You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

YES WG WILL CHANGE RANKED YESS!!!!!

59 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,502 posts
16,010 battles

Hi all,

3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

This is the relevant Dev Blog: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/78

Hopefully, this may be a change for the better...?

The DevBlog article is a bit incoherent... a lot of things are left "in the dark"... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,525 posts
19,153 battles

Despite the fact, that WG finally implements a qualification for ranked, something i've been asking for years now, i'll hold my horses until i see it live.

In regards to the new format, let me tell a a short story first:

Friends of mine recently shared a vid of their little baby son pooping in a chamber pot for the very first time in his life.

They were soooo exited, and he got excited too and was all happy (maybe because his parents were?), and they gave him candy as a reward for this "achievement", and turned this into a small celebration.

Now, lets fast forward a few years from now...i honestly doubt he, or his parents will consider pooping anywhere other than his pants an achievemnt anymore.

There won't be any celebrations (unless, he turns out to be one of "those" kids...and his parents have a sign on their front lawn "days where our son did NOT poop in the palm tree at the mall: 7) for something that happens on a regular (weekly/monthly) basis.

So, what does pooping have to do with ranked: well, ranked always was a sh*tshow, and if WG turns it into something that happens on a weekly/ monthly basis, it stops being an achievement.

Pls don't do it WG, 4 times a year is enough. I know they want us to keep playing, out of fear to miss out, but seriously???

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
6,778 posts
28 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Despite the fact, that WG finally implements a qualification for ranked, something i've been asking for years now, i'll hold my horses until i see it live.

So, what does pooping have to do with ranked: well, ranked always was a sh*tshow, and if WG tuirns it into something that happens on a weekly/ monthly basis, it stops being an achievement. Pls don't do it WG, 4 times a year is enough. I know they want us to keep playing, out of fear to miss out, but seriously???

Dude I didnt understand a word of your post in the parts I left out from quote...

As for these...

Yes BUT they only let you qualify for the NEXT league and you start at the same league you left at... Now the question is - what happens if you miss a season? Another question is - the first season will be hell, unicums and potatoes all will be in the trashcan league... Another question is - as far as I understand it you can ONLY play ONE league each "sprint" so it might be we cant play Bronze-Silver-Gold in one go at all... Ever...

Well between the ranked sprints, full ranked, CB, brawls and special events we already have a non stop shi*show, sooo nothing to see here, any change is an improvement compared to current ranked...

Off topic:

Anyone else noticed the RM BB facts? 16x 15" guns at T10 and the majority of the line will have running smoke and all fire SAP... :cap_haloween:

Players
3,712 posts
5,079 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

I seriously doubt it.

I'll start to believe when or better to say IF that (better MM quality) ever happen. Until then I don't believe anything that comes out from wg's mouth.

[CAIN]
Players
4,525 posts
19,153 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Dude I didnt understand a word of your post in the parts I left out from quote...

As for these...

Yes BUT they only let you qualify for the NEXT league and you start at the same league you left at... Now the question is - what happens if you miss a season? Another question is - the first season will be hell, unicums and potatoes all will be in the trashcan league... Another question is - as far as I understand it you can ONLY play ONE league each "sprint" so it might be we cant play Bronze-Silver-Gold in one go at all... Ever...

Well between the ranked sprints, full ranked, CB, brawls and special events we already have a non stop shi*show, sooo nothing to see here, any change is an improvement compared to current ranked...

Off topic:

Anyone else noticed the RM BB facts? 16x 15" guns at T10 and the majority of the line will have running smoke and all fire SAP... :cap_haloween:

Really? Don't use Google translate, it sucks.

As for RM BBs, giving BBs sAP is CV rework levels of..."speshul".

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
6,778 posts
9 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Really? Don't use Google translate, it sucks.

Really?

Maybe you can enlighten me about this part for instance?

44 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Now, lets fast forward a few years from now...i honestly doubt he, or his parents will consider pooping anywhere other than his pants an achievemnt anymore.

???

Players
2,982 posts
16,954 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

This is the relevant Dev Blog: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/78

- economic bonus flags removed

Probably Ranked is giving out way to much in the way of rewards and WG wants to nerf it......again!

I mean, the system is literally the same as now except for two qualification stages added and the fact ranked may run indefinitely.

I bet it's about the rewards. If you can "win" 2500 doubloons and 5500 steel every 3 weeks WGs economy breaks down.

• Cool 3

Players
3,430 posts
14,187 battles

Love the fact they are going to time gate it during a day.

coz why not [edited]over shift workers who won’t be able to play it during the so called “quite hours”..... ie. the one time they can actually commit a bit of time to this crap show of a game.

• Cool 12

Players
3,712 posts
5,079 battles
13 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

coz why not [edited]over shift workers who won’t be able to play it during the so called “quite hours”..... ie. the one time they can actually commit a bit of time to this crap show of a game.

I think this is going to be a bigger shitshow than it already is.

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Players
2,842 posts
16,989 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

I think this is going to be a bigger shitshow than it already is.

I was about to post a meme saying 'doubt'

Then I realised which gaming forum I was on

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[RONIN]
Players
359 posts
3,749 battles

why do you think this is better? this is similar system to league of legends, where you get stuck forever at some rank beacouse you depend on other people plays and not so much on yours. (beacouse of the nubmers of players)

Even if it sound nice it will be bigger grind fest to advance to next league. Until they make an individual effort of the game there is really very small window of advance.

• Cool 2

Players
6,615 posts
10,871 battles
23 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

You should know by now, that this game demands your entire attention. Its a mission. You havent quit your job already like the rest of us? Action stations my brother! Onwards to the endless ranked Season! [during 7 and 11 pm CET only]

alzKe3DD_700w_0.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 11
  • Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,917 posts
12,819 battles

I can't see the point of hybrid ships.  While the planes are in the air the ship operates like a CV - the player can't shoot guns but I presume the secondaries will fire.   So, for periods in the game the guns will be 'out of play'.

• Cool 1

Players
5,130 posts
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

I can't see the point of hybrid ships.  While the planes are in the air the ship operates like a CV - the player can't shoot guns but I presume the secondaries will fire.   So, for periods in the game the guns will be 'out of play'.

Hmm.. in a sense it might be hard to see who wants to play them. Not the CV players obviously, and would BB players want to skip BB play and enjoy limited CV functionality?

[_ES_]
Players
32 posts
5,820 battles
2 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

Feel the same here. I moved to Canada and can play only late evenings and early mornings CET. That means I could play a couple of ranked battles only during weekends 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,199 posts

Was expected. Wg needs a competitive mode to span across multiple tiers on same longer period event.

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
952 posts
12,988 battles
50 minutes ago, starbase said:

Feel the same here. I moved to Canada and can play only late evenings and early mornings CET. That means I could play a couple of ranked battles only during weekends 

you know you can move your acount to north america, they have transfer times where you can move i think.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles

WG re-working something... I can smell the failure from here.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3

Players
5,130 posts
1 minute ago, JapLance said:

WG re-working something... I can smell the failure from here.

Past record is no guarantee of success. :Smile_Default:

Players
1,848 posts
15,466 battles
3 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

But comrade, those shift workers will experience the full benefit of this system that is implemented to "ensure quality matchmaking"... by preventing them from playing ranked at all..

• Funny 3