You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Joehrax

Do developers actually read the forums?....

57 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
23 posts
6,195 battles

I honestly can't remember a company so out of touch with their customers base.

Granted they did a good job on this game, but the lack of feedback to all of the idea's on balance and mm and not even a single comment like ''hey this might be something for our balance interns to look at''. 

And no forum mods don't count, I hardly believe they ever communicate with the dev's about good posts.

Is it just pure money? Are the stakeholders in charge and they only want money and who cares about fun?

This game has such HUGE potential to be at the succes world of tanks had in the early days, why are they so deadlock on just pushing new ships out and ignoreing very very precious customer feedback ( mine not included) 

• Cool 11

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,637 posts
20,499 battles
18 minutes ago, Joehrax said:

That's true, and it's not only just the company, the staff is out of touch too. I heard yesterday that taking Fire Prevention on a supercruiser captain was "abuse of game mechanics".

Granted they did a good job on this game

When they started they laid a solid groundwork. But the last two years have shown that the people responsible for that left.

And no forum mods don't count, I hardly believe they ever communicate with the dev's about good posts.

Well, the community team tries their best I think, but as the Puerto Rico event reactions have shown the management is not listening.

Is it just pure money? Are the stakeholders in charge and they only want money and who cares about fun?

Yes, and there is proof of that. Back in 2017 the head honcho Victor Kislyi has announced he would relinquish oversight of games other than WoT.

Since then SubO and friends have been at the helm. The results are clear, boring silver lines with ships that are not fun, premiums mostly not worth the money, events that are completely forgettable.

There are also only two stakeholders, Victor and his dad, which means that as long as they are happy with the moolah nothing will change.

This game has such HUGE potential to be at the succes world of tanks had in the early days

Had, sadly.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1

Players
3,747 posts
5,081 battles

Do they read forums? No they probably dont. If they do they would listen to player base and not doing everything wrong.

Or they do listen but they are good in ignoring us which is more closer to truth.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,511 posts
14,588 battles
21 minutes ago, Joehrax said:

I wonder who wanted to have italian BB in the game then :cap_yes:

• Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,958 battles

They are keeping tabs via their communications guys. And they are listening. You see that in the patch changes. Subtle changes in the direction the playerbase wants to move. The game creators obviously do understand what game balance is about and do their best not to disrupt it too rigorously.

So if you are expecting rigorous things as banned or removed classes, extreme nerfs to everything a vocal group doesn't like and such......yes they listen, no they do not seem to agree.

And neither do i on the bulk of usual/daily  complaints about the overpowered classes or individual ships of the day......but one issue : i really think there should be much more permanent Operations/Scenario's and for all tiers.

I do not like randoms to be the one and only main mode due to the long range campfest, burning down all that dare advance it has developed into. And indeed this wish of more instead of less Operations/Scenarios seems completely unadressed.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[-RAF-]
Players
1,032 posts
6,035 battles
7 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

i wonder about puerto rico disaster (not pr itself but what happened during the event), nobody asked for russian split, we finally got california, we didn't asked for american bb split, which was the only nation in the game with less papership than others.

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Players
368 posts
3,759 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And when did they arrive? After NON wanted russian cruisers, after NON wanted german CVs, after NON wanted submarine battles, etc...

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

Players
1,794 posts
19,006 battles

I do believe WG at least keep an eye on what's said on the forums the fact bastion mode is now long gone shows this. The main issues are however which forum/ section of player base is more important to them say for example EU or Russian players just as an example. 

At the the same time though WG certainly has a very high opinion of their decisions the PR mess shows they really don't get understand when they make a bad decision. I believe this in part due to the forums tendancy to complain about everything rather than complaining about things worth complaining about.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,958 battles
10 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

And when did they arrive? After NON wanted russian cruisers, after NON wanted german CVs, after NON wanted submarine battles, etc...

I am sure you are not speaking for WG's native market/server. Ofcourse these ships were wanted......

Same goes for CV....in Asia they seem quite fond of them while in EU and NA 3/4 of forum visitiors ( which is not the same as all players* ) dislikes them.

*You should have a look at how many players bought premium CV or spend money getting tech tree CV early....this might surprise you.

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Players
3,747 posts
5,081 battles
20 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

They are keeping tabs via their communications guys. And they are listening. You see that in the patch changes. Subtle changes in the direction the playerbase wants to move. The game creators obviously do understand what game balance is about and do their best not to disrupt it too rigorously.

Thats a nice joke :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
27,511 posts
14,588 battles
9 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

i wonder about puerto rico disaster (not pr itself but what happened during the event), nobody asked for russian split, we finally got california, we didn't asked for american bb split, which was the only nation in the game with less papership than others.

That is why they changed the dockyard events after that...

There were quite a few players who asked for a US BB split, but most of them probably wanted something else.

7 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

The game is not a whishing machine, where you put in a wish and get it fullfilled immediately...

And yes, unfortunately, quite a few players ask for subs...

• Boring 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,958 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The game is not a whishing machine, where you put in a wish and get it fullfilled immediately...

Judging by the daily complaints i think many do expect exactly that.......and not only this, but a core developer/game CEO to appologize to that player in person. And within minutes ! :Smile_teethhappy:

"Ofcourse your class/ship will be immidiatly overpowered and immunized against damage ! We are very sorry you were destroyed. It should not happen. From now on you will enjoy high scores and obliterate anything in your path. And bounce anything that is incoming for a laugh. Because awsesomeness should do that. Attacking planes will look like celebrative/decorative fireworks only. You will never have to bother about tactics or game mechanics....and ofcourse it is never your fault the mean enemy had the advantage. That is because our game is so unbalanced. We will remove any class that did bad things to you immidiatly. You deserve better dear player !" :Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 2

[-RAF-]
Players
1,032 posts
6,035 battles

many players asked for subs, afaik everyone wanted them, not these days ofc xD

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
27,511 posts
14,588 battles
5 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

...afaik everyone wanted them, ...

Even a superficial look at the forum should reveal that this is not the case...

• Cool 2

[-RAF-]
Players
1,032 posts
6,035 battles
Proprio ora, ColonelPete ha scritto:

didn't the entire playerbase (not the playerbase of these days) asked for subs?

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
27,511 posts
14,588 battles
2 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

didn't the entire playerbase (not the playerbase of these days) asked for subs?

Obviously not...

Have you ever seen a group of a couple tenthousand people agreeing on something?

[-RAF-]
Players
1,032 posts
6,035 battles
3 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Obviously not...

Have you ever seen a group of a couple tenthousand people agreeing on something?

i know rumors (yes, i believe rumors XD) but hardly saw someone..

[WRV]
Players
69 posts
473 battles
Vor 13 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

The explanation about the introduction of Subs is easy and understandable:

WoWs wants to gain players, so they asked people that are not playing WoWs. And an significant numbers of them told them as one reason the lack of subs --> "Are you playing WoWs?" "No" "Why not?" "Where's the submarine warfare?"

You dont rework your engine, made several internal test loops, made test loops on the PTS and live-servers "not to satisfy your existing customers", you make it for the new customers

(Wenn ich weitere Kunden gewinnen will, dann frage ich nicht meine Bestandskunden, sondern meine pot. Neukunden warum diese noch nicht Kunden von mir sind.)

To the question "Are they reading the forum?": 90% of the threads in this forum are about "Nerf Rock, Paper is fine. Sincerely, Scissors." So, why bother?

And the community manager have to destill the 10% together with reddit, youtube comments and other canals to some kind of feedback.

• Cool 2

[-RAF-]
Players
1,032 posts
6,035 battles
3 minuti fa, Adm_Andre ha scritto:

And an significant numbers of them told them as one reason the lack of subs --> "Are you playing WoWs?" "No" "Why not?" "Where's the submarine warfare?"

i can prove it, i have many proves about this but if someone wants to see them i'll try to find them in my library..

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

The game creators obviously do understand what game balance is about and do their best not to disrupt it too rigorously.

- CV rework

- moving UUs to RB

- nerfing some UUs not because they were overpowered but because they were too popular

- introducing CVs into CBs

- submarines

To name a few things that have happened that make this statement a complete and utter joke.

• Cool 14

[-RAF-]
Players
1,032 posts
6,035 battles
59 minuti fa, Beastofwar ha scritto:

*You should have a look at how many players bought premium CV or spend money getting tech tree CV early....this might surprise you.

weekend and pay to win players?

8 minuti fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

- CV rework

- moving UUs to RB

- nerfing some UUs not because they were overpowered but because they were too popular

- introducing CVs into CBs

- submarines

To name a few things that have happened that make this statement a complete and utter joke.

agree, but not sure for submarines, for balancing... haha...

but for the game subs are ok (to complete, i am not speaking about balance here)

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
938 posts
9,703 battles

Of course WG listens to the community, just look at how popular and engaging the CV rework where.

And now with the new Italian BB line that starts from T4, it shows WG done did the lower tier game balance with almost constant double CV games against most ships that has little to none AA defense.

#DeleteCVsAlready

• Cool 7

[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,790 battles

They say they read the Forum Threads. Maybe. Problem is they barely ever listen, imho,  to what the players say and/or want. They (already) know better.

• Cool 1

[WRV]
Players
69 posts
473 battles
Vor 16 Minuten, Aethervoxx sagte:

They say they read the Forum Threads. Maybe. Problem is they barely ever listen, imho,  to what the players say and/or want. They (already) know better.

Listen to what? 

"Nerf Rock, Paper is fine. Sincerely, Scissors."?

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1