You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wulf_Ace

PetroP AA?

51 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Players
336 posts
3,666 battles

Ok I understand that you all hate CVs and stuff, but when we talk about OP things do you really turn your eyes off on Petropavlovsk AA??

His AA kills squadron of planes in 1,5 seconds! that is just ridiculous! Full HP bomber squadron dies in seconds and that is ok? No nerf there? Everyhing working as intended, you my friends are not allowed to attack russian ships.

• Funny 7
  • Boring 5

[PANEU]
Players
929 posts
2,113 battles
Gerade eben, Wulf_Ace sagte:

Ok I understand that you all hate CVs and stuff, but when we talk about OP things do you really turn your eyes off on Petropavlovsk AA??

His AA kills squadron of planes in 1,5 seconds! that is just ridiculous! Full HP bomber squadron dies in seconds and that is ok? No nerf there? Everyhing working as intended, you my friends are not allowed to attack russian ships.

You problably ate black clouds. But yeah feels bad man if the petro is on the same level of an AL newsky even tho the nevsky is considered an AA ship. But hey the op or better annoying thing about Russian ships is that their aa is 6.8 km firing. 

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
336 posts
3,666 battles
1 minute ago, Aixin said:

You problably ate black clouds. But yeah feels bad man if the petro is on the same level of an AL newsky even tho the nevsky is considered an AA ship. But hey the op or better annoying thing about Russian ships is that their aa is 6.8 km firing. 

Only place you can approach that ship is from behind an island, with torpedo planes.

[PANEU]
Players
929 posts
2,113 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Wulf_Ace sagte:

Only place you can approach that ship is from behind an island, with torpedo planes.

No sorry. They are annoying ships to deal with but you can deal with them. 

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles

Petro AA

image.png.0cc0da3ec9fc17c8c4a2b0b3b802bd35.png

Montana AA

image.png.9fce9a65742cbdd5d322ac5327824cf1.png

Monty even has fighter plane for extra planekills.

And even with the worse hit%, Montana deals more damage.

Any ship will wipe your squad if you take Flak. Petro longrange (as any longrange AA) is pathetic. ~50 damage per tick? like really :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
336 posts
3,666 battles
20 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Petro AA

image.png.0cc0da3ec9fc17c8c4a2b0b3b802bd35.png

Montana AA

image.png.9fce9a65742cbdd5d322ac5327824cf1.png

Monty even has fighter plane for extra planekills.

And even with the worse hit%, Montana deals more damage.

Any ship will wipe your squad if you take Flak. Petro longrange (as any longrange AA) is pathetic. ~50 damage per tick? like really :cap_fainting:

Ok stats friend, take CV go to PetroP with your planes and come back again and say I am wrong

• Funny 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
57 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Ok stats friend, take CV go to PetroP with your planes and come back again and say I am wrong

You are kind of wrong. The main strenght of the Petro is that aura range and flak range which are quite high. But as soon as you get within the midrange aura the AA values drop hard and you are free to have your way with it. Also as an added bonus the air concealment is higher than the AA range, so you will always have some warning before you start to take damage and can plan yor strike.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,106 posts
20,018 battles
1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Yes.

Because Petro AA is pathetic.

1 hour ago, The_White_Whale said:

Plane kills are in blue, these are the top ships of T10, it's safe to say the Petro AA is quite potent.

Average plane kills is a worthless metric as fighters are counted.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
290 posts
12,670 battles

Have you tried not eating the big black thick smoke clouds?

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
1 hour ago, Miki12345 said:

But those are EXTRA yummy

• Funny 2

Players
571 posts
21,618 battles
1 hour ago, Miki12345 said:

Wait, you're not supposed to collect all of them?

• Funny 2

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
10 minutes ago, Araloth_of_Talsyn said:

because russian fantasy ships have 220 mm dual purpose guns, lol

Eh yammy technically had dual purpose 460’s not that they actually did anything though.

Just a player who can’t dodge basically.

Players
221 posts
2,755 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Eh yammy technically had dual purpose 460’s not that they actually did anything though

Which has what to do with anything?

There was an AA shell for the British 15'' too but I don't see what that has to do with Russian fantasy guns.

[SKRUB]
Players
552 posts
21,322 battles
28 minutes ago, The_White_Whale said:

That even with "fantasy" AA, AA is still garbadge ?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,937 posts
5,356 battles
55 minutes ago, Araloth_of_Talsyn said:

Except they're not, the Nevsky has 180mm DP guns, the Petey's 220mm guns are not DP.

Don't belive me? Check in game yourself.

• Cool 1

[-RAF-]
Players
842 posts
5,824 battles
6 ore fa, Wulf_Ace ha scritto:

were you the person i met today in tears of desert? i was in a midway, you shot down 100 in clan battle practice, 44 yesterday 33 previous match

on your topic, well, i can do it :) i can attack petro with no problems :))

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
34 minutes ago, The_White_Whale said:

There was an AA shell for the British 15'' too but I don't see what that has to do with Russian fantasy guns.

Well it shows that even bigger guns can be useless as AA guns.

It also shows you have no clue about how there arent any 220mm dp guns in the game on the russian side.

Petropolovskys AA is trash end of.

Learn to dodge, or better yet learn to play. Theres a bloody reason why the phrase exists.

jesus christ.

Players
221 posts
2,755 battles
8 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

It also shows you have no clue about how there arent any 220mm dp guns in the game on the russian side.

Where did I say there was? What are you talking about?

Learn to have a cohesive thought.

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
9 hours ago, The_White_Whale said:

Where did I say there was? What are you talking about?

Learn to have a cohesive thought.

basically my point is, that gun caliber is not relevant when it comes to aa strength (jean bart being a prime example of this) and that essentially if those two (the guy i qouted and op) want o have a better way then they should learn to dodge flak.

and yes my first comment could of been better but i thought you were the guy i was qouting to in the first place.

because even if yammy had dual purpose guns you could still rekt her as cvs can strike from anywhere at anytime, using island slingshotting etc.

also you have still yet to say she doesn’t have dp 220’s. If this isn’t satisfactory then oh well.

good day.

[TTT]
Players
1,444 posts
13,334 battles
15 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

You are wrong... Stop Eating FLAK Clouds or please stop playing CV

Other much better CV players have told you so see below quote

14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Yes.

Because Petro AA is pathetic.

And i agree with that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 hours ago, The_White_Whale said:

Plane kills are in blue, these are the top ships of T10, it's safe to say the Petro AA is quite potent.

Screenshot_2020-09-27 WoWS Stats Numbers EU - Warships detailed statistics.png

Considering this ship is new and most likely to see more planes then a halland or Smalland or Worchester it is only logical that it does see more plane kills it has only a tentht of the matches played in comparison.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.d7a293e46d80f2ba1cc510226c652f62.png

9 hours ago, Araloth_of_Talsyn said:

LOL Wouldn't it be great to educate one self before spouting nonsense... lol

On topic of nerfing that boat does need one, but her main problem is not the AA never was never will be.

[RONIN]
Players
336 posts
3,666 battles
3 hours ago, DasTongle said:

You are wrong... Stop Eating FLAK Clouds or please stop playing CV

Other much better CV players have told you so see below quote

Ok show me, take Richtofen bombers,  attack PP and make a video about it. Use AA on PetroP. I give them 2 second of life.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
336 posts
3,666 battles
13 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Eh yammy technically had dual purpose 460’s not that they actually did anything though.

Just a player who can’t dodge basically.

Even though the 3 Shiki tsûjôdan shells comprised 40% of the total main ammunition load of the Yamato-class battleships by 1944, they were rarely used in combat against enemy aircraft.

Well we cant be sure that they were ultra ineffective, they just weren't used. 

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Ok show me, take Richtofen bombers,  attack PP and make a video about it. Use AA on PetroP. I give them 2 second of life.

WSAD keys exist for a reason, you know. Once you realize that and pay attention to how flak spawns, odds are you will stop bumbling how "OP" anti air is... because its not.