Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wuxang

Why does wargaming not fix the reporting system?

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[RNSF]
Players
7 posts
4,473 battles

I'm a person that writes a lot, don't get me wrong i am not reciving 24h chat bans because of not using the chat option. At the same time I am not insulting anyone. I'm strategically saying what people should do in ranked and i do not think there is anything wrong with that, right? If people listen is another disscussion. They mostly do though and it helps me climb the ladder. For zero reason i recived a chat penalty and i just do not understand why that is. Why is there a reporting system that allows punishmeant without confirmation by a staff member?    

This is a topic every clan I've been in for the past 2 year's (3-4) makes fun of. The sheer incompetence in the system just frustrates imo and there doesn't seem to be any change, why is that?  

Why not Punish toxic behavoir and insults properly with LONG chat bans, account removal after several (warnings as time based bans) ((or like riot does it in it's games)-20,50,100 games no chat message or something similar) that are being "Confirmed by Staff"! And at the same time, not rightful reports should not be punished. People just report for reporting and while most of the time it is justified it also happens that people recive a chat ban without having done something.  

   

I personally think it is hillarious that this is still a issue, at the same time it is sad that people who feel like sending death threats or insulting someone's family can just keep playing as it is and might get a 24h - few days chat ban and then just keep doing it over and over again.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,776 battles

War Gaming  is, apparently, unwilling (or unable) to fix anything allegedly broken. WG is kind of like a horse with blinders on - it stampedes wherever it does go thinking that's the way to go (regardless of all the evidence to the contrary).

  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RNSF]
Players
7 posts
4,473 battles

@Aethervoxx But why is that? I mean it is obvious that the company strives for nothing but money, but besides that what is the issue they could have fixxing all the negativity surrounding their game? It's such a good game with so little flaws that just tear down their reputation because no one cares about these small flaws. I just texted with wg support and after he wasn't ablt to explain himself he just closed the support ticket, like wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
466 posts
10,776 battles
1 minute ago, Wuxang said:

I just texted with wg support and after he wasn't ablt to explain himself he just closed the support ticket, like wtf?

Customer Support level individuals, I believe, cannot alter major game issues such as the 'reporting' system. It is more the responsibility of the senior management and they have decided, apparently, that the current reporting system 'works'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
31 minutes ago, Wuxang said:

I'm a person that writes a lot, don't get me wrong i am not reciving 24h chat bans because of not using the chat option. At the same time I am not insulting anyone. I'm strategically saying what people should do in ranked and i do not think there is anything wrong with that, right? If people listen is another disscussion. They mostly do though and it helps me climb the ladder. For zero reason i recived a chat penalty and i just do not understand why that is. Why is there a reporting system that allows punishmeant without confirmation by a staff member?   

Once?

And that is why WG should change the system?

 

Btw. everything over one day is confirmed by a staff member.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
576 posts
5,199 battles

"confirmed by staff" is what youtube do, and is nothing but a *****show of authoritarian marxist snowflakes abusing their authority because there wasnt enough champagne in their socialism that day.

 

elevating players as chat mods has been tried in a few games iirc, and had its own share of problems with said elevated players turning out to be miniature cartmans, and using their position to let their friend abuse other players with moderator support.

 

sure the current system has some glaring flaws, but they are easy to avoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
341 posts
5,632 battles

The reporting system is not going to be fixed, because it does not impact the game at all, thus having a low priority over bigger things for wg. Regarding chat bans, everything above 24h is manually approved, and bans are mostly reasonable. 

If you are really sure that you didn't write anything wrong, contact wg about it. They can check the chatlogs, but I doubt a 24h ban is worth the effort for you. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MAS-X]
Players
414 posts
9,587 battles
3 hours ago, Wuxang said:

it is sad that people who feel like sending death threats or insulting someone's family can just keep playing as it is and might get a 24h - few days chat ban and then just keep doing it over and over again.

I did insulted back someone who did the same to me in ranked, and even dealt over 10k to them before we lost the game, cause i was a LITTLE upset over what they said

 

I Just got purple for a couple of games, and after days i am keep playing everyday without an issue

 

So yeah, the system is broken, and i guess that fixing it, banning people from the game for bad manners, for days, would result on loosing a good 5% of the players in a short time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,337 posts
9,353 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Once?

And that is why WG should change the system?

 

Btw. everything over one day is confirmed by a staff member.

Isn't it 3 days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,601 posts
5,008 battles

Here we go again...

OK, @OP  we had this thread many times so far and yes we all understand your frustration because its annoying us as well as you. But the thing is, wg will probably never fix it because they don't see it as a broken. In fact they probably think it works as it should.

Best thing you can do is to hide team chat, or use modpack to hide it. Your blood pressure will be thankful to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BRITS]
Beta Tester
361 posts
7,314 battles

For some reason people in charge at WG always think that broken mechanics work well. They think that because it was their idea, it is the greatest idea in the universe and they stop listening to the any feedback from the community.

 

For the first time i also got chat banned (till the 26th) and it was instant. The only "new/different" word i have used was "monstrosity"........... referring to the new tier 10 italian BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
13 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

marxist snowflakes abusing their authority because there wasnt enough champagne in their socialism

Doh, what has your right-wing political bias to do with this topic? :Smile_sceptic:

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
34 minutes ago, Origin47 said:

For some reason people in charge at WG always think that broken mechanics work well. They think that because it was their idea, it is the greatest idea in the universe and they stop listening to the any feedback from the community.

 

For the first time i also got chat banned (till the 26th) and it was instant. The only "new/different" word i have used was "monstrosity"........... referring to the new tier 10 italian BB.

You got banned for something else...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
565 posts
3,326 battles

In the German forum there was a discussion about a player intentionally manipulating every single game. He has like a 39% WR and 200 PR and all he does is sailing straight forward into the enemy without shooting and then dying. Preferrably with a CV. He doesn‘t do anything else.

 

However lots of replays and complaints have been sent to the support, even official CMs replied to that topic. But he is still going. So much about the support, restrictions and sanctions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
19 minutes ago, Von_Pruss said:

In the German forum there was a discussion about a player intentionally manipulating every single game. He has like a 39% WR and 200 PR and all he does is sailing straight forward into the enemy without shooting and then dying. Preferrably with a CV. He doesn‘t do anything else.

 

However lots of replays and complaints have been sent to the support, even official CMs replied to that topic. But he is still going. So much about the support, restrictions and sanctions.

He is not not playing for over 10 days now...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
576 posts
5,199 battles
1 hour ago, PeteEarthling said:

Doh, what has your right-wing political bias to do with this topic? :Smile_sceptic:

liberals arent right wing, so what does a thing you are imagining have to do with an example of manual review being exploitable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
468 posts
7,488 battles

I like this system. This way i can report Smolensk players, CV players and players that have the urge to tell me what to do.

Seems like the system works just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,305 posts
14 hours ago, firerider202 said:

 

If you are really sure that you didn't write anything wrong, contact wg about it. They can check the chatlogs, but I doubt a 24h ban is worth the effort for you. 

That's the funniest joke I have heard to date.... 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,305 posts
1 hour ago, Von_Pruss said:

In the German forum there was a discussion about a player intentionally manipulating every single game. He has like a 39% WR and 200 PR and all he does is sailing straight forward into the enemy without shooting and then dying. Preferrably with a CV. He doesn‘t do anything else.

 

However lots of replays and complaints have been sent to the support, even official CMs replied to that topic. But he is still going. So much about the support, restrictions and sanctions.

If he is spending money do you think for one minute WG will do anything....

 

WG will just happily allow players like this to annoy other players because it means that their purse remains heavy with coin....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
8 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

If he is spending money do you think for one minute WG will do anything....

He is not playing for 13 days now...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,601 posts
5,008 battles
16 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Reporting is currently perfect. All the yappy people get chat banned so the rest of us can play in peace. 

Yappy people? You mean people who are trying to play for the win?

 

With years this game will be left on people with poor PR and campers alone so you should be happy about that because there won't be much good players left in the game. But that is not something that you care about, right? Who give a S* about good players.

 

9 hours ago, TheBrut3 said:

I like this system. This way i can report Smolensk players, CV players and players that have the urge to tell me what to do.

Seems like the system works just fine.

From the perspective of a glue eater, yup it works fine..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
906 posts
10,058 battles
3 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Yappy people? You mean people who are trying to play for the win?

 

Those very important people who think that other people even read their posts? Here's a hint, no one listens to you or takes your "advice". If you are lucky you just get muted and if you are annoying you get reported. Stick to just telling people where you are going and what you are doing and you will cut down the number of reports you get dramatically. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,601 posts
5,008 battles
13 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

 

Those very important people who think that other people even read their posts? Here's a hint, no one listens to you or takes your "advice". If you are lucky you just get muted and if you are annoying you get reported. Stick to just telling people where you are going and what you are doing and you will cut down the number of reports you get dramatically. 

Ok princess.

 

Smart people will take advice. Enough said here.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×