions are neglectable.

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Players
530 posts
18,383 battles
37 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

You're always looking behind you for incoming firendly torpedoes right?

you know by the time the warning starts to beep, it's way too late to evade for him? 

100% your fault!

• Cool 3

Players
3,106 posts
19,522 battles
10 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Ok this is silly in itself, one would literally never fire torps from some ships in this case and you sort of have to because they are balance around having them and you gimp your performance somewhat if you never use them...

You take every silly manouvre into account and decide if you want to fire or not. It means you are responsible if you do no matter what happens, and should not be surprised or god forbid mad or angry if someone does the inexplicable. Never. You hold on to your balls and apologise.

Now about those braincells on most teammates :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,908 battles

You can launch torpedo's from the 2nd line......just don't complain when you turn "pink" for a few matches when someone helms into them. It happens now and then. It wears off. It is no big deal.

There must be very few players that never turned "pink". Take the "pink" like a grizzled WOWS veteran....it won't be the last time your name will be coloured like that : when in zoomed view you won't always notice some :Smile_facepalm: parked his ship so close blocking  your guns either.....

Players
581 posts
5,199 battles

6 battles means this isnt your first warning recently. last time i sour fished a team mate i only got 2 pink battles.

its your choice where you shoot, and your team mate doent have a rear view camera. 

while i agree a visual indication of where friendly torps are going would be very useful, it would also be exploitable.

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
2,690 posts
11,989 battles

Who else is looking forward to Kitakame entering the game??

:cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[BBMM]
Players
6,148 posts
8,082 battles
12 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Shouldn't that be "LOOKING REARWARD" whenever a Kitakami has entered a game? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
27,400 posts
14,560 battles
2 hours ago, seXikanac said:

Because your teammates have the right to evade enemy fire.

Do not block them in with your torpedos. You will get them sunk one way or another.

And since you are the one at the trigger, you are responsible!

• Cool 8

[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Because your teammates have the right to evade enemy fire.

Do not block them in with your torpedos. You will get them sunk one way or another.

And since you are the one at the trigger, you are responsible!

Thanks for summing that up. The need to evade incoming fire and the previously explained need to keep your sights at the enemy as there are many of them are imo the biggest reasons why not to torp from the second line. 

Your torps, your fault indeed. I did so last week too. So I apologized to the one I hit and moved on. Bit of pink never hurt anyone, except for the one you torped maybe ;)

• Cool 2

Players
118 posts
3,845 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

No its dumb from you. Dont torp from behind. Players dont expect to get torped from their own teammates so they will almost never look behind them.

Your torps, your fault.

Number of near misses is crazy from team mates launching torps from 3 - 6 km behind my DD

To make it worse the torps fired don’t have the range to hit anything e.g. Nurnberg firing at a target 10 km away 🙃

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,908 battles
54 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

It's not that......but in the event WG would decide to sell it for money.....:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,148 posts
8,082 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

It's not that......but in the event WG would decide to sell it for money.....:Smile_hiding:

Hahahahahahaha LOLOLOLOLLOLLLL

No they wouldn't... :Smile_trollface:

OK they probably will. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[GWR]
Players
490 posts
8,697 battles
3 hours ago, seXikanac said:

once fired your torps are friendly to no one, stop whining and man up that you made a mistake, unfortunately you'll probably do it again because you haven't learnt from it

[XYZ]
Players
283 posts
5 hours ago, seXikanac said:

I vastly prefer team damage being allowed alongside some extremely rare false positives. Pink doesnt really do anything if you are more careful from then on,  and is even useful for your allies to keep easier track of you on the minimap...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,756 posts
12,052 battles
4 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Ok this is silly in itself, one would literally never fire torps from some ships

Which ships?

DDs? They should actually find it the easiest - when they fire torps, they should be the closest ship to the enemy in 80-90% cases.

Cruisers with long torps? Tend to be stealthy and the torps usually aren't THAT long anyway - I'd say around half their torping opportunities happen when they are the closest to the enemy.

Cruisers and BBs with short torps? They mostly use torps for brawling, when the enemy is REALLY close - exposing broadside at mid-range to fire the torps would be borderline suicidal.

So, where are the ships that would literally never be able to fire torps if they only stuck to situations where hitting allies is physically impossible? I can't come up with one such example.

4 hours ago, Yedwy said:

...and, for example, forego angling against enemy fire or escaping from a bad situation because some dimwit torped through their escape route?

I mean, sure. There are plenty bad players and even utter idiots on the seas. But the number of cases when eating friendly torps is a result of the victim's stupidity are negligible.