You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LoveZeppelin

How 2 spend 2 million free xp ?

86 comments in this topic

[JOLLY]
Players
462 posts
11,658 battles
  1. Smaland 2 mil free xp
  2. Hayate 2 mil free xp
  3. Agir (1 mil) and Azuma (1 mil) (I already own Alaska)
  4. 3 x free xp Haragumo tech tree reset for Research Bureau tokens (lazy and wasteful, right?) for 1.8 mil free xp = 40 000 RB tokens with 1 x seasonal bonus, 60 k with 3 x seasonal bonus (takes longer, obviously)
  5. Free xp my way through those tech tree lines that make you groan (upcoming slow USN bbs?)
  6. don't spend any free xp, maybe WG will offer something nice for Xmas?

I have been sitting on all this free xp for a while now, it has been a struggle, as I indecisively ponder the options. What would you do?

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
965 posts
13,049 battles

no ship is worth 2 milion. but if your gonna get 1 småland is way more worth then hayate its uniqe!

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
369 posts
3,767 battles

Maybe to spend it on some tier 10 ship you want but dont like to grind the line?

Most people use it to do the tech tree reset.

[CRU_]
Players
335 posts
9,508 battles

I dumped 2mil FXP into lines for the Ohio. Probably not the best use of it, but of all the Tier X special ships on offer it was the most appealing. Outside of that i usually only use FXP to skip modules, something i never used to do in the game, and is probably the best use of FXP. It means you rarely play a ship stock. Best use of FXP is probably tier 9 specials at 1M FXP.

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Players
533 posts
10 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:
  1. don't spend any free xp, maybe WG will offer something nice for Xmas?

Puerto Rico missions 2.0, this time with more of a challenge.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[JOLLY]
Players
462 posts
11,658 battles
10 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Maybe to spend it on some tier 10 ship you want but dont like to grind the line?

Most people use it to do the tech tree reset.

9 minutes ago, zengaze said:

I dumped 2mil FXP into lines for the Ohio. Probably not the best use of it, but of all the Tier X special ships on offer it was the most appealing. Outside of that i usually only use FXP to skip modules, something i never used to do in the game, and is probably the best use of FXP. It means you rarely play a ship stock. Best use of FXP is probably tier 9 specials at 1M FXP.

the crazy thing is, that (including the credit/silver cost of buying stuff back,), tier 10 Rb ships probably work out cheaper in free xp than tier 10 free xp ships (with 3 x seasonal bonus)!

Players
2,020 posts
19 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:
  1. Smaland 2 mil free xp
  2. Hayate 2 mil free xp
  4. 3 x free xp Haragumo tech tree reset for Research Bureau tokens (lazy and wasteful, right?) for 1.8 mil free xp = 40 000 RB tokens with 1 x seasonal bonus, 60 k with 3 x seasonal bonus (takes longer, obviously)
  5. Free xp my way through those tech tree lines that make you groan (upcoming slow USN bbs?)

I have been sitting on all this free xp for a while now, it has been a struggle, as I indecisively ponder the options. What would you do?

Smaland or wait for something new,  considering you have Alaska and Friesland. If you don’t have them go for Alaska and Friesland.

Players
1,677 posts
7,565 battles

I got Agir for 1 million FXP, and will dump 1.4 million FXP for 40.000 RP (using the 2x multipliers) to get the Siegfried. I'd get Smaland if I were a DD main.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,513 posts
16,045 battles

Hi all,

3 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I got Agir for 1 million FXP, and will dump 1.4 million FXP for 40.000 RP (using the 2x multipliers) to get the Siegfried. I'd get Smaland if I were a DD main.

I got "Agir" for 1M FreXP and currently sit on 2.2M FreeXP... I was thinking about getting "Slava" (or possibly "Ohio") with it (via "Research Bureau")...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
2,020 posts
4 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I got "Agir" for 1M FreXP and currently sit on 2.2M FreeXP... I was thinking about getting "Slava" (or possibly "Ohio") with it (via "Research Bureau")...

Leo "Apollo11"

If you convince yourself spending your fxp on RB, go for Ohio. Slava isn't worth it imo.

[-RAF-]
Players
1,039 posts
6,049 battles
49 minuti fa, LoveZeppelin ha scritto:

Agir (1 mil) and Azuma (1 mil) (I already own Alaska)

how is alaska? i have 270k free exp, soon 370k with the shipbuilding phase 12

how is azuma? yoshino but weaker? thx

also, i don't know.. 2,2mill are a lot....

Players
655 posts

Småland or Hayate, or neither.

I already slapped free-exp to some booring IX-ship lines to get the SC from this event.

I have some lines sitting in VIII and IX, but seems wasteful and shame to not play them honestly.

SCs game be mostly flags and camos, so not expecting anything "good".

[JOLLY]
Players
462 posts
11,658 battles
4 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

how is alaska? i have 270k free exp, soon 370k with the shipbuilding phase 12

how is azuma? yoshino but weaker? thx

also, i don't know.. 2,2mill are a lot....

Alaska is worth the free xp/ Right now the best performing tier 9 cruiser, superior by a wide margin to Azuma and Agir. Yoshino is a coal ship, she is fine, a better Azuma, but not exceptional.

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles

I currently wouldn't go for super-cruisers until the final form of this captain skills rework is known. So for me it would be DDs, RB if you're interested in any of those ships, or continue to sit on it until there's something you really really want to spend it on. Nothing has brought me greater regret in this game than times I have spent FXP for no other reason than because it was there...

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,168 posts
9,421 battles
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

no ship is worth 2 milion. but if your gonna get 1 småland is way more worth then hayate its uniqe!

you can always give me 2 mil free xp if you not need it

[SM0KE]
Players
5,883 posts
14,139 battles

2 million fxp is stupidly over-priced for a ship but, knowing this, I still recently got Smaland (mixture of fxp bought with research points, and fxp earned doing a regrind with lots of dragon flags), and she does seem to be really rather splendid so far.

It probably helps that I was somewhat familiar with the broad brushes of the play style thanks to having Orkan; the 'Ludicrous Speed' boost is very nice to have at times too (pity you can't run the relevant - admittedly, soon to be nerfed again - coal mod at the same time as the radar one).

• Cool 2

Players
10,120 posts
11,884 battles
1 hour ago, LoveZeppelin said:
  1. Smaland 2 mil free xp
  2. Hayate 2 mil free xp

Don't spend them and see what WG will pull out next. That or fxp some ships you don't see yourself liking.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,909 posts
27,739 battles

If you are going for FXP ship than choose either Smaland or Agir. If you are still not sure which to take, compare Ohio, Slava, Colbert, Siegfried, Agir and Smaland, what class do you prefer, what tier and for which purpose (competitive gaming of just for fun in randoms) and which of them would suit your playstyle the best. There is plenty of videos of gameplay of all of them, majority of streamers are playing them quite often. All of them are good choice but it depends on you which one would be the best suit you.

[JOLLY]
Players
462 posts
11,658 battles
11 minutes ago, fumtu said:

If you are going for FXP ship than choose either Smaland or Agir. If you are still not sure which to take, compare Ohio, Slava, Colbert, Siegfried, Agir and Smaland, what class do you prefer, what tier and for which purpose (competitive gaming of just for fun in randoms) and which of them would suit your playstyle the best. There is plenty of videos of gameplay of all of them, majority of streamers are playing them quite often. All of them are good choice but it depends on you which one would be the best suit you.

none of them, I afraid, I really want a t10 asashio with klebers speed, Loyangs handling, German hydro and Hallands AA, Daring's smoke; also with Massa secondaries would be nice.

but I'm not sure Santa will agree to this request/

but whatever would bring me most fun in random battles and which is generally agreed to be overpowered. Tier 10 bbs, excepting Repub, all seem quite boring to me, gameplay is too slow. Colbert looks like lots of fun, but quite crazy, difficult to pull off well? (Main armament is like the namesake's moustache, thin, very short ranged and lightweight!)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6eiOk9qiGmoWX-1IyCN-

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,909 posts
27,739 battles
20 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

none of them, I afraid, I really want a t10 asashio with klebers speed, Loyangs handling, German hydro and Hallands AA, Daring's smoke; also with Massa secondaries would be nice.

but I'm not sure Santa will agree to this request/

If it is under hammer and sickle flag then why not.

Players
2,307 posts
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

As a DD main; the Smaland has poor concealment, poor torpedoes (Worse than Halland), poor manoeuvrability and no greater health pool than Halland... save the 2 million fxp and just get the Halland... 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[JOLLY]
Players
462 posts
11,658 battles
2 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

As a DD main; the Smaland has poor concealment, poor torpedoes (Worse than Halland), poor manoeuvrability and no greater health pool than Halland... save the 2 million fxp and just get the Halland... 

isn't the concealment the same as for Halland (6 km with module and CE)?

i thought the Smaland party trick was its 7.5 km radar & better gunnery than Halland. (better ROF and range)

Players
2,307 posts
2 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

i thought the Smaland party trick was its 7.5 km radar & better gunnery than Halland. (better ROF and range)

ROF is better by 0.3 seconds... Concealment looks the same a Halland or slightly worse... Yeah so it's got radar.... it also has 2 less torpedoes than a Halland with the same hitting power as a Halland... basically you spend 2 million to get a Halland with 20 seconds of radar and a 0.3 faster firing rate... really worth 2,000,000 fxp??

Players
2,020 posts
1 minute ago, LoveZeppelin said:

Smaland has 6.1km but as you wrote, it outguns Halland easy (and other DDs except Daring, Harugumo, Khaba and Kleber) and the radar is specifically for dd hunting. As a matter fact if one chooses to engage a Smaland with a Halland, they are dead 100%. Halland has better torps and AA. 100 meters concealment means nothing while 7.5km means a lot. So poor concealment argument is invalid as they can be considered having pretty much the same concealment. Halland and Smaland are definitely not the same ships. They can't do what the other one does. 

• Cool 1