Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Execute0rder66

Give New Players a Fun to Play Environment that's free of CVs, subs and seal clubbers

131 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,987 posts

 I usually don't play below tier 7 but because wanted to get the RB ships, I needed to regrind many lines and started playing from tier 3-4. What I witnessed in these low tier games is many new players with 50-60 games being butchered either by experienced players like myself and/or CVs. For this reason, I think there should be a protected MM or a separate mode that is free of CVs, subs, seal clubbers in order to keep new players in the game. One point is to ease the torture new players have to go through until tier 5 and give them an environment where they can learn and have fun because each game is twenty minutes, the learning curve is very steep and long which may be discouraging to many newbies. Another point is to preserve new player population (as everyday there are new comers and leavers like newborns and deads) which is good for the game. 

 

At the moment there is no protected MM in the way i described above or a separate mode for new players. 

 

If you have other suggestions please share.

 

 

Just a side note; I read sometimes in the forum people talk about a protected MM which I failed to experience yet. Many times I was down tiered in the very first game with the ships (low and high tier)  that has no upgrades,  modules and trained captain. But this is not the subject, please focus on the thread title. 

 

Thanks.

  • Cool 21
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,231 posts
9,060 battles
11 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Just a side note; I read sometimes in the forum people talk about a protected MM which I failed to experience yet.

 

First 200 games for new players, including Coop. And only T1-4, so if they play T5, they are out of protected MM even if they would have only 5 games.

 

In general, i agree. But this should be extended much further.

- 100 protected battles / tier, so if you have 900 battles and play TX, you play against Bots. If you have 1001 games played, you enter regular queue. Bot difficulty should rise the higher you go.

- Ranked should also be atleast 1000 (random) battles minimum.

 

Obviously in WGs tiny mind, they prefer alienating 80% of the new players by the time they reach T4, and take the 20% who will throw 500€ at them to buy several hightier premiums.

And T4 CVs need to be removed from randoms. If you keep them, make a seperate campaign/operations style mode for them, which you play solo and learn the CV basics. Upon completing it, you unlock T6 CVs. Noone needs to play several thousand Hosho games only to farm ships which have no AA.

  • Cool 17
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
576 posts
5,199 battles

i fully support the idea of protected mm being based on the individual player, not the ship they are in.

but i dont support the complaining about cv and subs for existing.

 

what i do support is paper top hulls for t3/t4 ships so they have AA guns.

hell, kolberg has guns, specifically called aa guns, that are modelled on the ship, but has zero aa stats. that bs needs fixed.

 

low tier ships are a lot of fun to play without the back line camping eunuch behaviour of top tiers, and opening that up as a fun environment will help the game a lot.

 

with all the aim assist sigma, shell velocity, island camping and control freak narcissism that goes on past t7/8 encouraging new players into that environment, only to then deal with the broken mess of t10 game meta, is a mistake. 

 

you want more people in this game, stop treating tier 10 as "the goal", and start identifying ways to make the game fun using the variation within the game to appeal to different audiences.

complaining about cv and subs destabilising the camp'n'snipe meta isnt going to do that.

for example, adding a +/- 15% arming time rng to torps would help deter point blank torps

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
936 posts
9,628 battles

I don't really mind seal clubbers.

 

The other two on the other hand...

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,987 posts
2 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

I don't really mind seal clubbers

Of course you don't.  You are a seal clubber yourself with over 9K games. :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JOLLY]
Players
448 posts
11,648 battles
56 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

First 200 games for new players, including Coop. And only T1-4, so if they play T5, they are out of protected MM even if they would have only 5 games.

which now that XP requirements for upshipping have been reduced, along with other bonuses such as a 200% weekend, shove many an unsuspecting newbie into the shark pool, without camo, without upgrades, without captain skills (or at best with only 1 point), in their rusty (no camo) new floating citadel (Emerald).

A true horror story that occurs everyday on WOWS blood spattered servers. Reminds me of those movies where naive young newbie students traipsing around Europe..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,836 battles

I did a RB reset over 5 lines......one of them DD and one of them Cruiser.

 

Am i being sealclubbed by CV ? Thought not.....these CV are a welcome snack and XP bonus at the end of matches. Almost like in COOP.

 

The truth ofcourse is these tier IV CV are almost harmless being nerfed to kingdome come and giving "chipping damage" a whole new meaning aswell as testing the CV players patience with snail air "speed" taking forever to get somewhere and in the hands of new players are completely harmless.....and are there to let new players get used to them being present in matches and aquire WASD evasive skills toward attacking planes they will need in higher tiers.

 

OP should sail a Langley and try to shake a persuing DD off.......i think he would be enlightened by new expreiences and ashamed at the same time for talking :Smile_facepalm: about low tier CV.

 

( hint : the DD could easily run 3 celebrative circles around that fleeing CV before lauching a torpedos.......just for the heck of it.... )

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
936 posts
9,628 battles
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Of course you don't.  You are a seal clubber yourself with over 9K games. :cap_haloween:

Yes. I sealclub at tier 10.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,987 posts
10 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Yes. I sealclub at tier 10.

Sure, many of us too but it doesn't change the fact that we have the potential to seal club low tiers as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
929 posts
2,091 battles

The seal clubbing is even more there than usual since WG forces everyone into T4 for this campaign. I did the first stage in 12 hosho games because it's the fastest way.. Of course I felt sorry for my enemys and bad for playing hosho but it is what is it. I would appreciate if they removed T4 cvs completely or at least buff the aa on t3 and T4 to t5 Niveau at least..... 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
31 posts
532 battles

Agree with OP. 

 

CVs are more than annoying in lower tiers, especially, when those tryhard WR/PR farming sealclubber divisions with CVs are involved. I guess, getting farmed by more skilled players in higher tiers prevents them from getting their WR/PR there? :Smile_trollface:

 

 

I've reset lines 17 times so far, and DDs only once.

While i am better in DDs, and the XP rewards are on average higher then in other classes, it's not really fun with so many CVs around. 

That's why i exclusively reset cruiser lines and the italian CA line is my most resetted line.

 

SAP always performs and is a big frak you to each and every other ship i face, even the angled ones.

When a CV decides to go for me, i have the "now you see me, now you don't" smoke.

 

Radar cruisers do not concern me, as i'm staying at least 10km from any islands and once they get spotted, i focus them.

 

After resetting this line 12 times so far, it gets a bit stale tho, so if all the CVs could just frak off for 2 weeks, so i can reset something else for a change, it would be really appreciated. :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,102 posts
8,022 battles
28 minutes ago, Aixin said:

The seal clubbing is even more there than usual since WG forces everyone into T4 for this campaign. I did the first stage in 12 hosho games because it's the fastest way.. Of course I felt sorry for my enemys and bad for playing hosho but it is what is it. I would appreciate if they removed T4 cvs completely or at least buff the aa on t3 and T4 to t5 Niveau at least..... 

Well, they'll claim that ships like Viribus Unitis and Dreadnought had no AA in real life either. BUT...

Then again they should also make sure half of the torpedoes are duds and 30% of planes have a crash landing... setting the CV on fire.:Smile_trollface:

 

The problem really is, double CVs at T4. And then they buffed some and gave them two torps. OMG.

Happy I grinded them when they were still one torp, at least ten showers did the trick. :Smile_hiding:

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,145 posts
13,719 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

( hint : the DD could easily run 3 celebrative circles around that fleeing CV before lauching a torpedos.......just for the heck of it.... )

If that is the case either you are in a bad position rightfully farmed , or your team has died away and it is lost anyway and you deserve it for not killing this DD by spotting him earlier and attacking when he was busy with other ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,019 battles
4 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

At the moment there is no protected MM in the way i described above or a separate mode for new players. 

Why bother protecting new player from the horrors this game has to offer? The sooner they understand the better.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,145 posts
13,719 battles
23 minutes ago, _Thor_Odinson_ said:

when those tryhard WR/PR farming sealclubber divisions with CVs are involved

Guilty here:Smile_hiding:, but with a div hosho/clemson we were able to complete t4 mission winning every time, thus maximising the XP gains and making it as short as possible without playing coop and facing similar divs made it a nice challenge a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,231 posts
9,060 battles
17 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well, they'll claim that ships like Viribus Unitis and Dreadnought had no AA in real life either. BUT...

 

image.png.2245b0858ecb60cffbbb478ae2ff581a.png

I guess WG can claim a lot of things :cap_fainting:

7cm dual purpose and 66mm AA guns... better than nothing id say

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,063 posts
10,871 battles

So Op can play at low tiers when it suits him bit other experienced players not.  Got it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
350 posts
5,465 battles

I watched over 17  hours of commentary by expert players on bb class and internet research before installing this 35 gb game client also played good number of coops on my frens account to get a hang of aiming sniping smoke shooting etc . Imo if new comers invest a bit of time just by watching replays they will learn most of the things and just they gotta replicate the same in gameplay .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,776 battles
4 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Why bother protecting new player from the horrors this game has to offer? The sooner they understand the better.

ROFL. How apropos (lol).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles
7 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

 I usually don't play below tier 7

You should, t6 it's a blast and personally i never felt as comfortable playing bottom tier as i do with t6's. Overall they are very capable ships, the most capable if you ask me.

they are not perfect but they are the soft spot. 

T5 are very fragile and at t7, cruisers starts to lose their qualities, at t8 i find them very difficult  to play, i have t6 BBs that can outmanoeuvre t8 cruisers or be very close to them.

there are  t6 BBs that given the chance can  punch well beyond their weight .

Never, but never, ever underestimate a t6 ship.

I never left that tier, and i think i never will.

They are my workhorses, and i'm using them to catapult me to t8, to acquire a more firm foothold at t8.

I strongly recommend, you may like it.

And there isn't the Chaos that reins in lower tiers. One moment we have them by their necks, we have the ships, we have the points next thing you know they win.

I already played a few game from t6 to t10 and despite all lemming trains, all the romflstomps defeats or victories, in lower tiers that it's amplified to an extreme.

 

7 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

 

 

 

but because wanted to get the RB ships, I needed to regrind many lines and started playing from tier 3-4. What I witnessed in these low tier games is many new players with 50-60 games being butchered either by experienced players like myself and/or CVs. For this reason, I think there should be a protected MM or a separate mode that is free of CVs, subs, seal clubbers in order to keep new players in the game. One point is to ease the torture new players have to go through until tier 5 and give them an environment where they can learn and have fun because each game is twenty minutes, the learning curve is very steep and long which may be discouraging to many newbies. Another point is to preserve new player population (as everyday there are new comers and leavers like newborns and deads) which is good for the game. 

 

At the moment there is no protected MM in the way i described above or a separate mode for new players. 

 

If you have other suggestions please share.

 

 

Just a side note; I read sometimes in the forum people talk about a protected MM which I failed to experience yet. Many times I was down tiered in the very first game with the ships (low and high tier)  that has no upgrades,  modules and trained captain. But this is not the subject, please focus on the thread title. 

 

Thanks.

I don't know if that will work.

i kinda understand WG intentions... i think.

Letting the new cv players practice the cv gameplay, to have an hold on the basic mechanics,  next tier, they start to face AA, but the problem isn't the new cv players. it's the sheer amount of cvs and quantity of failed cv players that populate the low tiers, they are not seal clubbers they are bullies, only capable of striking ships with no AA.

At the same time if you protect players to that extent, they will arrive at t6 and onwards with 0 experience how to face a cv, and how to mitigate the damage received from the air strikes.

 Perhaps making a semi protect MM, let's say...

when a cv player reaches a certain amount of battles with t4 cvs, the MM ceases to be -1+1 and switch to +1 exclusively.

I also think that 200 battles is nothing it would be a good idea to increase to 1000 battles per tier for all the tiers that are under the MM protection

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TBU]
Players
38 posts

Pirates sink ships and don't fight planes, so I will never advance to T3 and maintain my enjoyment! :Smile_smile:

 

But... today I got a 3 day rental ship. The very same ship which I will get tomorrow permanently, if I understand correctly. Will I have that ship twice in my port? If not, why renting it for 3 days while the game obviously knows I will getting it tomorrow permanently? :Smile_facepalm:

shot-20.09.27_07.09.55-0331.jpg

shot-20.09.27_07.10.01-0381.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,719 posts
8 hours ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Yes. I sealclub at tier 10.

Best way to club :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,987 posts
6 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

So Op can play at low tiers when it suits him bit other experienced players not.  Got it.

Everyone, including you, played low tiers since game started (or later) until today for various purposes. The difference is, you still want to play low tiers and keep seal clubbing as much as you can  (cuz apparently high tiers are not fun for you) while i think new players had enough from all of us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×