You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AnHell_V

European Branch by Swedish Branch.

21 comments in this topic

[-WP-]
Players
6 posts
I don't know if this topic has been discussed, my apologies in advance if it was.

...but, I think it necessary to create the Swedish branch with the destroyers of the European branch.
and rebuilt the European branch.
only tier2, not swedish...

Please support the issue for WG consideration.

Regards.
  • Boring 1

[SV]
Players
941 posts
12,872 battles
33 minutes ago, AnHell_V said:

I don't know if this topic has been discussed, my apologies in advance if it was.

...but, I think it necessary to create the Swedish branch with the destroyers of the European branch.

Regards.

why ?

[-WP-]
Players
6 posts
2 hours ago, albin322 said:

why ?

because it is ridiculous that a branch is called European made up only of Swedish ships.
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
6,741 posts
1 hour ago, AnHell_V said:

because it is ridiculous that a branch is called European made up only of Swedish ships.

True, it is, and not only did they make only one non Swedish ship in it but they even put TWO fantasy/paper boats in T6 and 7 rather then having a DD of some other nation...

I can only assume its total laziness at work as Sweden is close to St.Petersbourg and they just dug out the blueprints there instead of obtaining some other stuff elsewhere...

On the other hand however a Swedish only tree would make it a basically dead end for investing into training caps for it so its probably better it stays as part of the Pan-Eu tree and just add more lines of other nations and replace the T2 with well something Swedish as well...

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
2,818 posts
16,939 battles
1 hour ago, AnHell_V said:

'only'? So then what is Blysca doing in the branch? or Orkan?

[JRM]
Players
6,741 posts
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

'only'? So then what is Blysca doing in the branch? or Orkan?

He meant silver ships obvoiusly... :Smile_sceptic:

And its true only Tatra is Austro Hungarian everything else is Sweden, they might have the just made Tatra coal or freexp or something and go full Swede on the silver line...

[-TPF-]
Players
4,017 posts
16,556 battles
6 hours ago, AnHell_V said:

We discussed this back when the line was first mooted, and we came up with two lines - a Northern European line (Swedish, Polish, Dutch) and a Southern European one (Spain, Greece, Turkey, Romania, Yugoslavia).

The thing is, though, that WG's pan-Swedish line of DDs is consistent and pretty well balanced in terms of weaponry and gameplay style. You can make a nationally diverse line of ships but with that comes a lot of hopping around in the character of the ships which, like the pan-Asians, makes them quite difficult to balance and quite complicated to master.

• Cool 3

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,896 posts
27,605 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

And its true only Tatra is Austro Hungarian everything else is Sweden, they might have the just made Tatra coal or freexp or something and go full Swede on the silver line...

There are actually 2 non Swedish ships as T1, Gryf, is Polish. Considering that modeling a new ship is taking at least 6 months, if not more, creating a new T2 DD just because some people are not liking that Pan European currently is mostly composed of Swedish ships sounds like total waste of time and resources. And they could never "pay" for that time by making Tatra premium ship. And they would need to create two new ships, as they would need a new T1.

8 hours ago, AnHell_V said:

Regards.

Did you ever consider that current line of DDs is just a first of many that could be added under Pan European tree? WG could easily on the same way add Dutch, Polish or Spain subbranch to the line and than group all other smaller navies in one (or more) branch. For WG is more important for a line to have some consistency than cramp as many nations as they can into one line. And Swedish line has that consistency. They needed to start somewhere and, for whatever reason, they decided to start with Swedish DDs. WG leave possibility to split some nation, if there are possibility to do that, into their separate tree with time but for practical reasons, in first place for captain training/retraining, all those "smaller" European navies will start under Pan European tree. Considering it would be much easier later to do this if ships are already separated, instead of plucking the ship from the line every time WG decide to separate some nation into their own tree, creating nation specific lines/branches have much more sense that mixing all nation from the start. And it is making balancing and creating specific trait much easier. 

So why just not having some patience and wait for future additions to the tree and enjoy ship that are already added to the game.

• Cool 2

Players
144 posts
7,574 battles
8 hours ago, AnHell_V said:

Regards.

image.png.04f029600e3ccdb1b7141c5828d8301b.png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
161 posts
10,461 battles

He is right about this, theres no reason not to add Swedish tree just like in Wot. 

Halland is just as Swedish as tall blondes and We dont call them tall pan-european blondes...

• Boring 2

Players
2,387 posts
15,572 battles
1 hour ago, rurkovsky said:

He is right about this, theres no reason not to add Swedish tree just like in Wot. 

Halland is just as Swedish as tall blondes and We dont call them tall pan-european blondes...

Wouldn't handling by wide variety of pan-european blokes, make them pan-european? :Smile_playing:

Players
5,042 posts

I've said before, and I say it again, IMHO there is no reason why every tree much follow a set template, it should instead be more flexible in nature. The Pan-European tree could be built differently in terms of its branches from national trees. It could include Swedish DD's, Dutch DD's, Polish DD's etc, along with select cruisers and a few BB's as well. As @invicta2012 pointed out above, this would allow for consistency as well as flexibility.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,292 battles

There is a simple reason for this..  Its not to do with DD's its other classes..

At the moment there is no reason why we can't have Multiple DD lines under the European Tree/Nation with DDs from other EU nations

Many Nations/branches have multiple lines of a particular class of ship.. Cruises/BB's and DD's

Think about it make a separate Swedish nation/tree

Locks Swedish Cruisers out of any European branch of ships and Sweeden probably douse not have enough designs to fill a tech line.

Yes many of us want DD's from other Europian nations DD's and we can still have that.. and we can also maybe have Cruisers/Battleships and CV's( :Smile_hiding: ) as well

• Cool 3

[SV]
Players
941 posts
12,872 battles
3 hours ago, rurkovsky said:

seriously try to look on the other ships. sweden will not be able to make a full bb line. neither cv or meaby not eaven cruissers not to tier 10. but toghter with other nations we can.

• Cool 1

[H-M-S]
Players
35 posts
10,834 battles

It's good as it is, because most pan EU tend to have the Bofors guns in common which offers a similar way of playing. You can an already hoist Swedish flags and the way it is now it gives you much more flexibility for captains to move around.

Also a pan EU BB line could be made with the coastal panzer ships and that would need ships from differens nations. Same with cruisers.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

Nothing to do with your actual post, but what on earth is this hideous font.

[GOON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
7,982 battles

A pure Swedish destroyer line would be no problem but you couldn't really make any other Swedish lines without resorting to a lot of completely fictional ships, so to me it makes a lot of sense for the Swedish destroyer line to be included in a pan-European tree.

As for "why Swedish DD's", I think it mainly comes down to the high tiers and specifically to Halland and Småland. They've been obvious T10 candidates for a long time, they were real ships that served for decades, and Småland even survives to this day as a museum ship. The historical aspect is attractive to many players.

• Cool 2

Players
5,042 posts
51 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Nothing to do with your actual post, but what on earth is this hideous font.

All hail Courier New! :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Players
2,818 posts
16,939 battles
12 hours ago, Yedwy said:

He meant silver ships obvoiusly... :Smile_sceptic:

And obviously WG didn't find enough Swedish ships for a Swedish line nor enough Polish for a Polish line.

So they got thrown together in a European tech tree.

PS: Tech trees go beyond silver ships, ever noticed that they also add a flag to all premium ships :cap_old: