You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
falcon_96

Coal ships change?

10 comments in this topic

[BGSWP]
Weekend Tester
3 posts
865 battles

Hi, recently i started moving away from WoT and started playing WoWs more often(had an account since the Beta), that said i don't know too well how the "Armory" store functions. 
Are there any specific dates when new ships are added to the armory(or old ones removed)?
Any chance new mid tier offers are added? I already have the tier 7 Blyskawica and the rest of the offers are either other DDs or tier 5.

Players
1,725 posts
3,316 battles
28 minuti fa, falcon_96 ha scritto:

Any chance new mid tier offers are added? I already have the tier 7 Blyskawica and the rest of the offers are either other DDs or tier 5.

Flint is going to be back for Coal; when exactly we don't know, but we can expect it not sooner than this October.

31 minuti fa, falcon_96 ha scritto:

Are there any specific dates when new ships are added to the armory(or old ones removed)?

Not really, it seems to depend upon popularity, tho if i had to make an educated guess based on previous ships, the common time (assuming they get popular) is around 1 and a half years, give or take a couple of months.

That's why right now i'm just mining coal and waiting for WG to say something. 

[BGSWP]
Weekend Tester
3 posts
865 battles

Thanks, so i guess it is best to keep mining for the Georgia, should be able to get her in 3-4 months with my usual 1k per day coal income, hopefully there is some more coal for me in the next dockyard event as well as some from any December celebration missions.

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,951 battles
58 minutes ago, falcon_96 said:

Thanks, so i guess it is best to keep mining for the Georgia, should be able to get her in 3-4 months with my usual 1k per day coal income, hopefully there is some more coal for me in the next dockyard event as well as some from any December celebration missions.

I used to calculate like that......and now i was stupid enough to reset tier X lines for RB points being left with only these coals ships.....you are never done in this game.  Designed like that....

Players
3,372 posts
2 hours ago, falcon_96 said:

Hi, recently i started moving away from WoT and started playing WoWs more often(had an account since the Beta), that said i don't know too well how the "Armory" store functions. 

Welcome to world of warships then, this game for the most part does not seem s toxic as WoT's, you can wish people well in this game and the opposing team too, and a GG hear and there helps keep the peace:cap_like:

As for Coal ships, Thunderer is a good one for sure.

• Cool 2

[BGSWP]
Weekend Tester
3 posts
865 battles
2 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Welcome to world of warships then, this game for the most part does not seem s toxic as WoT's, you can wish people well in this game and the opposing team too, and a GG hear and there helps keep the peace:cap_like:

As for Coal ships, Thunderer is a good one for sure.

Thanks for the welcome.
The Thunderer is great, but i'm going for the best possible earner right now, and from what i read those are the tier 9 premiums. But i guess i will wait and see. If the Georgia is replaced before i can get it by something i don't like, i will most likely go for the Thunderer, since the Pommern really does not seem like a ship i will do well with.

• Cool 1

Players
3,372 posts
On 9/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, falcon_96 said:

Thanks for the welcome.
The Thunderer is great, but i'm going for the best possible earner right now, and from what i read those are the tier 9 premiums. But i guess i will wait and see. If the Georgia is replaced before i can get it by something i don't like, i will most likely go for the Thunderer, since the Pommern really does not seem like a ship i will do well with.

Not so sure it is just premiums that do the earning, obviously it depends how you play but in some cases, Sinop, Nelson, and low and behold, HMS Lion can be goo earners too, once or twice even I have seen the half a mill credits etc.

So I must be doing something right, Georgia is fine if you are are accurate, as good as she is she is not a go to ship for me, as her speed, coupled with the slow traverse of her turrets catch me out all the time.

I just wish that the Jean Bart, Mushashi and kronstadt were still in the store, as it is they will only be stocking fillers in the Christmas loot boxes I fear.

Players
2,422 posts
20,865 battles

Dude don't blow anything valuable (steel, coal, real money, free xp, research tokens, whatever) on mid tier ships. It's like paying to be griefed, because of the aircraft carrier sitch.

Of the current crop, these ones are worth it:

Alaska - super ship, very OP, Tier IX gets the fewest carrier battles.

Georgia

Ohio

Slava

Stalingrad

Possibly Ägir - I don't have it myself yet but it keeps giving me loads of trouble, was also nasty in Ranked I seem to recall. Seems ridiculously tanky and super hard to destroy.

Thunderer

Småland

Colbert if that is your cup of tea

Bourgogne

Possibly Jean Bart but you need to really know what you're doing with that ship and the turrets are squishy.

Of the doubloons ships, Haida and Lo Yang (for Ranked) and maybe borderline Massachusetts. BUT I doubt you can play this game long enough to pay for it in reward doubloons won by playing the game. So that would involve giving WG money, to which I am opposed because of the carrier sitch. Same goes for Friesland which I was lucky enough to be able to grind in both my accounts back when, as well as Kidd.

[JRM]
Players
6,790 posts

@OP For farming resources take T9 freemiums I suggest Alaska and Georgia for starters, for playing a bit of T10 semi-competitive you can either go for a T10 permacamo OR a RB ship either Ohio (prob better ship and meshes with Georgia  and to a degree even Alaska captian) or Slava, if you are more a DD man get Smaland and/or Somers (still descent all rounder) or grind one of the silver ships...

As the m8 above said mid tiers are hardly worth it, you might get some decent mileage from Nelson as she is cheap and Blyska you already have for occasonal bout in Random/Rank/Sprint or in Narai, everything else WG is selling nowadays is usually meh at best, if you are insanely lucky maybe you can pick up the incoming Florida cheaply or for free (not sure about that though) but I wouldnt spend much if any money on her...