You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Horattio_Nelson

CV NERF

20 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts

Good morning

As per title, i’m writing this down cause i’ve just received, 4 times in a match, a 14k damage from a CV with AP bombers... so he basically killed me from the safety of his hiding spot, without any type of retaliation from me, not only that, i wasn’t even able to shoot down his fighters, it was nothing i could do. When a CV focuses on you, in a BB,  all you can do is quit the game and that’s it. Just let’s get rid of anti AA fire at this point cause it was totally useless aswell. The game is a game when it’s fun, this is just utterly disgusting and frustrating. 

ps: i don’t care a bit if there are already hundreds of this type of topic. If there are, it’s because something isn’t right.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5

Players
2,166 posts
13,763 battles

Do not worry, your feedback will be soon promptly locked or ignored. :cap_haloween:

You can always uninstall or play CVs yourself to make others rage quit. Or just dodgeTM. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,950 battles

This game is mostly arcade but has some "realism" in it as well.  While WWI was the pinacle of warship combat, WWII was a turning point where aircraft became dominant and large Battleships obsolete.

You get to feel that transition and will see warships being covered in AA over their whole lenght and every available spot up to tier X. And ever faster and more powerful planes as well.

If you can't deal with that, play something else.

• Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[CELTA]
Players
651 posts
18,380 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

If you can't deal with that, play something else.

Many ex-players agree with you

… and this is because the game becomes worse and worse

• Cool 9

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,950 battles
2 minutes ago, BielayaSmert said:

It gets better and better for me. But i play all classes....not only 1 which i want to be overpowered and immune to anything.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,093 posts
20,332 battles
29 minutes ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Good morning

As per title, i’m writing this down cause i’ve just received, 4 times in a match, a 14k damage from a CV with AP bombers... so he basically killed me from the safety of his hiding spot, without any type of retaliation from me, not only that, i wasn’t even able to shoot down his fighters, it was nothing i could do. When a CV focuses on you, in a BB,  all you can do is quit the game and that’s it. Just let’s get rid of anti AA fire at this point cause it was totally useless aswell. The game is a game when it’s fun, this is just utterly disgusting and frustrating. 

ps: i don’t care a bit if there are already hundreds of this type of topic. If there are, it’s because something isn’t right.

Sorry but which BB? and what tier... Because I cant think of many BB's that cant distroy A fighter drop in seconds. appart froma few tier III and IV BB's.

Sounds to me you got hit with Multiple Citidels  in these drops.. Try being a hit with multiple citidels ina  CA  you are often deleted...

If your BB cant handle a Fighter drop in seconds in almost any BB in the game... im tempted to think you AA was turned off.. :Smile_hiding::Smile_hiding:

For the most part it takes a long time for a CV to do segnificant damage. Its very rare you get the one attack kills that BB's often get with one salvo or DD's get with a torpedo strike.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

CV's have been broken since they've existed in this game. Nothing will ever change how fundamentally unhealthy they are for gameplay, Unfortunately, we just have to deal with it.

World of tanks has had the same lifelong problems with Artillery and nothing ever change there either.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,093 posts
20,332 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

All of us feel this way. Nothing you can do about it OP. This what WG wants.

Please dont make such wide statments.. Lots dont like CV and think they need a Nerf yes.. but all.. its no where close to that.. i would be supprised if its even half.

• Boring 3

[L4GG]
Players
3,304 posts
10,920 battles
39 minutes ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Good morning

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles
Just now, T0byJug said:

Sorry but which BB? and what tier... Because I cant think of many BB's that cant distroy A fighter drop in seconds. appart froma few tier III and IV BB's.

If your BB cant handle a Fighter drop in seconds in almost any BB in the game... im tempted to think you AA was turned off.. :Smile_hiding::Smile_hiding:

Don't forget, CV's can drop fighters outside of AA range and perma spot ships this way. He may not have been able to shoot them down simply because they were too far away. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,789 posts
18,997 battles

WG are well aware of the CV situation but are not interested in addressing them because according to marketing it's far more profitable to add subs. 

So the WG stance on CV interaction is essentially: 

IMG_5192.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Players
1,990 posts
12 minutes ago, BielayaSmert said:

Also many top players.

• Cool 2

Players
10,110 posts
11,872 battles
2 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Don't forget, CV's can drop fighters outside of AA range and perma spot ships this way. He may not have been able to shoot them down simply because they were too far away. 

Which applies mostly to battleships, as majority of cruisers have aerial detection equal to AA range.

[SPURD]
Players
480 posts
3,982 battles

Try fighting a division of 2x thundelel and Midway who statcheck you and decide that you aren't playing in this match 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,338 posts
6,759 battles
12 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Please dont make such wide statments.. Lots dont like CV and think they need a Nerf yes.. but all.. its no where close to that.. i would be supprised if its even half.

Oh, well OP, there are like a bunch of people who like CVs... Most don't because CVs lack skill mechanic and makes it look like you are playing against bots.

• Cool 5

Players
8 posts
12 minuti fa, T0byJug ha scritto:

Sounds to me you got hit with Multiple Citidels  in these drops.. Try being a hit with multiple citidels ina  CA  you are often deleted...

For the most part it takes a long time for a CV to do segnificant damage. Its very rare you get the one attack kills that BB's often get with one salvo or DD's get with a torpedo strike.

I was in the Fuso, T6 BB with anti AA turned ON and focusing fire on one side of the ship which was the side where the planes came from... so yeah believe me i was doing all i could to avoid 14k damage / drop...... seriously just thinking about it keeps me away from the game and i actually play all types of ships except CV, cause they are cancer

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
952 posts
12,988 battles
1 hour ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Good morning

haha learn to play issue mostly :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,105 posts
6,674 battles

Thread closed.

Please use the existing CV discussion thread for discussion about CVs.

• Bad 6