Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aethervoxx

Waterline Sept 23rd/2020 edition

34 comments in this topic

[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,777 battles

TY, WoWS for offering some information on upcoming WoWS doings.

From my perspective - some good & some bad news.

The 'bad' news - the graphics of the ships for this new proposed 15 vs 15 player battle mode. Please, no more weird, unnatural art, please.

- that Ita BBs will have some types of smaller caliber guns?  I would prefer the guns the Italians actually used - not some WG fantasy alteration.

The 'good' news - that WoWS will try a 15 vs 15 player battle mode. The more players the better.

- that WoWS will try a much larger map mode. The bigger the map the better especially for the higher tier ships.

- that Ita BBs are incoming (eventually). No need for delay. Get them here tomorrow.

- that subs will have a second test period. Since WG wants Subs in the game then let's see Subs asap & lets see more 'sinkings' begin.

I'm neutral in regards to Ranked changes (as i do not play it much) and the idea of smoke for Ita BBs (although this idea seems to be not that good of an idea)

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,254 posts
18 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

that WoWS will try a 15 vs 15 player battle mode.

15 vs 15? I thought it was 15 in total...especially since "only 4 players can leave the portal" does not make much sense with teams of 15

[SHAFT]
Players
10,244 posts
9,063 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

15 vs 15? I thought it was 15 in total...especially since "only 4 players can leave the portal" does not make much sense with teams of 15

I thoughts its 16 total (15 + you)

22 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

- that Ita BBs will have some types of smaller caliber guns?  I would prefer the guns the Italians actually used - not some WG fantasy alteration. 

16x 381mm SAP, what could possibly go wrong :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,777 battles
16 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I think I watched & listened correctly - I think they are coupling a bigger map with more players per side & some ability for some players to reach a 'portal' - it's a new idea they say is coming.

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,345 posts
9,353 battles
27 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

I would prefer the guns the Italians actually used - not some WG fantasy alteration.

So....the italian BB line should stop at tier 8? Yeah, I'm gonna say no.

Players
1,685 posts
3,293 battles
25 minuti fa, Aethervoxx ha scritto:

that Ita BBs will have some types of smaller caliber guns?  I would prefer the guns the Italians actually used - not some WG fantasy alteration.

You haven't listened correctly; they said the the Italian BBs will have tier for tier, when compared to other BBs, smaller caliber guns. Cristoforo Colombo has 16*381mm guns, the same exact guns mounted on Roma (or should i say Impero since it's the one that was tested with SAP and smoke)

• Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,777 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

your guess is as good as mine, lol :cap_haloween:

[CATS]
Players
27,252 posts
14,525 battles
27 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

WG will use italian guns, just in different turrets.

Btw. there is already feedback thread for this...

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,777 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

So....the italian BB line should stop at tier 8? Yeah, I'm gonna say no.

When did WG ever not put made up ships into this game? I'm sure the Italians had some blueprints for BBs they never built. I prefer, if possible, that historical guns be used (is all I'm saying).

[ZEN]
Players
1,150 posts
13,293 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I thoughts its 16 total (15 + you)

I just hope that the SAP alpha is lower than the AP alpha, as that is what ruins the cruisers, we don't need a new BB line like the RN ones, only instead of max range HE spam this will be SAP spam. Hopefully WG don't ruin this line like they did with the cruisers... Duca D'Aosta still the best and most fun Italian cruiser.

Players
1,685 posts
3,293 battles
8 minuti fa, Aethervoxx ha scritto:

When did WG ever not put made up ships into this game? I'm sure the Italians had some blueprints for BBs they never built. I prefer, if possible, that historical guns be used (is all I'm saying).

and who said that they are not going to use historical guns?

• Bad 1

[THESO]
3,345 posts
9,353 battles
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

30 players in a map?

way too much people in a battle.

• Cool 1

Players
2,153 posts
13,722 battles
32 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

The 'good' news - that WoWS will try a 15 vs 15 player battle mode. The more players the better.

It will be even harder to carry to win. I don't like it personally unless there will be 4 man divs allowed. 

[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,777 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Btw. there is already feedback thread for this...

My thread here is for the Waterline news release not Ita guns per se. I was just giving my opinion on what little the Waterline news release says. Maybe you could comment on the whole news release yourself should you deign to do so.

[CATS]
Players
27,252 posts
14,525 battles
1 minute ago, Aethervoxx said:

My thread here is for the Waterline news release not Ita guns per se. I was just giving my opinion on what little the Waterline news release says. Maybe you could comment on the whole news release yourself should you deign to do so.

Already did...

[L4GG]
Players
3,264 posts
10,870 battles
Just now, domen3 said:

Just now, DariusJacek said:

It will be even harder to carry to win. I don't like it personally unless there will be 4 man divs allowed. 

that will be better.

And perhaps that will improve the MM, less time in the queue, perhaps that will give WG some room to spare to try to improve MM.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
3,345 posts
9,353 battles
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

that will be better.

And perhaps that will improve the MM, less time in the queue, perhaps that will give WG some room to spare to try to improve MM.

What would be better? It's a 16 man free for all....most likely with divs.

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,777 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Already did...

Pardon me, I had no idea EURL guy had posted just 4 hours ago. I simply watched the Waterline news release & did not see any reference to it in General Discussion so I started my thread here to express my opinions.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,570 battles
43 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

It is an Halloween special, it is only 16 players and "only 4 ships could exit portal" could suggest 4 teams with 4 players fighting each others.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,244 posts
9,063 battles
12 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

I just hope that the SAP alpha is lower than the AP alpha, as that is what ruins the cruisers, we don't need a new BB line like the RN ones, only instead of max range HE spam this will be SAP spam. Hopefully WG don't ruin this line like they did with the cruisers... Duca D'Aosta still the best and most fun Italian cruiser.

Italian battleship Impero, Tier VIII:

Maximum SAP shell damage - 14,050. SAP

image.png.bed90e4a378cee98828818c7dd469bf9.png

Id assume the 381mm guns all get the same maxdamage... yeah imagine 16 of those against anything :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

Players
1,685 posts
3,293 battles
Proprio ora, DFens_666 ha scritto:

Italian battleship Impero, Tier VIII:

Maximum SAP shell damage - 14,050. SAP

image.png.bed90e4a378cee98828818c7dd469bf9.png

Id assume the 381mm guns all get the same maxdamage... yeah imagine 16 of those against anything :cap_fainting:

I'd assume, just assume, that  the Tier 9 has 12 guns, because V.Veneto has 9 and C. Colombo has 16

[SHAFT]
Players
10,244 posts
9,063 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I'd assume, just assume, that  the Tier 9 has 12 guns, because V.Veneto has 9 and C. Colombo has 16

ofc, maybe that was a bit misleading. Impero should get the 9 guns Roma has, while they showed the 4x4 TX BB in the video. And id just guess it gets the same damage because same guns?

Players
1,685 posts
3,293 battles
Proprio ora, DFens_666 ha scritto:

ofc, maybe that was a bit misleading. Impero should get the 9 guns Roma has, while they showed the 4x4 TX BB in the video. And id just guess it gets the same damage because same guns?

they also showed Andread Doria (10*320mm guns, same as G.Cesare) and V.Veneto, which has the same guns of Impero (3x3, same as Roma, but with SAP and 33s reload), and i think it's going to stick with the same guns for Tier 9 and 10; imo adding one more turret for the Tier 9 (4x3) and them adding one gun to each turret for the Tier 10 (4x4).

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,570 battles
2 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

they also showed Andread Doria (10*320mm guns, same as G.Cesare) and V.Veneto, which has the same guns of Impero (3x3, same as Roma, but with SAP and 33s reload), and i think it's going to stick with the same guns for Tier 9 and 10; imo adding one more turret for the Tier 9 (4x3) and them adding one gun to each turret for the Tier 10 (4x4).

I'm thinking the same. Going from 9 guns to 16 would be a little to extreme.

Sign in to follow this