You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Mid-Autumn Festival

35 comments in this topic

[SLANG]
Players
6 posts
10,133 battles

Why do you always give the premium ships camos when they already get them maybe more tech tree ships would be nice instead!

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
288 posts

Sorry to say, but those camos are not very good looking. The hull looks rusted and the top camo for the turrets and superstructure is even worse.

And why does it look like the hull is in those square shapes? Looks like some one has slapped some wooden panels on top of the armor plating.

A big nope from me.

• Cool 3

[N0RSE]
Players
216 posts
10,398 battles

I am so pleased with this, no premium ships sale or anything. Even randomized bundles, nothing good in the first for 888!!!!!! doubloons, wow, not going to spend a single dime on this. I really appreciate it, I mean it, it does sound like I am not, but seriously I am. You have saved me from spending more money on this, thanks. Keep these events coming!!

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[FRED]
Players
5 posts
6,413 battles

Gone are the days when an event actually engaged the entire community with meaningful missions and rewards with a few exclusive paid offers. Now it's all about overpriced cash grabs and whale harpooning. Thanks on continuing this trend WG. As a paying player, you are doing a great job of making me spend less and less by the year.

• Cool 11

[RONIN]
Players
328 posts
3,657 battles

So a chance to get some "nothing specific commanders" with 10 skill points. Really? No ships, and some camos MAYBE for premium ships? What exactly would make me spend doublons on this offers?

First offer 888 doublons for 8 flags? Really?? Wargaming votka again?

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Players
328 posts
3,657 battles
41 minutes ago, ShortySunderland said:

Gamble exclusives: hahahaanope!

This is one of those gambles where you get nothing.

Btw are anybody working on some law that this kinda offers make people gamble? still nothing?

[N0RSE]
Players
216 posts
10,398 battles
7 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

So a chance to get some "nothing specific commanders" with 10 skill points. Really? No ships, and some camos MAYBE for premium ships? What exactly would make me spend doublons on this offers?

First offer 888 doublons for 8 flags? Really?? Wargaming votka again?

Well the camouflage is poor stats wise compared to other event ones, the bundles cost 888 doubloons but for 4 times that you get 5x100 flags so the flag bundles you can get for 888 is actually something you lose money on. the 2x8 special flags is less than 25% chance of getting (which would have been a decent deal). Nahh this is a massive no no no no no for me, and as I wrote earlier I am actually appreciating this. Steam have a sale on a few games I like, better spent money there.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,751 posts
12,048 battles

So, aside from consumable camos/signals, we see

- premium camos for premium ships with standard-for-tier bonuses, so the only gain is the aesthetic of an abandoned train car spray-painted by a kid lacking imagination

- some captains for pan-Asian and/or Japanese ships and apparently don't have special voiceovers (would've been mentioned if they had) so it's just a pretty (depending on taste) picture to show in your port

And you can't even purchase what you want, because the only way to get these goodies is by spending thousands of doublons on random bundles.

...seriously, Wargaming.

Well, Kaga's rust-red planes actually look kind-of neat, surprisingly, so I guess it's not ALL a disaster. Just overwhelming majority of it :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

Players
166 posts
2 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

September is set to be fire! Find out all the things that await you during the Mid-Autumn Festival!

Read it on the portal

Splendid.  Bit of a shame thou, these permanent camouflages are for premium ships only. Prem ships which all come with a perma camo anyway.

( in the bracket: the plain type30 camo bonuses for Prinz Eugen are:

-3% to surface detectability range.

+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.

-10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.

+50% to experience earned in the battle.

+50% Commander experience earned in the battle... )

It would be a little bit more useful and more appealing if all these permanent camos given in these kind of events would not bolted on prem ships but tech tree ships instead. It would make much more sense ...and profit.

• Cool 2

[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles

I am normally a very kind and empathic person, but I really want to laugh these WG people that think up these random bundle only for money/dubloons right in their face. Just because the outragious idea. Sadly they will easily be able to laugh me right back in the face because of the amount of money they make with people pulling their wallet the moment they can enter their credit card number or other payment info somewhere on the site. Some people have way too much money to nurture restraint or care.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,609 posts
20,394 battles

I am a friend of interesting perma camos. But these 4 new ones look just plain ugly.

• Cool 1

[SWD]
Players
2 posts
3,723 battles

I wouldn't gamble for any of these rewards, but the Prinz Eugen skin was in the first box so I bought it for 888 doubloons.

It's payday so I also bough the Prinz Eugen on impulse to use the skin with.

It's only after buying the Eugen that I realise that the new perma-camo has a worse bonus than the camo you get for free with the ship and the alternative camo you can buy.

A disappointing experience for sure.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
315 posts

44,400 doubloons for 3 commanders and 4 camos for Premium ships.

I am not sure if you people think we are stupid or if you people are this stupid.Needless to say you shove your "valuable rewards" up your ...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,751 posts
12,048 battles
57 minutes ago, Fubear said:

I wouldn't gamble for any of these rewards, but the Prinz Eugen skin was in the first box so I bought it for 888 doubloons.

It's payday so I also bough the Prinz Eugen on impulse to use the skin with.

It's only after buying the Eugen that I realise that the new perma-camo has a worse bonus than the camo you get for free with the ship and the alternative camo you can buy.

A disappointing experience for sure.

What!? I was sure these things carried the generic bonus for their tier!? :Smile_facepalm:

...I was appalled by how bad this "event" was and it turns out it's much worse...

[DD537]
[DD537]
Players
27 posts
9,894 battles

who vomited out those camo designs they are horrendous, did someone give a 5yo kid a box of crayons and ask it to make a camo...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
172 posts
7,989 battles

Yeah, tbh looked at my first "bundle"
a couple of special signals for 888 dubs, no thanks

The commander, maybe worthwhile
The Perma Camo, yes, as Tier 8 permas are worth more than 888 dubs but, im not going through bundle after bundle of junk for a perma camo (especially when its a perma camo for a Premium ship which already has a perma camo (and the bonuses are identical)

• Cool 1

Players
690 posts

The Dice Rolls and the Cash Flows, :Smile_coin:  :Smile_coin: Great Work If You Can Pull It Off :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[-EA-]
Players
3 posts
9,369 battles

I could do with a Japanese commander TBH, but I'm not going to engage in this outrageously expensive lottery to get one. 1 out of 10 WG. Must do better.

• Cool 1

[O-R-P]
Players
2,237 posts
21,346 battles

Awsome offer!  :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

Jokes aside. I would be interested in new capitains ( as they are really nice in terms of CG ) but another cashgrab or gambling lottery is just disguisting. Kiss my barrel WG :Smile_sceptic: 

Out from curiosity how double nation commander works? I can make in example Ovetschin Tsar commander into in example Khaba and Gearing or just Gearing and rest of USN/VMF premiums?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,751 posts
12,048 battles
3 hours ago, Marblehead_1 said:

Awsome offer!  :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

Jokes aside. I would be interested in new capitains ( as they are really nice in terms of CG ) but another cashgrab or gambling lottery is just disguisting. Kiss my barrel WG :Smile_sceptic: 

Out from curiosity how double nation commander works? I can make in example Ovetschin Tsar commander into in example Khaba and Gearing or just Gearing and rest of USN/VMF premiums?

I don't see how the first option would work - every captain is always specialized for a single ship, why would being able to pick from a larger pool of ships change this? I mean, it could be done, but it sounds like unintuitive solution with additional UI problems (when you pick commanders, you see what they are specialized for - would this need to display two ships?) and extra programming (unless the data structures were originally designed with such situation in mind)...

I can't see for sure as I don't have any double-nation commander but 99% is that they just appear eligible for ships of either nation and that's all the difference - still only one ship spec at a time.

• Cool 1