msviper

Hit rewards issue

9 comments in this topic

Question

Players
4 posts
109 battles

Hi guys.

I´m a new player , i only have about 65 battles at the time.

i have a question , because i still can´t understand this game completly...

I have seen a few times this situation happen to me...

Im batteling an enemy ship , it is getting its score lower and lower because of my hits , at the last moment , when im still reloading , a friendly comes and lands a hit on that ship ans destroys him .

Im credited with damage , ok... ( he´s the one that landed the kill )

But i have been able to come near a battle to assist a friendly , and i can clearly see that i´ve been the one that landed the final shot.

But , in the end , im not credited with nothing , not a kill , not even damage...

What are the requirements for these type of rewards?

I hope i did a good job illustrating my issue...

English is not my natural language...

8 answers to this question

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,046 posts
12,457 battles
5 minutes ago, msviper said:

What are the requirements for these type of rewards?

First of all: there are no Achievements in Co-Op-Battles (or almost none) as you're facing bots. 

If you really "landed the final shot" you'd be credited with the kill, but obviously you are not the one who did "final shot" - so either your client is not synced or you misinterpretate you shells landing and "killing" or "hitting" - which could explain why you don't get anything.

As you hit almost 56% of your shells in Co-Op perhaps I don't get your question at all.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,408 posts
9,877 battles
6 minutes ago, msviper said:

But i have been able to come near a battle to assist a friendly , and i can clearly see that i´ve been the one that landed the final shot.

the last HP of said ship could be taken by flooding or fires, so your shot might land slightly later after the fire ticked the last HP

seems that your eyes tricked you

dont be worry about kill steal, xp for damage is calculated depending on how big is the HP pool of enemy ship

so doing 2k dmg to 15k HP DD is way more than doing 10k dmg to 80k HP BB

hopefully its clear

Players
4 posts
109 battles
26 minutes ago, von_chom said:

the last HP of said ship could be taken by flooding or fires, so your shot might land slightly later after the fire ticked the last HP

seems that your eyes tricked you (...)

That can be the most probable cause , thanks for the answer...

Players
4 posts
109 battles
28 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

First of all: there are no Achievements in Co-Op-Battles (or almost none) as you're facing bots. 

Didn´t know that , thanks...

If you really "landed the final shot" you'd be credited with the kill, but obviously you are not the one who did "final shot" - so either your client is not synced or you misinterpretate you shells landing and "killing" or "hitting" - which could explain why you don't get anything.

I believe i did misinterpretated that , might have not been my shells that finished the enemy but the growing damage made by previous hits...

As you hit almost 56% of your shells in Co-Op perhaps I don't get your question at all.

56% because i have seen in videos that these lower tiers of sips have a good amount of dispersion , so some of the shells from my salvos land in water near...

28 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

Players
4 posts
109 battles
6 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

For your own wellbeying dont even try to, this game is a lotery in its mechanics, even if they seem clear on paper the way they work is completely random, so if you start asking yourself anytime something unusuall happens youll go mad.

LOOOOLLLLL ....

your answer made me laugh so hard , but , it´s true...

I´m not going to be tickled by what the game is doing, im here to have fun...

There are games far worse than this in that sense...

I asked just by simple curiosity...

I played whith the tier 1 supllied cruiser  , got the St Louis but i don´t like it , too slow...

I´m now triyng to learn and dedicating myself to DD class, Clemson so far , but trying to reach Kidd or Fletcher , my favorite vessels in the game for personal reasons...

Players
0 posts
Vor 6 Stunden, msviper sagte:

I´m a new player , i only have about 65 battles at the time.

i have a question , because i still can´t understand this game completly...

Hello,                                                       ..........................(made with google translator)................................

I think it's good how you take your first steps with WoWs.
There is a lot to learn before you have learned the basics of game mechanics. And then the experience comes too.
You will still have many questions. Most of the answers can be found here:  https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

At WoWs, every beginner has a closed season of 200 battles (I call it "puppy protection").

This co-op mode can be very helpful.
You play against machines and NOT real people. Ideal for learning.
You can try everything, practice and mistakes made are no problem. Practice until there are no more mistakes.

I also find learning the basics in a few nations positive.
The basics of game mechanics are the same for all ships.
Once you have understood it in principle, this knowledge can also be used on ships of other nations.
In addition, there are a few specific peculiarities of each nation (which explains the diversity of WoWs).

A few more small tips / suggestions:

--  They get a lot for free from WG. Even if you partially can't use it yet, save it. Doubloons, coal, signals camouflages and much more.
If you only sail 1 ship per day in all battles, you learn it more sustainably.
--  Stick to the access levels (account level), which opens up more opportunities for you every time: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

-- Stay away from Random Battles for the time being. With this you leave the protection zone)! Possible mistakes will be exploited and punished by your opponents.

-- While tempting, DO NOT buy premium ships. They currently do not offer you any advantages. At level 14 you get a T3 US cruiser from WG for free.
-- Take the captain from the old ship along a line to the newly acquired ship. With this, the captain acquires "skill points" which are very important later.

-- Get lost with your port. It provides a lot of information. Likewise with the gun combs.
-- There is a WoWs practice room. Use it: Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIxNluItVWI

--  Do not play up the individual ship lines at the "fast train speed".
-- Do not continue playing like T5 during the closed season.
A new phase begins there.  An interim billing should take place at the latest.

With a little patience, discipline, not entirely aimlessly and using your common sense, you will learn the basics relatively quickly and the experience will come over time, as will the successes in random.

Kind regards

(made with google translator)

[SM0KE]
Players
5,783 posts
14,064 battles
On 9/23/2020 at 7:30 AM, msviper said:

I´m now triyng to learn and dedicating myself to DD class, Clemson so far , but trying to reach Kidd or Fletcher , my favorite vessels in the game for personal reasons...

Take your time - you'll do better is you don't rush up the tiers. It'll give you a chance to acquire the necessary knowledge to do well in the game.

BTW the wiki is a good source of information on mechanics and ships and suchlike: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,019 battles
35 minutes ago, msviper said:

because i still can´t understand this game completly...

For your own wellbeying dont even try to, this game is a lotery in its mechanics, even if they seem clear on paper the way they work is completely random, so if you start asking yourself anytime something unusuall happens youll go mad.

Sign in to follow this