Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Knutorius

Still noticing spotting issues

4 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[RSC]
Players
219 posts
4,828 battles

something's up with the spotting system.

 

first time it was a DD spotting me through smoke, shooting at me, while I was unable to spot him. I confirmed this ingame, by chatting with him.

 

now its an östergötland disappearing in plain sight, firing from 10km away, just to reappear a few seconds later, still blazing away..

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
7,664 posts
14,009 battles
2 hours ago, Knutorius said:

now its an östergötland disappearing in plain sight, firing from 10km away, just to reappear a few seconds later, still blazing away..

 

That's not a bug, just high skill gamplay. The Östergötland has a minimum range of 9.27km. Which means if you're chasing him and he's faster, he can leave the max range of his guns, thus leaving the spotting area while his ship fires away

Thats why he disappears and reappears while all the time have his guns blazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RSC]
Players
219 posts
4,828 battles
8 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

 

That's not a bug, just high skill gamplay. The Östergötland has a minimum range of 9.27km. Which means if you're chasing him and he's faster, he can leave the max range of his guns, thus leaving the spotting area while his ship fires away

Thats why he disappears and reappears while all the time have his guns blazing.

so his maximum spotting range is set to the tiny 9.27 km. That's lovely.


Still not sure what happened in the other example tho. DD was in smoke, no team mates of his were able to detect me. Only thing I could imagine would be me penetrating the smoke by firing my guns.

Which means, he can fire undetected and I cannot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
1,442 posts
13,334 battles
17 minutes ago, Knutorius said:

Only thing I could imagine would be me penetrating the smoke by firing my guns.

CONGRATULATIONS you nailed it..

 

Fire your guns and you apply your smokefire penalty as listed in most BB cases up to 14km and more if the dd was inside that range he saw you fire and you remain open for 20 seconds.

 

Let me illustrate image.png.31b021ec73b9e9ff03cbc94668cdd920.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×