Jump to content
RedsparrowRU

Keep getting warnings on pc version

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
5 posts

Hi Im a PS4 player quite high ranking with 6 ships, being Scharnhorst, Arakansas , Helena, Freidrich etc.

I opened up an account on PC as wife was getting annoyed with too much time  on the living room widescreen, so I given her a break and gone on the pc version , so Im not hogging the tv so much  The pc version seems quite different from the ps4.  But similar in actual play.  I just have one problem that I never had on the ps4. I started a session last night, and midway into it, I was flagged twice for hitting an allied ship.  I have NEVER hit an allied ship, I been gaming 23 years and is honest as a die.  I dont understand How I can possibly be warned for only hitting red tagged ships. I dont use torpedoes so I absolutely know I am not guilty.  Its strange that hitting an allied by mistake on ps4 is not flagged up or even noted??

However a strange thing occurred. In the line up of our Ships  one ship was "red" instead of green??? Why is an enemy ship residing in the allied team???
Can anyone tell me if this is a glitch or Im missing something??? thanks and who Do I complain to about being innocent of any wrong doing???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FUMP]
Players
5 posts
12,065 battles

That "red" ship on your team must have been pink actually. Thats a penalty for excessive team damage.

 

And you get a warning for team damage not only for shooting your team, or hitting them with torps, but also when ramming them. And of course when you shoot that pink guy, because he wasnt red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5 posts

Thanks, But, see I didnt not hit any allied ship at all.  That was an error in technical  software  surely. ??   I pulled out of the session because i got two warnings in space of 5 minutes, but I never hit another allied ship, only enemys in red.

Im obviously confused Im being made out to be a troublemaker on my first day, and will go back to the ps4 version which I have never had a warning ever in 6 months if this keeps happening for no reason. I only ram an enemy when Im so low on hp  Im obviously going pop within a minute or two.:etc_swear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FUMP]
Players
5 posts
12,065 battles

By ramming I meant just touching a team mate's ship, like at the start, when everybody is close to each other. That happens a lot and you can just ignore that. It doesnt cause any damage worth mentioning anyway. And dont forget that pink guy. Maybe you shot him, thinking it was an enemy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5 posts

yep some people just dont check their surroundings before making sharp turns. had many go into me on ps4, their a real nuisance!!   So are you telling me the allied ship with a penalty shows up above his ship in game as pink or red, if so thats confusing at the very least haha:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
156 posts
11,375 battles
33 minutes ago, RedsparrowRU said:

Hi Im a PS4 player quite high ranking with 6 ships, being Scharnhorst, Arakansas , Helena, Freidrich etc.

I opened up an account on PC as wife was getting annoyed with too much time  on the living room widescreen, so I given her a break and gone on the pc version , so Im not hogging the tv so much  The pc version seems quite different from the ps4.  But similar in actual play.  I just have one problem that I never had on the ps4. I started a session last night, and midway into it, I was flagged twice for hitting an allied ship.  I have NEVER hit an allied ship, I been gaming 23 years and is honest as a die.  I dont understand How I can possibly be warned for only hitting red tagged ships. I dont use torpedoes so I absolutely know I am not guilty.  Its strange that hitting an allied by mistake on ps4 is not flagged up or even noted??

However a strange thing occurred. In the line up of our Ships  one ship was "red" instead of green??? Why is an enemy ship residing in the allied team???
Can anyone tell me if this is a glitch or Im missing something??? thanks and who Do I complain to about being innocent of any wrong doing???

Replays are enable by default. 

 

Go to yours WOWS main file and inside you have a replays folder. Give us the replay and we'll be able to give you a reliable answer instead of what is currently happening:- us guessing what it could be and hoping we're correct lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
156 posts
11,375 battles
3 minutes ago, RedsparrowRU said:

yep some people just dont check their surroundings before making sharp turns. had many go into me on ps4, their a real nuisance!!   So are you telling me the allied ship with a penalty shows up above his ship in game as pink or red, if so thats confusing at the very least haha:Smile_amazed:

If one of your teammates has been shooting friendlies in previous battles, his penalty is to turn pink. His name/HP pool etc. If he continues while pink, the damage is reflected back onto him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
156 posts
11,375 battles

BTW make sure in the settings you have ''Alternate interface mode'' set to full. It will give you more info above enemy/friendly ships.

 

Example in my settings for visual aid.

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
0 posts
Am 25.9.2020 um 15:43, RedsparrowRU sagte:

However a strange thing occurred. In the line up of our Ships  one ship was "red" instead of green??? Why is an enemy ship residing in the allied team???
Can anyone tell me if this is a glitch or Im missing something??? thanks and who Do I complain to about being innocent of any wrong doing???

Hello

 

Look here: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Teamkilling

 

And there are many answers here:  https://wiki.wargaming.net/de/World_of_Warships

 

Kind regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5 posts

sorry not been on to reply.  i understand a little now. But quite concerned over draconian auto warnings based on assumptions.  I was in a battle the other day, and a guy got a warning for hitting me with a stray torpedo.( "warning" so and so player damaged ally "Redsparrpow RU"!.  But this seems not a rare occurrence. i seen many ships with pink modes on them. for heavens sake WOW dont be so draconian!!!!  We never get this on the PS4 version, why here??  Firing torpedos is risky to enemies and allys , wow should remember, allys can cross a line of torpedos because there not aware of their surroundings, thats NOT the fault of the player given a warning for doing something that the ally actually did himself, put him or herself into a line of fire of torps. Sorry but I certainty dont like this system, its based on pure assumption, and who can battle with any fun, if your going to have to look over your shoulder all the time. If its not on PS4 like i said, it shouldnt be on here as well.  You cant have one rule for wow on ps4 and another one for the same game on PC!!!:etc_swear:

(I should say that I used to be an admin on EA games BattlefieldPlay4free. I also paid monthly fee for a server, able to change map rotation etc. we were very active warning cheats, , we were real people, real feelings and hated banning anybody for 24 hours, unless they were using banned items or hiding inside walls. I feel auto punishment is not fair at all, and admins should be in this game the same as i was, listening to both sides and making informed decisions, by us ,not by Bots who have no choices of what constitutes  a warning.

Edited by RedsparrowRU
add text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,818 posts
14,070 battles
2 hours ago, RedsparrowRU said:

Firing torpedos is risky to enemies and allys , wow should remember, allys can cross a line of torpedos because there not aware of their surroundings, thats NOT the fault of the player given a warning for doing something that the ally actually did himself, put him or herself into a line of fire of torps.

Sorry, but in the PC version, the firer of torps is always responsible for them, regardless. A key part of the skill involved with using torps is not hitting your allies.

 

I assume this is a market segmentation thing: the PC approach - which requires a bit more skill and thought - is aimed at one type of player, whilst the (even) more 'arcady' and idiot-proof console thing is aimed at another.

 

Do bear in mind that unless one is a serious griefer and/or cretin, you won't get sanctioned in any extreme way; being pink doesn't really matter, so long as you don't make a habit of shooting/torping/ramming allies. You have to misbehave egregiously and consistently before you get banished to Coop. Just play competently (especially with torps) and you'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5 posts

Thanks vice Admiral, I know consoles have their idiots, but  most seem to play pretty well, Im in an Elite group of ships, most players take the scenarios seriously enough, not really much in the way of idiots, unlike  Battlefield WW11 on ps3 I played for years, and new battlefield one has its morons :P..............pity they dont have the same ships here i have  on ps4. I dont think I even seen a Scharnhorst or a Bismark on the rota's here. the the Helena. a great USA ship with now a level 12 commander, she takes some beating lol............I was worried about being banned,  I just have to be more careful here than i am in ps4. thanks you sir for your wisdom ^^   :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,818 posts
14,070 battles
18 hours ago, RedsparrowRU said:

I was worried about being banned

You won't be, unless you do something entirely egregious, which you won't do by accident. If being pink bugs you, just play a few (usually two for a first offence) games in Coop and it's gone.

 

The easiest ban to get is a chat one, and even those are relatively rare - provided one behaves in the in-game chat.

 

18 hours ago, RedsparrowRU said:

I dont think I even seen a Scharnhorst or a Bismark on the rota's here.

They're both in the game, and pretty popular; that said, Scharn is a premium and is arguably most effective in Narai (the Op) as opposed to Randoms. You'll see a lot of Bismarcks about, mainly because of the ship's history - she's quite hard to do well with for an average player though (she generally works best at shorter ranges, and it's very easy to over-extend and get vapourised).

 

BTW if you want to look at all the ships in the game (excluding some of the test ones), check out the wiki: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,818 posts
14,070 battles
18 hours ago, RedsparrowRU said:

Thanks vice Admiral

BTW the forum 'rank' doesn't mean anything about how seriously (or not) you should take someone's opinion - as far as I know, it's just a reflection of levels of forum activity.

 

If you want a sense of how good/experienced/other someone is, have a look at their stats (although some people hide theirs, commonly - but not always - because they're embarrassed by them for whatever reason). For example, if you look at mine, you'll see quite a lot of games played (although only 5K are Randoms), a 48% overall WR, 3/4 of games in DDs, and a great deal of diversity in ships; from that you might conclude that I'm not that good, have wide knowledge but not so deep, and am probably more worth listening to apropos DDs than cruisers/BBs/CVs.. You can apply similar logic to others, although if you stick around you'll soon work out whose opinions usually align reasonably with your own preferences, and whose you can take with a pinch of salt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×